All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank the Lord I am intelligent, good looking, and a "chick magnet." If you are having trouble finding a girlfriend or mate, look in the mirror! If you can't figure it out, stay with hookers. They cost a lot less in the long run! :tongue3:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of people have no business being married. They might be hard to live with, mean or worse, a substance abuser, hard on any kids, or in general a person who needs to live alone.
If your not in that category then maybe marriage could save you from becoming your worse enemy. Guys that live alone often don't do well.
Personally, I would dump any on line detours but that's me. I wouldn't want to fit a graph before I'm "Qualified" to meet anyone. A ?. Do you have a dog? Women seem to trust guys with dogs. Not a Pitty but more like a Retriever.
Most women like (whether they admit it or not) like a guy that's a tad dangerous or a tad on the wild side. A bit unpredictable. When I was young, the thought then was, women wanted the playboy type. Kind of like the original actors that played 007. Not so. It's more like the guy that plays 007 now. A bit rough around the edges. In other words...A guy. Most of us are really more like that. So..Be yourself.
Seems things are often found when one quits looking.

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya a lot of women seem to like the "bad guy".

All the girls I have on facebook from highshool who wanted and got "the bad guy" have been through probably 10 of them in a few short years.

Also a lot of the girls who "Want the bad guy" aren't "wife material".

I don't know too many married couples where the guy is the bad guy.

Seems like it's always rather short lived, maybe not all the time, but for the most part.

I don't really feel like acting like someone I'm not in order to be with someone.

That being said...sometimes I feel like I wish I was born earlier, and was 18 starting in the early 80s.

Dating is just a whole different ball of wax anymore. So many women I meet seem to have huge emotional/mental instability issues.

Prime example..I just went out with a girl last night..to the movies...things went well. Got the "first kiss" and everything.

Then literally 3 minutes later she breaks down crying and admits she just broke up with a guy and wasn't over him yet.

That sure as hell made for an awkward car ride home..

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can be alone without being lonely.
Worst case scenario : date a crackhead,, they don't have expectations or standards. lol

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I've had a girlfriend for about 2 weeks now, but things are turning rocky.

I thought I would be different this time and let her control the pace of the relationship.

While I initiated the "First kiss", everything else (I won't go into detail) was her idea or desire.

So last night I get a text from her "I think we are moving too fast".

What..the..?

However...I spent several hours last night reading about dating for the 18-30 group (which includes me)..whilst recovering from the stomach flu.

Trends seem to suggest most women in my group have a huge fear of commitment, due in part from...

- Their girlfriends; telling them "Don't settle!".

- Disney movies. Laugh all you want, but women have unrealistic expectations about men and relationships, and the science/physiology is there to support this.

- Dating apps and social media have made a huge surplus of men, which have in turn given them the "Grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.

Also a lot (not all, but a lot) of women seem to have mental issues. Anxiety, PTSD, depression, etc.

This may be a rash generalization of women, but it's been my own experience and researching about it on the internet.

This seems to be the current trend:

- "Fool around" from 18 to 30.

THEN worry about marriage.

Thing is..while people are marrying and having kids and a later and later age, most guys don't want a girl who has had 30+ sexual partners.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 1978 I was a sophmore taking college ID pictures of freshmen and this girl came through. We married in 1980. Still my best friend after 39 years. :hello2:

View attachment 1430288

Charlie P. Married a hottie.. [emoji106]🏼

I love success stories; far and few between these days.

Congrats on 39 years!!

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I've had a girlfriend for about 2 weeks now, but things are turning rocky.

I thought I would be different this time and let her control the pace of the relationship.

While I initiated the "First kiss", everything else (I won't go into detail) was her idea or desire.

So last night I get a text from her "I think we are moving too fast".

What..the..?

However...I spent several hours last night reading about dating for the 18-30 group (which includes me)..whilst recovering from the stomach flu.

Trends seem to suggest most women in my group have a huge fear of commitment, due in part from...

- Their girlfriends; telling them "Don't settle!".

- Disney movies. Laugh all you want, but women have unrealistic expectations about men and relationships, and the science/physiology is there to support this.

- Dating apps and social media have made a huge surplus of men, which have in turn given them the "Grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.

