bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
the little pic you guys and girls have to the left! most are really cool. some of them are like the geico comericial," what". they are so bad. i have not decided on one yet but, i'm thinking of my pic with a really nice find. i beg some of you to rethink! your avatar,! children will see this! not to single anyone out. don't use any pics during a boatdrink party, when you are high! birthdays!!!!!!!!!!! ect. we are a sport that should not be made fun! this is serious stuff! let's help the sport! hobby to others. this may be put in the rant section! but i'm not! i am new to md'ing and have a lot to learn. teach me! ben

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Considering the screen name you use that's seems sort of ironic bucket of guts. People are individuals and you can tell a lot from a person's avatar. This is more like a mature metal detecting site if there ever was one, which I like. Just ignore the offending avatars. If you see someones avatars that is offending to you, report it to the moderators and they'll handle it. I've never reported anything, that's not my style.

And if there was an avatar contest the dude with the GEICO avatar could possibly win, many members have mentioned his avatar in a good light. I might start using my previous lost link avatar. This is it:

Attachments

• Caveman.JPG
    Caveman.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 489
  • Caveman Avatar.JPG
    Caveman Avatar.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 412

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
up to the mods,but is "bucketofguts"kid friendly? ???which pic is the"high"pic?

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Actually, I think that most, if not all of the members here due use good judgement when choosing their avatars. Most people has finds, pets, and even children in their avatas. Just my two cents.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any offensive avatars yet, but maybe I missed one. I am sure if there were any that were that offensive Mark would already have contacted the offending party and or had it removed.

I'm not sure how an avatar of a guy or girl holding a cup of what is implied to be an alcoholic drink could be bad considering how small avatars for names are, but the name bucketof guts is not.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I can't stand this one, and you don't like cavemen. I don't sweet it, because it make the person who uses an avatar like that look, well let just say, not to sophisticated or just a goofball. I'm sort of a goofball and not sophisticated too ;). Maverick type.

HH
index.php

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I think that in all of the time I have been here I have only seen one really stupid avatar...(and here is where the guys will probally disagree :)), but it was some chick down south that posed in her thong and showed us all her backside..... a tad over the limit....Most of the time when you see a poster that has a dumb avatar combined with unintelligent posts we just chalk it up as a desperate plea for attention.......I think the avatars generally show the posters interests or personality and thats cool.....and I guess if you post a dopey looking avatar then thats a reflection of who you are....
This is a family friendly forum, we are also suppose to be adults ... 99.9% us remember that when posting.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
I like your new avatar gypsyheart. You should keep it! It is pretty.

I have only seen a few avatars on here that were a little wild. I thought they were funny.

But they were quickly changed.

Different strokes for different folks.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Gypsy I love the avatar as it is, the look on your face is priceless! Do you really think the girls will let you change it?

Amen! I love it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn, you might know the one avatar I miss, and it would be a thong avatar. ;D

OP
OP
bucketofguts

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
i love every avatar on this forum! some more than others. some less that others. i still hate to clean fish to this day! great finding guys and girls! ben aka bucketofguts

OP
OP
bucketofguts

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
your caveman is cool! imho! he looks like an AT through hiker to me! hope someone gives him a ride! did you take the pic? thanks for your time.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
bucketofguts said:
your caveman is cool! imho! he looks like an AT through hiker to me! hope someone gives him a ride! did you take the pic? thanks for your time.

Yeah, I took that photo. That dude was panhandling under the 60 Freeway in Riverside California, on Market Street right by Fairmount Park. He didn’t need a ride, he wanted money. I thought he look too healthy to be panhandling, we need healthy people like him in Iraq.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread