Dating sucks.

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be glad if you are married or not trying to find a woman.

I will be 25 years old soon, and have been single for about 4 months now.

I cannot even comprehend what dating has turned into.

I could write an entire novel on it, but I will sum things up...

1. Social media, and online dating sites, have made men ubiquitous.

Up until 20-25 years ago, most people dated within their town, that is no longer the case.

2. This "abundance" of men have turned women extremely picky.

I can't even call it dating anymore, I'm not even sure there is a word for it in the dictionary.

But girls have huge expectations for you anymore. Highly illogical and unreasonable expectations.

Any fault you have, whether it's a cosmetic issue, money issue, car doesn't cost over $60k issue, etc etc etc.

Does not get overlooked anymore. Because us men are simply one card out of a 10,000 card Rolodex.

You can simply read a lot of online dating profiles to find out the issue:

"I'm looking for Mr. Perfect"

Except to these women, there is no Mr. Perfect, he does not exist. It's Goldilocks and the three bears all over again.

Some of these women have been single for months, even years.

They cannot commit anymore, because all they think anymore is "he's nice, but can I do better?"

I might be 30 before I find someone.

If you don't believe me...there are now articles with evidence that suggests...

..that many women between 20 and 35 will end up dying alone!

That's right! So picky they will go through men like crap through a tin horn, until they die.

Disturbing..

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda like that show "Housewives" of some county. They believe they are exceptional, smart, and good looking. I have yet to see one that would be a "Trophy" wife yet alone someone I would admit being married to. They have all these "High" standards, yet can't recognize how faulty they, themselves, are. "Mr. Perfect" is the guy who will never be home to see who it is they really married. Women looking for "Mr. Perfect" are gold diggers. Men would like a Miss Perfect, but we know they are few are far between so we settle for those with "cute" imperfections because " we are not perfect".

OP
OP
Detecto

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda like that show "Housewives" of some county. They believe they are exceptional, smart, and good looking. I have yet to see one that would be a "Trophy" wife yet alone someone I would admit being married to. They have all these "High" standards, yet can't recognize how faulty they, themselves, are. "Mr. Perfect" is the guy who will never be home to see who it is they really married. Women looking for "Mr. Perfect" are gold diggers. Men would like a Miss Perfect, but we know they are few are far between so we settle for those with "cute" imperfections because " we are not perfect".

Agreed, and I've chatted with some foreign women, they actually act like how American women should act like.

Not saying all American women are like that, and it could be a regional thing.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just kissed my wife [emoji105]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too...... Then she asked, " know what did you do?"

HH, RN

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm one very lucky fella to be married to my wonderful wife. Good luck in your search and always remember that there are honest, sincere women out there along with the gold diggers. Be patient and love will find you once you stop looking so hard. Enjoy the perks of being single while you have them... you'll miss them someday.
HH
dts

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3cylbill, please keep political comments out of forums, thanks....

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha right I'm 30 and and after my last 3 relationships I have pretty much just quit looking. I know the good ones are out there, but seems like I just attract crazy leeches haha.

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my match (at age 45 after several attempts) when I gave up and stopped looking.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently some are refusing to follow rules after warnings...

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You sound slightly desperate for a good relationship. The secret is to not try to find a relationship - just try to make friends with your interest.

Some shopping is better done offline. For some people it's harder to say no when you're face to face.

No does not always mean no. Sometimes it means, no, not right now.

Dating is a numbers game. Ask any woman you are attracted to out for a date, point blank. 10 asks per day and only one says, "Sure"!, means you'll have at least 5 dates with women you are attracted to by the weekend - create your own buffet, son!

Laughing = Laid Make them laugh... but not laughing at you.

If you lack confidence, act! Compensate by acting overconfident and cocky for awhile. You'll eventually find the correct balance.

Many pointers can be given but this is a good basic start.

I could (and have several times before marriage) take his methods and leave the bars with a woman under each arm by closing time....20 years ago.

Put yourself in control. You're the man - play the part!

Best of luck....actually you won't need luck if you practice the basic advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A few things I have noticed now that I am 38 yrs old... When you are in your lower/mid 20s girls are not interested in you for the most part. Why? You are not established. No college girl wants a 24 yr old because you are 'too old' and girls your age or older wanted an established 30 something yr old. Think of it this way, you are like a college/high school freshmen. When you start moving up in your career, making better money, etc. it will be much easier to find a 25 yr old single girl. Heck, if I were you I would focus on my career, do well, and the girls will come to you. Serious girls want to picture you being able to buy them a house, take care of them, etc.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are expensive in the long run. You may want to consider a rental.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Women regardless of age looking for Mr. Perfect will most likely die alone and single, for there is No Mr. Perfect. On the same note, there is No Miss Perfect neither. There is only one Perfect, and they do not reside here on earth.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any "ladies" that think like that are actually ripe for exploitation by guys like Deft Tones' buddy. Unless you're into that game, forget them. You could practice on them, but it won't actually do you much good, and may harm your chances with real women. It's actually a dead end.

That said, be yourself. Oh, you can improve your social skills and bathe more often, but you are the best at being you. Remember, you're looking for compatibility, not a trophy that will find someone better for her when she finds out you're not who you tell her you are.

Don't expect results in a week. It ain't gonna happen.

Meanwhile, join some organizations that do things for other people. Giving is always a good perspective.

Relax.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts edited. Reminder we are a family friendly forum, please remember this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions