Im Rich, Im Rich!!!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mar 2006
    Central SC
    Old Garrett Deep Seeker
    17 times

I'm Rich, I'm Rich!!!!

Just received the following email!!!

Imagine 30% of 14.7 LARGE! I can retire, and travel and have fun!!!

Dear Sir/madam,

I am a staff of one of the leading banks in South Africa I am writing
    asking for your indulgence in re-profiling funds, which we want to keep
    under your supervision.

The Funds totaling ($14,700,000) I am only
    contacting you as a foreigner because this fund cannot be approved to a
    local Bank here in South Africa, because the funds are in US Dollars and
    the owner of this account is Mr. Morris Thompson from America, and he died
    since 2000 in an air crash along with his wife & Daughter on 31/01/2000 in
    an Alaska Airlines Flight 261 with other passengers on board.

You can confirm from this

websitehttp://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list/

Please, I am proposing 30% for you for your assistance while my colleagues
    and I receive 60% and 10% earmarked for purposes of taxation in your
    country and mine. Please if you are interested kindly forward to me the
    following informationís stated below:

(1) Your direct telephone number
    (2) Your direct fax number
    (3) Your Full Names
    (4) Your age
    (5) Your Country of Origin
    (6) Your Residential Address

All that is require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see
    this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under
    legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Your reply should indicate your willingness in assisting us. And I will
    send you all the detailed infomations and documents that you will need to
    process an application for the claims of the funds.

I look forward towards a good business relationship with you.

Regards.

Mr. Thato Williams

Anyone want to have fun baiting the mugu?

Pax Christi
    Rev. Joel+

Jan 2007
    Houston,TX
    Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
    8 times

Re: I'm Rich, I'm Rich!!!!

I have gotten a few of these kind of emails.

What I do is email them in return and tell them just make out a check for the amount of 10% of the total to ( my name ) and you can keep the rest. When you email me in return with a notice that you have the check made out, I will send you my mailing address, so you can send the check to me..

Feb 2004
    13 times

Hey, Rich!

I am Eric.
    I am looking for Pandora's Box. I have got to see what is inside.

Proud to be Rogue.

Expedition Central America: T minus 2 months and counting!

This time with Satellite Internet connection!

Jun 2007
    Weymouth Mass
    Whites M6
    1 times

Thanks for sharing. It is amazing how many people DO respond to things like this and give up their valuable information. I smell a skunk. Let's burry this one well below MD range.
    HH Roy

Feb 2006
    Deep in the Ozark Mountains
    Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
    69 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Sounds like a good one for Dateline.

Mar 2006
    Central SC
    Old Garrett Deep Seeker
    17 times

I keep saved, a single sheet with the numbers "419" at an 18 pitch in bright red running from top to bottom and margin to margin. Example:

I scan this in and email it back to the bozos.
    Pax Christi
    Rev. Joel+

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    132 times

Some people like to make these scammers jump through hoops, its pretty funny. One guys got a couple of the south african scammers to do Monte Python's "dead parrot sketch" and send him the video, anything for entertainment, I guess.

Jul 2006
    Coventry, RI
    Excal
    9 times

I had one of these scams come across my desk about 2 months ago. I opened my mail and saw a check for 38K (and a little change). the check looked real. I called up the bank (in upstate New York) and asked them if the account number was valid - it was. Then I asked if there was enough to cover the 38K check - again there was.

So,.. I did a quick internet search on the company, and got their information online. I called up and asked to speak to their billing dept, or manager. I got the owner's wife. I explained that I was an attorney in RI, and that I received a check from their company in excess of $38,000. she said "that's impossible. I write all the checks and I have never written one that large".

I ended up faxing a copy of the check to them, and they said that it was one of their "older" checks. So... someone got a hold of one of their checks, had new ones made up with VALID account information and was pawning them off as real.

steve

Apr 2007
    Mankato, MN
    Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
    84 times
    Banner Finds (3)

There is a 419 site http://www.419eater.com that has lots of stories about the things this group got the scammers to do. One even got them to carve little computers out of wood. It is a good site to visit for a real good laugh.

A word of caution though. You can get caught in a legal trap sometimes if you try to mess with them. You will do something that causes you to assume some liability to pay and it is enforceable in the US. You have to really know the law and what you can or cannot do or say to stay out of trouble. Unless you know exactly what you can do, just trash the message. Read the 419 Scam site, they have a good section on this.

The newer scam letters have a twist. They say they are wanting to use their money to help people and want you to be the person handling the money. They may say they will keep 50%, you get 40%, and you have to donate 10% to the charities they select. Sounds good but let's say it is $1,000,000 they are talking about. If you agree to help and state you will do this in an email, if they have structured the scam correct and you say the right things in your email, you become legally liable to donate $100,000 to the charity of their choice. Guess who owns this charity? They do. You have just agreed and are now legally obligated to pay them $100,000. It is enforceable in the US and they will come after you for their money. Our legal system has some quirks and they have evidently found a crack. It's just not worth the risk.

Have your fun MD and don't get suckered in this new type scam.

Daryl
    The only way to really understand something is to play with it.

us
    Jan 2007
    Nebraska
    Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
    4 times

A word of caution...IF you do fall for this trap, be prepared to spend time in prison or be in financial ruin.

They give you a bogus check to cash and you can keep a percentage. The check is forged (as stated by Spez).
    Now when you cash the bogus check, you in fact are presenting the check to the bank (not the scammers). As it gets more complex, since you cashed the check you become responsible for the amount and could face prison.

We had a guy do just this, his downfall was the 1st bank told him it was bogus and they would not honor it. He then went to another bank and cashed it. He is now in prison.

The easiest way to put it, if it sounds too good to be true...it's most likely illegal and your going to end up on the short end.
    Member of the "Rowdy Bunch"...CTH 2007...Iron Removal Technician

Jan 2007
    Heavener oklahoma
    fisher gold bug2
    5 times

I wonder if I used my ( drop out of sight I.Ds and addresses ) I could scam them. They would be going after a fictious person that does not really exist
    if you like what you are getting, keep doing what you are doing!!
    Life Member Viet Nam Veterans of America.
    N.R.A. Member
    GPAA Member

Apr 2007
    Mankato, MN
    Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
    84 times
    Banner Finds (3)

You leave an electronic trail no matter what you do. IPs are getting easier to trace and hiding is harder since 9/11. We don't hear much about it but the government does.

It's tempting to want to mess with them but the risks now are pretty high. They have gotten more sophisticated in their scams and have figured out more loopholes in our laws.

I tried it for awhile but got scared off by the possibility that I could be liable for some promised donation to them.

My advice - Delete, Delete, Delete.

Daryl
    The only way to really understand something is to play with it.

us
    Jun 2006
    California
    Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
    7 times

had at lease three of those.listed an item for sale on gragslist and had a response like that too

sample:
    "I am intrested in buying your fishing stuff...however I live in England and have a friend that owes me money where you are.He can issue you a check for $3.000 if you can cash it, keep what is yours+ an extra hundred dollars and send me the rest. "

Now... how stupid do you really think we are?

Jun 2007
    Treasure baron with Goldtrax
    3 times

I' m strike it rich could we be related
    Silver is Nice
    But Gold Is Better

copyright strike it rich 2007

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    21 times

I like to respond to their questions with gibberish, and then throw in a few numbers and symbols to keep them guessing.

Funny thing is, one time, I got a response back addressed to Mr. Nehoso4trem Blat@Kula asking for more information.
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links