Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: General Pet Peeves

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1225 times
    Prospecting
    Texting at stop lights or worse, in the grocery line, on a phone, having a very public conversation while paying no attention that the check out has been done and we are all waiting for the all important phone call to finish.
    My wife won't go to a grocery store on the day old folks get their SS check. They crowd the isles with carts in the middle, poke around on the electric strollers, and seem to be baffled by a decision making process.High point of their day.
    Before y'all jump my butt realize I'm not young either but I am aware of others and don't wish to be perceived as a nuisance.
    Chop wood..Carry water

us
    Tightwad De Luxe

Apr 2014
    In ur innerwebz
    133 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Perfume you can smell from literally 10 feet away.

And it's on a man.
    Yup...I'm 'that pen person.'

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    1119 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Texting at stop lights or worse, in the grocery line, on a phone, having a very public conversation while paying no attention that the check out has been done and we are all waiting for the all important phone call to finish.
    My wife won't go to a grocery store on the day old folks get their SS check. They crowd the isles with carts in the middle, poke around on the electric strollers, and seem to be baffled by a decision making process.High point of their day.
    Before y'all jump my butt realize I'm not young either but I am aware of others and don't wish to be perceived as a nuisance.
    I don't have a problem with a quick text reply at a red light - so long as you are paying attention to the light. At least the vehicle isn't in motion. Don't make me wake you up with my horn!
    T.C. likes this.

us
    Dec 2007
    CT
    Whites MXT, DetectorPro HH Underwater
    383 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Smokers that think the world is their personal ashtray. Look out the window at any stop sign/light and hundreds of butts lay there. Don't cars come with ashtrays anymore? I don't care if you want to kill yourself with the nasty things, but take care of your butts properly.
    And I spend a lot of time on the road, the texting and driving is way out of control.
    Oldest Coin Finds to Date
    1737-1760 KGII Hibernia Half Cent ('10)
    1787 Fugio Large Cent ('15)
    1869 Two Cent ('09)
    1867-1883 Variety I Sheild Nickel ('09)
    1900 Barber Dime ('13)
    1938 George Washington Quarter ('11)
    1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar ('09)

us
    Mar 2010
    SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
    E Trac AT Pro Nautilus 11Ba MXT M6 6000 DiPro Omega
    71 times
    People who can't park between the lines.
    Yesterday, I pulled in to the left of a car that had parked very far to his left, crowding my spot. I was centered but he was so far over that our cars ended up being very close.
    It was perfect, just as I was going in he was coming out. He asked me to move my car. I told him you should've parked properly, and that there was plenty of room to his right (bushes; he was at the end of the lot). I then told him that I'd be out in a minute or two and walked into the store. Felt so good!
    And yes, he somehow squeezed into his car without bumping into mine.
    Hunter101, T.C., BagLady and 1 others like this.

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    1119 times
    People that walk/drive around blowing enormous clouds from their e-cigarettes, AKA "douche-flutes."

us
    Jan 2011
    Tennessee
    White
    139 times
    People that don't list , where they are from on treasure net.

Mar 2016
    White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
    85 times
    Metal Detecting
    1. People who cannot park within the lines.

Probably could not color within the lines as a kid either.

I had someone do that to me at a gas station, I came outside and they had parked a good 18" over the line, to the point I could not even get into my car, so I opened the door into their car and shouted "OOPS" real loudly.

I am generally forgiving to the elderly who do that, but this was some piece of work who was in too big of hurry to buy their swishers and colt 45.

2. People who tailgate me when I'm already going past the speed limit. Generally when I'm passing a semi. Usually a quick tap of the brakes sets them back. I never actually apply the brakes, just turn the lights on for a brief second.

Highly dangerous to tailgate, and in my state, if you rear-end someone, it's automatically your fault!

3. Semi trailers who do not move over when entering an interstate. I've had some very close calls with death due to this.

4. People who don't get an on-ramp is called an ACCELERATION RAMP. They go 20 miles an hour on the ramp, then floor it on the interstate. You are supposed to be going the speed of the highway or freeway when leaving the ramp.

5. People who once they get done checking out in a line, continue to stand there and have a little chat with the clerk, even when they notice people are waiting behind them.

6. When you are looking at something in a store, and someone gets in front of you, on purpose, to look at it. I usually say really loudly "Oh! I am SO SO Sorry for being in your way!"

7. People who are addicted to lottery tickets. I tell them they would make better returns putting that $20 into the stock market. Almost always met with blank stares.

Usually the lotto-addicts are #5's, and the worst ones will stand there and scratch them, then proceed to turn them in, without getting in line again, when there is already 5 people waiting.

I could go on forever, but I have an outlook on the general populace akin to George Carlin.

A lot of people are extremely rude, unintelligent, manner lacking, selfish wastes of carbon, that would sell their grandmother's soul for a road map of Antarctica.

I worked in retail nearly 5 years. The stories I could tell...

Sep 2013
    New England
    Garrett AT Pro; F75
    568 times
    Yet another OP in "Today' s Finds" who titles the thread " I had a "reale" great day"

us
    Apr 2009
    852 times
    People who lack patience, are always in rush and think the world revolves around them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Escape; Mar 18, 2017 at 06:55 PM.

us
    ARC / Aquaman

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia
    JW 8X - ML X2
    17041 times
    People that stop while walking directly in front of you causing you to almost run into them.

People that do not use turn signals.

People that yell and are loud in a bar.

people that hit the brakes over and over.

People that stop five car lengths... err or even 3 away from the car in front of them OR stoplight etc.

People that have to "back in" to parking spots.

people that talk to you WHILE your talking on a phone or in general.

people tha... BAH.

I could do this all day long...

IN FACT... truth be known... the more people I meet...

The more I love my dogs

:P
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2411 times
    The people who stand in front of you in the very long, very slow fast food line and when they finally get to the front counter take forever to order because they are finally looking at the menu and can't figure out what they want.
    jeff-gordon, AARC, T.C. and 3 others like this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

SITE BRAVO DETAINEE

Dec 2012
    7135 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Detecto View Post
    1. People who cannot park within the lines.

Probably could not color within the lines as a kid either.

I had someone do that to me at a gas station, I came outside and they had parked a good 18" over the line, to the point I could not even get into my car, so I opened the door into their car and shouted "OOPS" real loudly.

I am generally forgiving to the elderly who do that, but this was some piece of work who was in too big of hurry to buy their swishers and colt 45.

2. People who tailgate me when I'm already going past the speed limit. Generally when I'm passing a semi. Usually a quick tap of the brakes sets them back. I never actually apply the brakes, just turn the lights on for a brief second.

Highly dangerous to tailgate, and in my state, if you rear-end someone, it's automatically your fault!

3. Semi trailers who do not move over when entering an interstate. I've had some very close calls with death due to this.

4. People who don't get an on-ramp is called an ACCELERATION RAMP. They go 20 miles an hour on the ramp, then floor it on the interstate. You are supposed to be going the speed of the highway or freeway when leaving the ramp.

5. People who once they get done checking out in a line, continue to stand there and have a little chat with the clerk, even when they notice people are waiting behind them.

6. When you are looking at something in a store, and someone gets in front of you, on purpose, to look at it. I usually say really loudly "Oh! I am SO SO Sorry for being in your way!"

7. People who are addicted to lottery tickets. I tell them they would make better returns putting that $20 into the stock market. Almost always met with blank stares.

Usually the lotto-addicts are #5's, and the worst ones will stand there and scratch them, then proceed to turn them in, without getting in line again, when there is already 5 people waiting.

I could go on forever, but I have an outlook on the general populace akin to George Carlin.

A lot of people are extremely rude, unintelligent, manner lacking, selfish wastes of carbon, that would sell their grandmother's soul for a road map of Antarctica.

I worked in retail nearly 5 years. The stories I could tell...
    get back to us later when you have your full list
    T.C. and ChampFerguson/TN like this.
    FOR THE FINAL TIME- I WILL NOT BE A MODERATOR( stop asking)

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2385 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    hence the reason I don't do buffets
    I am with you there do not go to buffets either. And for the very same reason i do not know what these people have and what they might have touched.
    jeff-gordon likes this.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2385 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Detecto View Post

Well i drove semis for 40 years and still drive part time now and then. And i never move over for a 4 wheeler you can stop and maneuver a lot faster and easier than i can .. And i still will not move over for a 4 wheeler.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links