Ancient History, I'm facinated by it. Did you know that Ancient Rome used cement?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I don't have to file income tax anymore, SSN buys my bread, when I'm not thinking about treasure, I study history, always have.

The discovery of Göbekli Tepe in Turkey a few years ago, one source dating it as much as 21000 years ago, but most date it to about 11,000 years ago.

Study of Sumerian history, Egyptian history, and then the discovery of that sunken city off the coasts of India and Pakistan, dating about 11,000 years ago.

And there's much more. We folks walking this Earth today have no real idea of what came before. 11,000 years is around the estimate of the end of the Flood.

And then there's also the filling up the Black Sea with salt water where it was a fresh water sea/lake. There's been traces of civilization found at the bottom.

None of this stuff makes Earth shaking news. But, it is here with us.

Incidentally, the Ice Age ended about 11,000 BC = at the end a 400 foot rise in the water levels of the oceans.

Any body else here fascinated by this stuff?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey my friend, been very interested in this since college. Then came Erich von Däniken's book, Late Great Planet Earth, and here I am still watching plenty Youtube videos, among favorites, Graham Hancock, and the endless others.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always been fascinated by history both mans and the earths. I could spend hours looking at this stuff......

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a good starting point, specifically the flood

Short video, just over 9 minutes.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Then there is this one:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to explore the entire world under the sea......Oh the things it could bring light to in our perception of reality.....

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I wish we would find the hidden key to suddenly understand all things and know all things.....but then where would exploration and living be?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There are other outspoken researchers, but Graham Hancock is all over Youtube, and in my opinion the best.

Did you know that there's speculation that a comet struck Great Britain in 562 AD? It was documented in Sweden passing over. And on the shores of Normandy it was documented by many witnessing the fire that burned for 11 days.

There was no Norman Conquest, they just walked in and took it after the fires burned out.

They don't teach us this in school.

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
School can't even get the most current history right I would hate for them to attempt ancient history.....:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Sometimes I wish we would find the hidden key to suddenly understand all things and know all things.....but then where would exploration and living be?
Sounds like the Beatles' song, THE INNER LIGHT, written by George Harrison; COSMIC! LOVE IT!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I don't have to file income tax anymore, SSN buys my bread, when I'm not thinking about treasure, I study history, always have.

The discovery of Göbekli Tepe in Turkey a few years ago, one source dating it as much as 21000 years ago, but most date it to about 11,000 years ago.

Study of Sumerian history, Egyptian history, and then the discovery of that sunken city off the coasts of India and Pakistan, dating about 11,000 years ago.

And there's much more. We folks walking this Earth today have no real idea of what came before. 11,000 years is around the estimate of the end of the Flood.

And then there's also the filling up the Black Sea with salt water where it was a fresh water sea/lake. There's been traces of civilization found at the bottom.

None of this stuff makes Earth shaking news. But, it is here with us.

Incidentally, the Ice Age ended about 11,000 BC = at the end a 400 foot rise in the water levels of the oceans.

Any body else here fascinated by this stuff?

FYI, if you go over $25,000 single or $32,000 a year married filing jointly combined income including social security you still have to file income tax, up to 85% of social security becomes taxable when you cross the magic line. Suuuucks!

"When 1/2 of your Social Security Benefit plus all of your other income (including tax-exempt interest) is more than $25,000, Single, or $32,000, Married Filing Jointly, then up to 85% of your benefit becomes taxable. "

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TH, I'm okay on that. My tax paperwork are at my accountants, good people. She called and said that I do not have to file.

The Alan Hassell video is really quite entertaining if you get the time to play it. Lot's of humorous anecdotes.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "underwater rivers" got me thinking. Is this where they generally try dredging for gold? This spot off California for instance. Wouldn't gold collect in these canyons when the water was lower?

2017-03-27.png

2017-03-27 (1).png

They even call it a canyon on the chart. Sure gets deep fast here!

2017-03-27 (2).png

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The "underwater rivers" got me thinking. Is this where they generally try dredging for gold? This spot off California for instance. Wouldn't gold collect in these canyons when the water was lower?

Makes really good sense to me. It'd be deep though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread