All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In the distance of the cavern, the feint glow from a lantern permeated the darkness.
Silently, Pete and Gabby crept forward, the glow growing larger with each footstep.
The began to hear the strumming of an acoustic guitar as the cave passage open into a large cavern cathedral, the guitar echoing off the stalagmites and stalactites creating a carillon accompaniment.
Looking up from his J-160 Gibson guitar, the white haired man smiled a greeting.
"Just in time for p-nut butter banana sandwiches on white Wonder bread".

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pete realized he hadn't eaten in three days and he was ravenous. "We'd be delighted to have lunch with you."

A dozen peanut butter banana on fresh white Wonder Bread later, Sneaky Pete whispered to Gabby, "I think that is John Lennon." To which Gabby replied, "No, he's Elvis with Lennon's 2 million $ Gibson J-160."

The old man iinterrupted, "I suppose you want to know why I faked my death."

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Before he could share his tale with Pete and Gabby, another emerged from the back of the cave.
"Just call me Jimbo", he announced.
"What were you doing back there in, in", Elvis hesitated, " the vault room"?
" Well you know its gets cold back there", he stated pointing with a backward thumb," I was lighting my fire".
Pete looked at Gabby, and whispered, " These people are strange".

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
"Strange?" Said Elvis . " You just ate a dozen nannar an peanut butter samwiches with nothin to wash em down.
What in tarnation brings you here without a proper lunch anyways?"

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Looking for treasure" Pete answered much too quickly.
"Well thank you, thank you very much for that answer", Elvis replied, and continued," You know one man's trash is another man's treasure, and not everything is a hunka, hunka gold".

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
" Jimbo!" The king barked, " break on through to the other side and bring the ol man in here."
" Quit yellin" Jim yelled back. " I ain't a dog without a home ".

" You two better set down for this " Elvis said as Jim wheeled a small chest in on a dolly ,then hefted it up on the table before fitting a key from around his neck to the lock.
A rattle and a creak and the chest was opened.
Donning white gloves Elvis gently lifted the mysterious relic out and placed it on a clean piece of Irish linen.
" Can you believe anyone would just discard such beauty?" He asked but was met with stunned silence as all just stared wide eyed.

Gabby thought for an instant of her camera ,but like Pete was too transfixed to move.

An hour later they had regained enough composure to babble ,then speak as Gabby after asking permission and proving her camera gps was off took a money shot....

60c3800eeb8449271273da796951ac29--beer-bottle-caps-beer-caps.jpg

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Gabby looked around the cavern, and sitting on a table that had to be purchased from a Salvation Army store, was a small bottle marked "Love Potion #9".
Gabby picked it up , handed it to Pete, who pulled the cork and took a sip.
Suddenly Pete could not tell if it was day or night, started kissing everything in sight, but when he approached Elvis, the king did his trademark kung fu moves and broke that little bottle of "Love Potion #9".
All the while Jimbo watch in sheer amusement and exclaimed, "When the music's over, turn out the lights"!
Elvis, just shook his head and quipped, "Hadn't had that spirit since 1969".

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Gabby turned to Elvis, remembering what he said earlier, and asked, " Why did you fake your death"?
Picking up the badge that Nixon had given him, slowly polishing it upon a sequined sleeve of his white jumpsuit, he began, " Well you know you can only shoot so many TV sets with a chrome plated 44 magnum until it becomes a mundane routine ...".

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can check out any time you want....but you can never leave.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the near darkness a soft voice chimed in the conversation, you say you can only shoot so many tv sets with a chrome plated 44 magnum? They whirled to the strangers voice, and out of the darkness appeared....Captain Kirk....with his phaser leveled at them all.

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Behind Captain Kirk, five burly, fresh out of the academy, red-shirted security guards. They also had their phasers drawn.

Gabby rolled her eyes. "Wonderful, another weak Star Trek time traveling episode."

Before anyone could respond, Sneaky Pete spotted a solid gold Viking shield, he grabbed it and one of the red-shirts fired.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The phaser's beam bounced off the gold shield and straight into Captain Kirks eyes...luckily, phaser was on stun and Kirk simply took a ten minute nap. When he stirred, Elvis asked...what brings you here..James T. Kirk...captain of the starship Enterprise? Well...treasure..of course! Why are ANY of us here!? And by the way King...lay off those pnut butter sammiches, you don't look so hot 15 years from now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread