What is this?

lgraup

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaning out my fathers tool room in the basement this item was found. It is wooden, looks hand made, it is very lite, no markings. It is about 10 1/2 in long and about 1 inch wide. it kind of looks like a large clothes pin. their is a nail in one side with some sort of material under it. does anyone know what this thing is and what it was used for. 20170221_085914.jpg 20170221_085934.jpg 20170221_085946.jpg

Magimerlin

Greenie
Oct 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a handle to a strap wrench

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lgraup

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today a friend of my father stopped by. I asked him if he knew what the wooden item was. He said his father used some like that for his trout lines. he said he put the hooks in the opening after all hooks were on they wrapped the line around handle, he said their usually was a piece of inner tube attached to cover the hooks. I dont know if that is what it was made for or just a use of it.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today a friend of my father stopped by. I asked him if he knew what the wooden item was. He said his father used some like that for his trout lines. he said he put the hooks in the opening after all hooks were on they wrapped the line around handle, he said their usually was a piece of inner tube attached to cover the hooks. I dont know if that is what it was made for or just a use of it.

Ingenous

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread