Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Lets Write An Original Treaure Hunting Story

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2016
    333 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As Pete glanced into the sky something caught his eye. "What in the Minelab is that?" Just as he spoke he heard....."Peeeeete". It was a parachute and it was being pushed around with the start of the storm. As the ever closing storm was lighting up the sky Pete could see the parachute falling closer to what appeared to be trees in the near distance and something spoke to him....not like a voice but something from deep inside. As one more big flash of lighting lit up the sky and the parachute disappeared into the tree line the words just came out...."Gabby!"
    Pete looked at the Pilot and said..."You have to get me a shore right now!"
    The Pilot put his head down and Pete knew something was off. "What's going on" Pete said. The pilot all slumped over told Pete something that would change his life forever. "I'm not a pilot and I cannot read these instruments to save my life and that's not Oak Island!" Pete almost fell over. "What would Indiana Jones do in a time like this?" Pete thought....then Pete saw the inflatable raft.....and without hesitation he said "I hope you can row better than flying that plane because we have to save Gabby." With the storm closing in and before Pete could think....he and his metal detector were paddling away in small inflatable with a pretend pilot looking for a girl on a island in the middle of nowhere. Just as Pete was going over his circumstances in his head he heard a loud thud......as he looked over the side of the inflatable.......

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    Greensboro NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Tejon and Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer Have owned Minlab E-trac, BH-505 Whites 6000 Di Garrett ADS 2,3 and 7
    1095 times
    He saw what looked like a large pole reaching up from the depths of the water. The raft had hung up on something.” Not again,” Pete mumbled. Bad luck just seemed to compound by the second. With a swift push of the paddle, Pete connected with the pole and lifted the inflatable off the pole setting it free. He then focused back on Gabby and the situation she was in.

Back when they first met she would come to the grave yard where he worked to visit her departed husband. She would cry for what he would call an eternity only to leave and do it all over again the next week. Eventually visits became shorter and the tears were replaced with little blurbs about her day and soon after that the visits dropped to around once a month.

The first time Pete saw her outside of the Grave yard was at Food lion. He had gone to pick up some Captain Crunch for his dinner and bumped into her in the dairy section. She was dressed professional with a pressed white blouse and blue skirt that draped just below the knees and her shoes had just enough lift to give an extra inch of height but allow confidence in her stance. He saw her as classy but not sassy and was impressed to see a woman of her class hold a gallon of whole milk without guilt.

That was before she gave up her executive position with a national marketing firm to pursue treasure hunting full time.
    A yard a day keeps the blues away!

Jul 2016
    333 times
    And led her to take a job with Garrett which led her helping Pete find the perfect metal detector. But how and why is she here now? Pete thought, as the inflatable reached the shoreline of the strange new island.
    Once ashore Pete quickly tied off the inflatable and the storm began to intensify. "We had better find some shelter, this storm is gonna be a doozy." The pilot had said to Pete just as an opening in the tree light was lit up from the ever closing lightening. "Over here" Pete yelled out. As the two ran up to the opening Pete reached into his Garret carrying case and pulled out his waterproof flashlight that Gabby had told him was a must for any true relic hunter. With the click of a button the flashlight shined into a opening of dark and desolate wilderness. Pete looked over at Pilot and he shrugged his shoulders as the two entered the woods. About three steps in Pete heard a yell......"HELP!"

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    Greensboro NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Tejon and Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer Have owned Minlab E-trac, BH-505 Whites 6000 Di Garrett ADS 2,3 and 7
    1095 times
    Pete stopped and held his right hand up. “Don’t move” Pete whispered. “We have to ask for permission to enter.”

“Say what?” Pilot retorted.

Pete lowered his hand and got down on one knee. He then put his thumb to his nose and forehead before making the sign of the cross. This was something he always did before entering a forest or jungle or natural setting that people had no business being around. It’s not that he was particularly religious or superstitious but after working in a grave yard for several years, he saw things that could not be explained. He heard things that forced him to look at the world in a different light. Were they figments of his imagination? Maybe, but Pete was not a gambling man. He would cover his bases as he saw fit. He would throw salt over his shoulder as needed and even visit the occasional priest, or witch doctor or whoever was more convenient...
    Last edited by Ammoman; Jul 15, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    A yard a day keeps the blues away!

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2199 times
    Metal Detecting
    A stiff breeze blew a Rosary into Pete's hand.

Permission granted.

Pete noticed that the Rosary was heavy, very heavy. How could he have missed this. It was 18k gold. This was important. What direction did it come from? The SE.

"We need to go this way and quickly." Pete plunged into the jungle without waiting to see if the pilot waa following.

Jun 2007
    8426 times
    Then a shot rang out...
    4x4x4, Mzjavert and releventchair like this.

Jul 2016
    333 times
    Pete froze in his tracks....the woods were dead silent.....then the loud Crack of Thunder and then the trees began to sway and cool rain could be felt on Petes face. It was usless, Pete could not hear anything as the storm was now hitting with full force and Pete realized he was a sitting duck. Pete began to rationalize his options in his head when his light caught something. Hanging down from a tree directly in front of him was a parachute. "Gabby" Pete thought. Pete ran directly for the Parachute and about the third step in his stomach went to a familiar feeling.....that feeling of butterflies and puke all in one step as the parachute and trees disappeared in a blink of an eye.
    Pete awoke with the cool sensation of a light sprinkle of cool mist on his face. As he sat up he could feel a cool, musty breeze blowing across him. Pete shook his head from side to side to get rid of the cobwebs on him and in his head. "Everything seems to be working" Pete thought. Beside him lay his trusty flashlight and backpack. (His AT PRO looked brand new inside his pack.) Shinning the light around Pete realized he had fallen into an underground tunneling system and directly in front of him was a divide...."Now which way?" Pete thought.

Jun 2007
    8426 times
    SUDDENLY, another shot rang out... a "voice" said, "When you come to a fork in the "road", take it! Taking the "fork"; WHERE'S da KNIFE!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jul 27, 2017 at 07:05 AM.
    releventchair likes this.

Jul 2016
    333 times
    Pete thought....."I must of hit my head harder than I thought".

Rebel - KGC and releventchair like this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    7550 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Clicking on his flashlight, waving the beam back and forth, noticing debris on the floor of one tunnel and not on the other, he weighed his options.
    Suddenly a cold chill brushed his back like a lover's caress.
    "Meat"!
    releventchair and Mzjavert like this.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3595 times
    Quickly, spinning around only to be nose to nose with a .......... Grey Alien?
    Last edited by Nitric; Aug 01, 2017 at 07:34 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2017
    Southern California, outside of San Diego
    1103 times
    ....well , actually 50 shades of grey alien....
    "GIVE ME ANALOG , OR GIVE ME DEATH"

... Walks on flaming Pop tarts ...

Jul 2016
    333 times
    Pete took several steps back when his eyes refocused......it was Gabby wearing an oxygen mask! "Gabby!" Pete screamed......and before he knew it just slipped out....."Why didn't you show me a CTX 3030!"

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    10651 times
    Pete's flashlight was doing an involuntary wiggle pattern of light on the grey face.
    " Get that out of my eyes!"
    Pete's teeth were starting to slow their chatter ,and his heart slowing from it's record high staccato already as he leaned daringly a whole couple inches toward the dusty face for a closer look. Yes it was Gabby. But not as he remembered her.
    " You have bigger problems than a CTX is going to fix."
    Last edited by releventchair; Aug 03, 2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Rebel - KGC and Mzjavert like this.

Jul 2016
    333 times
    Pete couldn't argue with her on that point. "What in the ATP are you doing here he asked?"
    "Why the same as you Pete. I'm no slouch....I knew from the moment you walked into our store that you wanted a detector because you already knew of a lost treasure somewhere."
    Pete raised one eyebrow and chuckled....
    Gabby continued before Pete could speak. "I've been following you since the moment you left the store. So where is it?"
    " Where's what" replied Pete..
    "The treasure on this island of course!"
    Pete stood there for a akward moment and said......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links