Also a lot (not all, but a lot) of women seem to have mental issues. Anxiety, PTSD, depression, etc.

This may be a rash generalization of women, but it's been my own experience and researching about it on the internet.

This seems to be the current trend:

- "Fool around" from 18 to 30.

THEN worry about marriage.

Thing is..while people are marrying and having kids and a later and later age, most guys don't want a girl who has had 30+ sexual partners.

So, did you tell her ok; we can slow down..?

Or, was it.. we are going to fast and I found a new guy kinda thing?

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She just got the stomach flu as well. Kinda feel bad for giving it to her. So I have not talked to her much.

I just cannot comprehend how she set the pace, then wants to "slow down".

You don't floor it in a car and ask the passenger to press the brake...

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is dating that tough today?

Yes...you have no idea..

..before the age of the internet...men and women usually dated in their own town (for the most part).

So with the internet, it's not uncommon to find people dating someone a good hour to two hours today.

But there seems to be a rather odd problem.

Studies have been done, where men have made a fake dating profile of an obese women, with no looks, no personality per her profile, really nothing going for her.

They were shocked to get 50+ replies per day.

Women have a much higher abundance of men wanting them, then women wanting men.

A women who is a "4" can easily obtain men who are a "7"

A man who is a "4", will have trouble retaining 1's and 2's.

(note: not trying to sound misogynistic, just stating a fact).

Also, I think part of the problem is myself, but not in a bad way to myself.

I love of lot of stuff, like going to auctions, metal detecting, wrenching on cars, that most women my age find boring, and would rather post selfies on snapchat or see how many likes they can get on facebook, rather than take interest in me.

My dad was 40 when he had me, I wasn't hugely popular in school, my dad had a lot of older friends, so as a result, I am a bit old fashioned for my age.

But you can't even call it dating anymore, it's basically friends with benefits, because women want the reward of sex, without the work of a relationship.

That is fine for about a week, but never having that feeling of love between two people, creates quite a huge hole in a relationship.

I've been with a lot of women since breaking up in December, but so far NONE want to commit.

They want to play with you for a few days to a week, then move on to the next chap.

I am also a very emotional person, I cannot help it. I have a bad habit of caring too much for people.

Seems like today's women find sensitivity/insecurity a huge turn off. So when you ask them a question like "where do we stand", they think your are being stupid for asking such a question.

The women of yesterday loved being asked "how their day went".

Every girl I have been with, when being posed with the same question, feel like sharing their emotions is alien.

Maybe part of the issue is I keep looking on dating sites, but I have a HUGE fear of rejection...

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bull ****.
Before the days of the "internet" you met girls ...or guys...depending.. at party's, get togethers...bars,,.. super markets... I could not keep women away from me!!
Maybe it's you??
In my younger years I met chicks....needing auto help.
finding their ... well me!
Lost...needin' a ride... daddy issues...
ummmmmmmm

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...you have no idea..

..before the age of the internet...men and women usually dated in their own town (for the most part).

So with the internet, it's not uncommon to find people dating someone a good hour to two hours today.

But there seems to be a rather odd problem.

Studies have been done, where men have made a fake dating profile of an obese women, with no looks, no personality per her profile, really nothing going for her.

They were shocked to get 50+ replies per day.

Women have a much higher abundance of men wanting them, then women wanting men.

A women who is a "4" can easily obtain men who are a "7"

A man who is a "4", will have trouble retaining 1's and 2's.

(note: not trying to sound misogynistic, just stating a fact).

Also, I think part of the problem is myself, but not in a bad way to myself.

I love of lot of stuff, like going to auctions, metal detecting, wrenching on cars, that most women my age find boring, and would rather post selfies on snapchat or see how many likes they can get on facebook, rather than take interest in me.

My dad was 40 when he had me, I wasn't hugely popular in school, my dad had a lot of older friends, so as a result, I am a bit old fashioned for my age.

But you can't even call it dating anymore, it's basically friends with benefits, because women want the reward of sex, without the work of a relationship.

That is fine for about a week, but never having that feeling of love between two people, creates quite a huge hole in a relationship.

I've been with a lot of women since breaking up in December, but so far NONE want to commit.

They want to play with you for a few days to a week, then move on to the next chap.

I am also a very emotional person, I cannot help it. I have a bad habit of caring too much for people.

