Do you think we 'in America' live in Violent times.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will leave thread for now and monitor it but please be careful, if it turns political it will have to be closed. This is the type of thread that performs better in our politics forum.

Sorry I forgot about this thread, I was just amazed by the stats that In 'Chicago' & a few other cities is getting all this attention like it's the end of the world (Especially Chicago) but these Homicide Rates are near or equal to what they were in Chicago from the late 1960's though to about 1994, & will also bet now there are more people saved by Great EMT's , DR's with better technology that most likely would have died in the 1970-1990.

People say "Man it's dangerous out there" but in reality (going by FBI Stats) I was much more dangerous in the past in most good-size City's in America . NYC Is a great example of lower Homicide rates Now compared to 2 Decades ago.
Why in NYC , Nicer people?, Gun Laws/ Sentencing or is it So corrupt that , most everybody in high places be it White Collar or Mafia type groups control the City & they know Homicide is bad for Business ? so when it's gangsta vs gangsta it goes under-reported???
Just my crazy Thinking.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else noticed that school shootings have basically stopped since trump was elected?

Don't keep track of them , but that's a good thing.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a gangster who ruled Chicago with an iron fist. Anyone who dared to encroach on his illegal activities was shot. Lots of innocent bystanders were also killed, including women and children. That guy's name was Al Capone. The feds declared war and peace was restored.
Why isn't the same approach being applied today?

IMO
In Chicago ..Everybody is doing their own thing.
'It's all about Me or our Gang/ Click.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Negativland sums it up nicely on their Guns album. It only has two tracks. Then, and Now.

Then-

Now-

The way guns are portrayed in movies and the media has changed a part of our culture's perception of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Negativland sums it up nicely on their Guns album. It only has two tracks. Then, and Now.

Then-

Now-

The way guns are portrayed in movies and the media has changed a part of our culture's perception of them.

Ill take the 'Burnett' on my team . lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread