ARRRGGG ! ! ! Mosquitoes SUCK ! ! ! who else is fighting them and how ?

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
The only good one.......... giphy.gif ..........is a dead one!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop using deodorant and perfumes. Go all Natural and be amazed!
So true! I was told to stay away from blue colors?!?! Jury's still out on that one. A day or two before you're going out eat 1/2 clove of garlic with breakfast & the same for dinner. I eat tons of garlic for other things so it's already done for me. Was fishing with a friend one time. He was between me and some lights, and I could see a THICK cloud of skeeters around him. We get back to the house and he's covered with bites from head to toe. He can't figure out why I didn't have a single bite. Clued him in. Didn't discover mistake #2 until the next day when we were going out, he must've taken a bath in Brute cologne!!!! Made him go back & shower and called through the door, Hey! There's a sasquatch at the front door with a bouquet of flowers asking for you!!! He never lived that one down.
Seriously though! eat some garlic before you go and see the difference without slathering a bunch of poison on yourself. Works for dogs too! Mine never get fleas or ticks. The vets will tell you NOOOOOO!!! But they would rather make the money feeding you dog poison. Think I'm kidding? Pay close attention to the commercials for flea chews, collars, etc.!!!! ALL the side effects are classic symptoms of poisoning! Why would anyone want to purposely poison their dog when you can give them something non lethal?!?!??

Oh! Hint on the mosquito zapper lights. Put them on the other side of the yard away from where you're at. Think, you're attracting them all towards you & only getting a few. So draw em to the other side of the yard. Only took me about 10 years to finger this out!

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I'm living in the Pennsylvania Wilds, I have learned a lot about spraying or paying. I guarantee you, these Skeeters out here use big needles to siphon off your blood. Once you have been bit by one of these female suckodaurusses,, the only thing that seems to ease the pain, itch, and helps with healing is a good smear of Neosporin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread