ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a trip to Romania. The women there appreciate being treated well, are educated, don't mind working hard, don't mind going without things, and are beautiful.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be glad if you are married or not trying to find a woman.

I will be 25 years old soon, and have been single for about 4 months now.

I cannot even comprehend what dating has turned into.

I could write an entire novel on it, but I will sum things up...

1. Social media, and online dating sites, have made men ubiquitous.

Up until 20-25 years ago, most people dated within their town, that is no longer the case.

2. This "abundance" of men have turned women extremely picky.

I can't even call it dating anymore, I'm not even sure there is a word for it in the dictionary.

But girls have huge expectations for you anymore. Highly illogical and unreasonable expectations.

Any fault you have, whether it's a cosmetic issue, money issue, car doesn't cost over $60k issue, etc etc etc.

Does not get overlooked anymore. Because us men are simply one card out of a 10,000 card Rolodex.

You can simply read a lot of online dating profiles to find out the issue:

"I'm looking for Mr. Perfect"

Except to these women, there is no Mr. Perfect, he does not exist. It's Goldilocks and the three bears all over again.

Some of these women have been single for months, even years.

They cannot commit anymore, because all they think anymore is "he's nice, but can I do better?"

I might be 30 before I find someone.

If you don't believe me...there are now articles with evidence that suggests...

..that many women between 20 and 35 will end up dying alone!

That's right! So picky they will go through men like crap through a tin horn, until they die.

Disturbing..

I wondered why you were on the forum so much.

Relax. Do interesting things with new groups/people. It'll happen. Enjoy life in the meantime.
and I don't know you at all so this isn't a slam, but Improve Yourself. Be the best that you can be. It'll help in all aspects in life, especially mating.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax !!! It's not that serious. Stop looking for women on the internet !!! I am 55 and have never been alone since i was 15... and sure wish i was ! Get out in your home town and meet people... real people in real life. Most people wanted to be with a person who was wealthy , or an adonis but in reality they are quite happy with the guy or girl they have now... A lot of women i have talked to put stuff like that in their dating profiles to weed out the guy living in mom's basement , playing video games all day , and hasn't had a job in years. Good luck to ya !

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few things I have noticed now that I am 38 yrs old... When you are in your lower/mid 20s girls are not interested in you for the most part. Why? You are not established. No college girl wants a 24 yr old because you are 'too old' and girls your age or older wanted an established 30 something yr old. Think of it this way, you are like a college/high school freshmen. When you start moving up in your career, making better money, etc. it will be much easier to find a 25 yr old single girl. Heck, if I were you I would focus on my career, do well, and the girls will come to you. Serious girls want to picture you being able to buy them a house, take care of them, etc.

I think you are correct. I plan on going to college this summer to get either a Bachelor's or MBA in business administration.

I still think it's an area thing. I live in Illinois, and most women in my area won't give me the time of day.

My grandparents live in Missouri, and often notice women down there actually start conversations with me.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Meanwhile, join some organizations that do things for other people. Giving is always a good perspective.

Wish I had said that.
Be the kind of person you want to find and volunteering to help others is a fantastic way to find similar folks.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
WOW! So much mis-information here. PM sent to OP.

Rule one: Nice guys finish last. Period.
Rule two: Being a woman's friend is going to get you...nothing but a friend.
Rule three: Confidence. If you don't have it forget it. MOST women do not want to be with someone that has no/low confidence.(this means, regrettably, that you need to change).
Rule four: Ad-libbing the words of a famous warrior, "Know thy opponent". If you don't understand what they want, how can you give it to them(and it is very easy to figure out what they want).
Rule five: In metal detecting terms, There are plenty of unwanted targets in the ground and a few valuable ones. Use the unwanted targets for practice so you can find the valuable ones.
Rule six: Dating is a game and it goes back thousands of years. Master the game and win. Don't accept anything else.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 1978 I was a sophmore taking college ID pictures of freshmen and this girl came through. We married in 1980. Still my best friend after 39 years. :hello2:

Orientation_zpsf7291f1f.jpg

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change your profile statement on the dating sites to the following: To all you gold diggers. If your looking for gold, i may be the man of your dreams. Give me a shout and lets get rich together! Have Detector will travel.

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can have my wife but you have to agree to keep her.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Be glad if you are married or not trying to find a woman.

:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing7::laughing7:

This one line confirms you're not lying. You're single.

But anyway women are not as difficult as you make them out to be. Dating is very simple.

Women want men who act like men and don't put them on a pedestal. Especially these days I hear women complaining how men are so feminine or men who aren't feminine act so clingy.

Really that is it, money, looks, ect is nothing but excuses. Some of the ugliest men I know have beautiful wives. Some of the brokest men I know have women all the time.

Be an independent man with self drive and put your own interests above women you're dating and you'll find a woman.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gsxaddict has it closer than anybody. And stop looking for people on the internet. Get out and put the cell phone down and meet real, live people. A lot of the online stuff is just smoke and mirrors and will disappoint. There are colleges, grad schools, churches, sports groups, all kinds of people. We as a society keep our noses in our cell phones and walk out in traffic only to get get squished by a truck while chasing Pokemon.

Put the computer away. Except for this website of course.

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm 62 and wish I was 25 again sometimes.If you got something interesting going on in your life (treasure hunting?) and are trying to do good in life you shouldn't have any problem.I live in an apartment overlooking the beach and see a few young women out there with metal detectors.A metal detector makes for a good conversation piece and if conditions seem right so does a little jewelry to show 'em.Most women don't ask for much...a job,sobriety((important these days) and an interesting life / background....what's more interesting than treasure hunting? Good luck hunting!

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the online dating briefly, about 15 years ago. Met a lady, dated for a couple weeks and then enlisted in the army(proud infantry vet in case you wondered) and left for basic training. We didn't talk much after that, then I went to Iraq a couple times and life went on, sort of. About 8 years after we stopped dating we e-bumped into each other on bookface and dated for a couple weeks then got married. We are still happily married and have a bunch o' kids. We both agreed in hindsight we never would have worked out earlier in life. My point is that sometimes you have to be single to set your life the way you want it. Build your hobbies, talents, career, practice respect for women like the old timers still do. If you get yourself to a good place in life and meet a nice lady who happens to enjoy who you are as a whole, you'll be ready to make it a commitment. Dating stinks and hurts, so I would suggest making yourself a priority so you don't have to date too long. Of course you'll still get taken advantage of and treated like crap for a while but someday you'll happen upon someone that takes a fancy to your gentlemanly ways and you can trick her into marriage :thumbsup:
Oh I forgot, like everyone says...stay off the computer, there's no ladies there, just us.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marriage is SO overrated. The married guys will tell you how wonderful it is to be married, but don't buy it. Most of my male friends are either divorced or miserable in their marriages.

You don't need to marry someone to spend your life with them. Getting married makes you think you own that person and that's why half of all marriages fail. You tend to treat someone better when they can walk out the door any time they want and start over! Sure keeps me in line...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is some advice.

Date big girls.
They have cute, thin friends who will see you being so nice and sweet, they will think you are a such a nice, sweet guy.

Nevermind, that's horrible advice.....but it's the same advice my Dad gave me in high school.
Took me 20 years to feel what it's like not to slide over to the low side of the bed.
Thanks Dad.:BangHead:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marry a Louisiana country girl that knows how to cook, real down-to-earth and Made in America. [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread