Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Any Bull Riders?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
    1741 times
    Gimme your jewels

Any Bull Riders?

My young son asked about this when he saw a commercial.

This reminded me of a guy I worked with years ago who rode bulls semi-professionally.

I'll try most anything once and more if I like it. I asked him to teach me and give me a try. I like a good rush and it seems a good challenge.

Let me tell you! You don't know adrenaline until you've been lashed to a 1200 pound pissed-off unpredictable mass of muscle, horn, and hoof determined to knock you off and stomp you. I was trying to stay on because I was afraid what would happen if I were to jump off! The bull was too much for my experience and I unwillingly left my perch atop his back. I hit the ground hard, getting the wind knocked out of me. No time to breathe anyway. I cleared a 5 foot fence with only one hand on the top rail and the other clutching my ribs. That's adrenaline athletics because I probably could not have done it any other way.

2.2 seconds - seemed like 22 minutes from where I sat.

Yeah, that was a good laugh putting me on your craziest bull you nut-bag! I gave up bull riding ideas on the spot. You guys are crazy adrenaline junkies!

Show your hand if you're a crazy bull rider. (keeping my hand down) Respect for that....I think....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-History-of-Bull-Riding-1030x687.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	1403320
    Last edited by Deft Tones; Jan 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM.
    Rebel - KGC and DizzyDigger like this.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4278 times
    Prospecting
    Guess I'm a little more sane than you were. I always thought it was a rather stupid thing to do. ...Then again, many people think that about fire fighting!
    Deft Tones likes this.
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
    1741 times
    Gimme your jewels
    Quote Originally Posted by kcm View Post
    Guess I'm a little more sane than you were. I always thought it was a rather stupid thing to do. ...Then again, many people think that about fire fighting!
    I've had to do things that were a lot more stupid, but the bull riding idea was right up there.

Once, I had to jump 2 stories off of a roof. If ever I experienced a miracle... that was the moment.

For sure, willfully running into an inferno about to collapse or explode at any second, that hast to be an adrenaline rush!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4278 times
    Prospecting
    Was at a fire training facility right near Texas A&M where we had to put out a 1,000 gallon LP tank fire as it's spewing flames 100' into the air. The heat was so intense that if anyone on the hose crews had screwed up, the middle person would have had their arm fried! Everyone had to take their turns. There were (2) hose crews, and one lone idiot who had to go up between the fog sprays and stick his hand through to turn off the gas valve. I think I was the 3rd idiot that day to stick my hand through.

We also descended from a 4-story concrete burn house in full gear, pulled charged 1.5" hose upstairs, sometimes while carrying a lifesize dummy, and even had a chance to go up in a helicopter. Had lots of other challenging things then as well. Plus went through fire training for the USAF (piece of cake!!), and 7 years of fire fighting in the Texas heat!!

But yeah, bull riding? Now THAT'S crazy!!
    Molewacker and Deft Tones like this.

SITE BRAVO DETAINEE

Dec 2012
    6823 times
    Metal Detecting
    < supermodel rider
    PLEASE Ladies, stop pming me, I'm married

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Tesoro Cult Member & Overlord - Compadre; Silver uMax; Cibola; Vaquero; Lobo Super Traq; Tejon; Sand Shark - Minelab GPZ 7000
    11596 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hey right here! ...OH! Umm, wait a sec! I thought it said "Bull &%$#@&" Sorry.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4278 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    < supermodel rider
    Name:  roflmao.gif
Views: 38
Size:  129.5 KB
    Deft Tones likes this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    1741 times
    Gimme your jewels
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    < supermodel rider
    So many of your quips are enhanced by your avatar. I enjoy stumbling upon them. Makes me smile.
    Rebel - KGC and jeff-gordon like this.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    4201 times
    Prospecting
    As a kid I grew up on a small horse ranch, and we had a few beef steers around
    to keep the freezer full.

I seem to recall a time or two when we tried riding one of those steers, and it was
    usually as payment for a bet..you lose the bet, you ride the steer..

One of those steers might have been 20% of what those big bulls are capable of.

Bulls? No thanks...I'll take a pass.
    Deft Tones, kcm and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    1741 times
    Gimme your jewels
    About 4 years ago i was driving some back roads looking for a public hunting area. stopped at a gravel intersection trying to get a signal to pull up a map on the phone. windows down, quiet and peaceful nature sounds until i heard some strange noises nearby. looking over out the window was a bull standing at the fence stomping the ground and snorting. What, Mr Bull? You think you own this road?I thought about yelling at him until i noticed the fence was rotted branches for posts.....then I got the hell out of there as fast as I could. He wins.

I don't mess with the bulls anymore.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

SITE BRAVO DETAINEE

Dec 2012
    6823 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Deft Tones View Post
    So many of your quips are enhanced by your avatar. I enjoy stumbling upon them. Makes me smile.
    actually riding models is harder than one would think. It's hard to find a saddle small enough, many times I just use two under one saddle
    Deft Tones likes this.
    PLEASE Ladies, stop pming me, I'm married

Jun 2007
    6006 times
    Mechanical Bulls in NYC count...?

us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    1741 times
    Gimme your jewels
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    LOL.

I've rode a mechanical bull in a bar once, but was too drunk to have a chance. It's not much easier if the operator wants to throw you off. So that counts for skill, I suppose.

Without the danger of the live animal there was no adrenaline pumping. I think that's why guys and gals ride bulls - for the rush! Can't believe another reason would exist.

We'll admit it as "counts".
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    4278 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    What, you've never seen the movie 'Urban Cowboy' before?!?!? ...At least I think that was the film. Has been more than 20 years since I've seen it, but pretty sure they showed a mechanical bull in a bar.

...Why can't I remember IMPORTANT stuff rather than this meaningless garbage??
    Deft Tones likes this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Yacolt WA
    Ace 350 - AT Pro
    549 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Donny Gay is my hero! His commentary is priceless during bull riding events -

Love watching, wouldn't try it - I drive demo derby, but bull riders are crazy!
    Rebel - KGC and Deft Tones like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links