Seems like today's women find sensitivity/insecurity a huge turn off. So when you ask them a question like "where do we stand", they think your are being stupid for asking such a question.

The women of yesterday loved being asked "how their day went".

Every girl I have been with, when being posed with the same question, feel like sharing their emotions is alien.

Maybe part of the issue is I keep looking on dating sites, but I have a HUGE fear of rejection...

You're making this a full time job; and the more you overthink it the worse it will get.

Go to part time, and have more fun.

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I was 25 again and single. Life is fun when your young and don't have too many responsibilities. I remember when I was 25 well that's almost 20 years ago now but I had a ball. I would go to the bar have a few drinks and almost always take a girl home or to her place. I am not good looking by any means but a few drinks makes the confidence level go up. I also agree that someone said ask 10 girls out for a date. I used to use the same logic, its kind of like metal detecting when asking for permission. If they say no move on to the next one. Well perhaps it may take a few strike outs but you will find one. Also the ones usually at the bar aren't probably the ones you want to take home to meet mom or dad. But who knows who you will meet. Also another suggestion is try a new group out, or activity. When I was 20 I took up ballroom and Latin to learn how to dance. Let me just say women love to dance , and when I was in my early 20's i had a different girl to go out with every day of the week. Okay maybe they were a bit older than I was at the time. If you are just looking to go out and have fun why not?! If you are looking for someone to get married to well stop looking so hard date as many as you can before you realize what you actually want or what you are actually looking for. Perhaps you have some friends that may have a friend that you can double date with. Be persistent but not too persistent as that can be a turn off , you just have to put yourself out there. You never know when you will find ms. Right, well right for you that is. Their are plenty of fish out there. Just open your eyes look around strike up a conversation and go from there! Be glad you are 25 and single with no responsibilities, you can do what you want when you want leave when you want! I am saying this cause I am married And I love her very much but man I miss being young and single sometimes, different girl any day of the week. Yes put down the phone and get out there and do something! Go to the beach do some detecting, maybe she is miss right is already there she needs your help learning her machine! Enjoy it while it lasts cause someday you may be tied down with responsibilities, house kids ect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
OP, after that last post I have two suggestions

1. Harden up. Get used to rejection or forever be a fearfull loser.

2. Date older women. They'll be more likely to appreciate what you bring to the relationship.

And yes, in my experience the longer a woman remains single the more likely she has mental issues. :laughing9:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Women that are single, are single for a reason. I would say quit looking and you will most likely find what your hunting for.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yeah... gotta get out of the I, Me, Mine "mind-set". (Playing & singing) I, ME, MINE song by George Harrison... DIG IT!

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......Went to a singles casual get together a few times and eventually asked a woman out....she said yes !
Now , let me preface this by letting you know I've always had long hair........
On our first date we decided a dinner would be a nice icebreaker . I could tell that she was a very progressive thinker, short hair and big eyes. The woman wore stylish white slacks and a nice , conservative blouse , long sleeves.....she had a thin feminine build.
Toward the end of the meal , I noticed a long black hair on her left thigh......keeping the conversation going , I schemed to remove my wayward strand and while our eyes were still locked . With my trajectory planned ,I deftly grasped the errant hair for disposal.
"OUCH!" She exclamed....."Wad'ya do THAT for!?" Well , totally flummoxed, I said I thought it WAS MINE !
That evening , relaxing at home reflecting on what had transpired , I thought , perhaps it had been a joke gone bad as the hair was about 6" long...but we had another date planned later that week....time would tell .
A couple of days later we met at an ocean pier we both liked . A nice walk and conversation saw us at an upscale restaurant for a relaxing meal . Entering , I took her long Capote wool coat and noticed the interesting patterned, dark colored "nylons" she sported and her lithe , feminine arms were now bare of sleeves......or should I say Bear , as the nylons pattern was actually very long leg hair and from her arms sprouted THICK , long luxurious hair ,suitable for framing !
As the meal progressed we came to the conclusion that our beliefs and plans for the future would not be compatible and at the end of the night I bid her Au Revoir.
Oh yeah , I still think of her from time to time.... on those cold nights . Yea.....

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dunno, EVERYONE seem to have a "fix" with their Tech-phones; PERMANENT head down disease is developing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions