Let's Write An Original Treaure Hunting Story

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete froze in his tracks....the woods were dead silent.....then the loud Crack of Thunder and then the trees began to sway and cool rain could be felt on Petes face. It was usless, Pete could not hear anything as the storm was now hitting with full force and Pete realized he was a sitting duck. Pete began to rationalize his options in his head when his light caught something. Hanging down from a tree directly in front of him was a parachute. "Gabby" Pete thought. Pete ran directly for the Parachute and about the third step in his stomach went to a familiar feeling.....that feeling of butterflies and puke all in one step as the parachute and trees disappeared in a blink of an eye.
Pete awoke with the cool sensation of a light sprinkle of cool mist on his face. As he sat up he could feel a cool, musty breeze blowing across him. Pete shook his head from side to side to get rid of the cobwebs on him and in his head. "Everything seems to be working" Pete thought. Beside him lay his trusty flashlight and backpack. (His AT PRO looked brand new inside his pack.) Shinning the light around Pete realized he had fallen into an underground tunneling system and directly in front of him was a divide...."Now which way?" Pete thought.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SUDDENLY, another shot rang out... a "voice" said, "When you come to a fork in the "road", take it! Taking the "fork"; WHERE'S da KNIFE!

Last edited:

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete thought....."I must of hit my head harder than I thought".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Clicking on his flashlight, waving the beam back and forth, noticing debris on the floor of one tunnel and not on the other, he weighed his options.
Suddenly a cold chill brushed his back like a lover's caress.
"Meat"!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quickly, spinning around only to be nose to nose with a .......... Grey Alien?

Last edited:

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete took several steps back when his eyes refocused......it was Gabby wearing an oxygen mask! "Gabby!" Pete screamed......and before he knew it just slipped out....."Why didn't you show me a CTX 3030!"

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pete's flashlight was doing an involuntary wiggle pattern of light on the grey face.
" Get that out of my eyes!"
Pete's teeth were starting to slow their chatter ,and his heart slowing from it's record high staccato already as he leaned daringly a whole couple inches toward the dusty face for a closer look. Yes it was Gabby. But not as he remembered her.
" You have bigger problems than a CTX is going to fix."

Last edited:

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete couldn't argue with her on that point. "What in the ATP are you doing here he asked?"
"Why the same as you Pete. I'm no slouch....I knew from the moment you walked into our store that you wanted a detector because you already knew of a lost treasure somewhere."
Pete raised one eyebrow and chuckled....
Gabby continued before Pete could speak. "I've been following you since the moment you left the store. So where is it?"
" Where's what" replied Pete..
"The treasure on this island of course!"
Pete stood there for a akward moment and said......

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There's no treasure here! I came here to look for pulltabs and nails!!"

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
An ISLAND...? Where is Chief Jesse Stone...? Meanwhile, a Lighthouse in the background is...

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Etched on one of the tunnel walls and Gabby noticed it first. "Now why would someone take the time to draw an old lighthouse down here on these walls?" Pete had to scratch his head a little on that.
"Maybe, someone that is hiding something......like treasure!" Just as the word Treasure came out of Gabby's mouth Pete noticed a small x marked on the drawing....."Treasure" came out of Petes mouth before he even realized he had spoke. Gabby looking closer at the drawing was focusing here eyes on the same X just as she heard those infamous words come from Pete.....and she knew that that X meant one thing.......Treasure!!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pete was not just sneaky. He had a memory that could replay anything he had ever heard since a couple years of age.
Breaking into a pantomime he tottered around the tunnel while Gabby remembering part of a t.v. show in her youth too joined in ,interrupted by premature laughter as if the treasure was already in hand.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Etched on one of the tunnel walls and Gabby noticed it first. "Now why would someone take the time to draw an old lighthouse down here on these walls?" Pete had to scratch his head a little on that.
"Maybe, someone that is hiding something......like treasure!" Just as the word Treasure came out of Gabby's mouth Pete noticed a small x marked on the drawing....."Treasure" came out of Petes mouth before he even realized he had spoke. Gabby looking closer at the drawing was focusing here eyes on the same X just as she heard those infamous words come from Pete.....and she knew that that X meant one thing.......Treasure!!!!

Gabby saw what appeared to be writing on a stalagmite.
"Pete", she stated, "shine your light over there".
"Look, there is writing. It may lead to the treasure".
Pete and Gabby began reading the message, written on stalagmites and stalactites that led them further into the cave.

"If it is treasure that you seek
Stay brave, don't be weak
You will get what you crave
But first you need a BURMA SHAVE"

Pete felt something move under his feet, and both heard a mechanical click of long dormant gears slowly turning.
"GET DOWN", he yelled, as a whooshing sound filled the cavern from above.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost like "the pit and pendulum" , a great straight razor swiped to and fro through a length of the cavern.
At one end of the swing a great rope was scored each trip...
Pressed against a wall the duo searched with their eyes following the once again shaking flash lite's beam trying to see where the rope led.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The beam of Pete's flashlight followed the rope as it descended deeper into the caverns inky black regions.
"You still want to continue, Gabby? There may be more traps ahead"
"You're darn tootin'" was her reply.

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sneaky Pete grabbed an inflatable matress, punched the auto inflation button, and squeezed Gabby. "Lets go," and jumped.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The inflatable mattress took Pete and Gabby on an express Nantucket sleigh ride to the bowel of the cavern.
They hit the bottom with a thud, knocking their wind out, sending both in opposite directions.
Gabby was the first to recover from the torturous ride and crash, pulled out a glow stick, cracking it, and waving it in a semi-circle in front of her.
She head Pete moan, but just stood, staring at what filled this cavern, almost unbelieving her own eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread