Beware of the Warden

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went lookin for gold up in the hills of central California and got voice mail that was about 1 hour old. My wife told me call now. Called her back and didnt believe what she said. She told me that some dude jumped over the fence and our dogs were goin crazy. Now the wife (Warden) is not big but a very mean farm girl from Oregon. She told him you got 5 seconds to get out or the dogs are coming out or be shot. He ran away and probably a good thing. Now i am a pretty strong guy but she was babysitting my grandaughter. I love my wife but now even more. If you come to Fresno to steal or running away from the POPO do NOT come in my hood.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that,,
Among that first things I'm going to do when I move to Pennsylvania is visit the sheriff for my concealed carry permit,, and then get a dog. I'll consider "a wife" later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wife is also a good shooter

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, Wardens USUALLY get Firearms training & a concealed weapon w/ permit to conceal/carry. I DID, acting Warden in a MAX Prison in Va. 1989-1992; had training on AR-15 (LOVED it!), 12 Gauge Shotgun & my Sub-nose 5-shot "38" with holster. Wife hated it, tho; SHE grew up with Guns around HER house. Her daddy was Lt. Col. Maryland State Police, her brother was SGT. K-9; now her brother is a Motorcycle Cop for County Police in Maryland... BTW, being Warden WILL make one MEAN & INTOLERANT of ppl's BS! AND! I have PTSD bad; don't need any "triggers".

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i call my wife the Warden cause iam under her control :dontknow:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
There seems to be a lot of "hit and run" events these days. With the element of surprise the thieves don't seem to care if someone's home. Even those with training will be thrown off guard. All the training one has won't be the same as actual combat.
I think a good dog is better than a good gun. Most will never know if they will fire on an intruder until it happens. Many will hesitate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread