Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bottom line smart folks see the dumb folks "games and ploys" where by dumb folks use their friends for fiscal and social status gain ...and basically smart folks want no part of it ...liberal big city folks vs small town rural conservatives--- gee who knew these two groups would be vastly different ?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a lady I liked "on the surface", felt a bit of good chemistry, and found her physically attractive during our only in person meeting.

So, we were talking on the phone, at least she was, about absolutely nothing - just continuing noise. A couple times I tried to interject and she talked right over me. I tried to be patient, and then the light went off in me that stated clearly - I wouldn't want that in my life, I would end up hating her. I tried to interject again and she again talked right over me.

I hung up the phone on her and have never written or spoken to her again. She e-mailed me one more time, said she didn't understand why I dropped her.

And, she never will.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure I'm not just a big "man-pickle".

I am absolutly happiest when by myself all alone. I have one friend and he lives almost 1000 miles away. We speak every 3- 4 years or so. When we get together it's like we never were apart and just pick right back up where we had left. He understands me.

There is some accuracy to how I percieve relationships within the video. The effort is usually not worth the rewards, imo.

I can easily play the life of the party, but it's so energy sapping I hate it. If I had a choice between 6 months solitary confinement or 6 months of socialite partying every night... quick, lock me up!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool video! I wonder if in large groups one of the reasons smart people are less happy is because they have to dumb themselves down. I've met some really smart people, some almost have to put on an act to fit in/relate. But one on one, they are way over the average persons head. :dontknow: One of my true friends is out there in intelligence, so I'll admit I'm one of the dumb ones!:tongue3:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a lady I liked "on the surface", felt a bit of good chemistry, and found her physically attractive during our only in person meeting.

So, we were talking on the phone, at least she was, about absolutely nothing - just continuing noise. A couple times I tried to interject and she talked right over me. I tried to be patient, and then the light went off in me that stated clearly - I wouldn't want that in my life, I would end up hating her. I tried to interject again and she again talked right over me.

I hung up the phone on her and have never written or spoken to her again. She e-mailed me one more time, said she didn't understand why I dropped her.

And, she never will.

I hate it when a conversation is one way like that...lol.

What I do, when finally able to speak a few words I state firmly, "YEAH, I saw that movie!", then follow up with something totally random before they can respond, "There is bacon grease inside the rollerskate." I love the confusion they show.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Or the time with my buddy. First conversation in 4 years and lasting late into the night. He's been talking and talking for 30 minutes and I can't get in a word edgewise.

Finally I just interrupted him, "DUDE! What kind of conversation is this? You won't shut up long enough to let me speak. Every time I try speaking you get louder and keep on yaking! WTF?"

He says all matter of factly, "I know. I like it like that."

Bwahahahahahah we were rolling with laughter. :tongue3:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
smart folks honestly like bumping into other smart folks -- its so rare and refreshing to actually chat with a intelligent person on interesting subject matter ... rather than having to plod along with dull boring folks and their chatter all about the latest TV show their watching ---yawn.....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smart folks honestly like bumping into other smart folks -- its so rare and refreshing to actually chat with a intelligent person on interesting subject matter ... rather than having to plod along with dull boring folks and their chatter all about the latest TV show their watching ---yawn.....

I look at that a little different..There are motivated people and then there are people that just exist, basically. I consider myself motivated in ways, I can't stand hanging out or talking to unmotivated people. The conversation is just like what you are saying. I want to learn from people, try things,do something,...Some people just want to sit, do nothing, or already "know" everything. Not that me wasting time typing nonsense in the threads is any different though...:laughing7:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
And here I am hiding up the holler loving the company of my 3 cats. They come around for the essentials and do not bombard me with continuous noise. Noise is all you receive from others with a limited universe. And my own reclusive nature, through extreme vetting is why I remain alone after the 20 years following my divorce.

Invite the Devil in, he'll surely come to stay.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to fall under the category of never slowing down. Had some bad personal experiences and, while they didn't stop me from interacting with people, I wouldn't let ANYONE get close to me!!

Don't know if I could be considered "smart", or if "smart ass" would better reflect me, but we live as far away from "humans" as we can physically handle, so you tell me! :tongue3:

...I guess that's why I like this internet forum-thing so much. It's like, "Can you see, feel or hurt me now?? GOOD!!" :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, I'm sure, of the reply I will receive, when I show this to my 3 frien........

ooops, make that, 2 friends...... errrr, wait...... :icon_scratch:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And here I am hiding up the holler loving the company of my 3 cats. They come around for the essentials and do not bombard me with continuous noise. Noise is all you receive from others with a limited universe. And my own reclusive nature, through extreme vetting is why I remain alone after the 20 years following my divorce.

Invite the Devil in, he'll surely come to stay.

So, if I visit the crazy cat guy ; I have to stay on the porch huh?
Guess I ought to worry about getting to the porch first though ; without getting hit with a book from that trebuchet.....:icon_scratch:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on

And, she never will.

yeah ! can you imagine having sex with that ? yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak ah what the keck send over to me.yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to fall under the category of never slowing down. Had some bad personal experiences and, while they didn't stop me from interacting with people, I wouldn't let ANYONE get close to me!!

Don't know if I could be considered "smart", or if "smart ass" would better reflect me, but we live as far away from "humans" as we can physically handle, so you tell me! :tongue3:

...I guess that's why I like this internet forum-thing so much. It's like, "Can you see, feel or hurt me now?? GOOD!!" :laughing7:

We had the same type of conversation here a couple weeks ago. We had all kinds of friends, people showed up and called all hours of the day and night. Since we moved 3 states away? We hear from 3 people!! Where did they all go? Hmmm, can't help or loan money instantly from 3 states away. :dontknow:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We had the same type of conversation here a couple weeks ago. We had all kinds of friends, people showed up and called all hours of the day and night. Since we moved 3 states away? We hear from 3 people!! Where did they all go? Hmmm, can't help or loan money instantly from 3 states away. :dontknow:
DANG you got good ears! :laughing7:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Relationships are either for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

/mikedrop

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So, if I visit the crazy cat guy ; I have to stay on the porch huh?
Guess I ought to worry about getting to the porch first though ; without getting hit with a book from that trebuchet.....:icon_scratch:

Nope! There's no room on the porch!

Actually, I've already evaluated you. You're in!

You can help me defend against the Zombie Hoard coming up the driveway seeking what is mine.

You know all those popular zombie movies, maybe they're not the dead ones rising. It's the "others".

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am around thousands of people all day at my job, cant wait to get home and away from them

Edit: I have no friends and I am OK with that

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread