ALERT,,,,OROVILLE DAM is going to fail..100 miles North of Sacramento

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was anyone living downstream of this,,, I would be getting the hell out of there,,NOW.
This is the tallest earthen dam in the USA,,, spillway has failed,, the "overflow" spillway is washing away,,, as a matter of fact the spillway has eroded to the point to where it cannot be used to lower the water.
And with another huge storm coming onshore tomorrow,,, this IS a huge disaster waiting to happen.
I would GET OUT NOW.

These videos are within the last hour or so.
GOOD LUCK ALL

Last edited:

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live about 10 minutes from there. It's pretty nasty. The spillway is all the way down to bedrock. I'm thinking of working an indirect path in hopes of finding my first nugget.

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you safety man...
But I feel ya on the nugget though.
Has any evacuation been given for those downstream?
When this fails,,, it's going to make Johnstown Pa. look like a farm pond drain.

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you safety man...
But I feel ya on the nugget though.
Has any evacuation been given for those downstream?
When this fails,,, it's going to make Johnstown Pa. look like a farm pond drain.

I overheard from a few sources at a local real estate brokerage that several downtown Oroville businesses were being given evacuation procedures. Another major storm is going to hit in a 2-4 days that will last a week. No breaks around here it seems. Any entrance to the spillway has been roped off and has 24/7 monitoring/police enforcement to keep out onlookers.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea.. I'd be headed upstream of that lake for sure.. take a little trip; do a little camping and metal detecting. I know what a evacuation looks like and it "ain't" pretty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread