Sob Story (ranting)

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured there's probably a few on here that can relate to what I'm going through and I don't really have other hobbys so... bout them doctors. They are in the same class as lawyers and politicians as far as I'm concerned. I'm fairly young (27) and my health has been getting worse steadily since 23 and recently it's gotten to the point I've reluctantly dragged my ass into the ER several times after having bad prior experiences in the past. So far I've been a learning tool for would-be ER techs, pumped full of radioactive dyes & bombarded with countless xrays / ct scans, had a few ultrasounds, different antibiotics, etc all this crap and a whole lottta debt against my credit (wont be fixing it any time soon lets say) only to be told "sorry can't find anything go home" you'd think they'd try a different approached after they've seen you in the same ER for the same problem several times.

However, I haven't had insurance and still don't right now (can't afford it) and apparently losing a full time job doesn't qualify as a life changing event allowing you special enrollment in the marketplace insurance. I may still get hit with the tax fine on my income tax return which looks like will be my only income for the foreseeable future (yay!). I live in florida, no expanded medicaid and I just passed that magic again a while ago so... more good news! I have been scratching my head trying to figure out how I'm going to eat, or buy bird food, or medicine, or doctors visits. Currently still roommates with my father, he's currently working almost 60 hours a week between two jobs trying to keep our house from going under and somehow squeeze out money for (useless it seems like) doctors visits (supposedly, I know better, he just wants drinking money). Financially I'm up creek without paddle and the boats on fire. Open enrollment for 2018 starts nov 1st >.<

If you've ever tried to get medical care without insurance, care isn't the word you'd use to describe your experience. Careless maybe. I think my age plays the biggest role in it all, followed by my lack of insurance, and the nail in the coffin now is a lack of income. I tried a few different jobs after losing my full time job, my quack of doc #1 that got tunnel vision over the 10day migraine that prompted me to start taking another look at my health did give me some pain relief temporarily but he was just totally aloof about it. I could tell he was pretty skeptical. I mean I would be too, but then I can also read people extremely well and its easy to spot someone truly hurting. It was funny I totally got an ER doc when I asked the question "Don't you know what it's like to not have money" ... he totally tripped up and lost the calm doctor composition for a second and acted like a real human realizing he hadn't. I kept explaining to the ER I have no money to afford even subsidised doctors visits, even if I did I have no transportation to get to them, nor are these doctors being paid. Supposedly they volunteer out of the goodness of their heart. Give me a break, it's probably some remediation program for mistakes they made while wearing their doctor hat. I wouldn't place much faith in them since they are apart of the same ER system that fails to act like real people. I was supposed to be admitted at one point when I got fed up and left the damn ER after begging for water for almost 2 hours and wanting the slap the out of the new tech on his second day that wanted to get with me when I told him I didn't want some rookie taking my blood because of the issues I had with that in the past. He took my blood in a very dangerous manner and when I pointed it out the little punk just blurts out "I know". He was lucky assault is against the law. :(

I went home got a call, went back in the next morning the test were repeated, no results so they just sent me home. Fast forward I've tried a new doc so close to home I can walk (2 streets down) but was met with all the same usual bull I've gotten any time I go to a medical professional. It doesn't matter if you are polite, you will still get met with profiling. I'm still trying to decide whether it's an astigmatism caused by the news or they are seriously trained to profile would-be "seekers". Part of me wants to sue the ever living **** out of anyone I saw in the past when I do finally get a handle on whatever is going on. Whatever it is... it's disrupted my sleep 100% and my overall aches and pains have gotten to the point there is no comfort in standing, sitting, or laying in any position for more than a few minutes. This isn't helping anything, sleep is when your body repairs itself. I've become a grumpy old man before I'm actually and old man, I mean I've always been an old soul but just in soul... not in body too like damn. When I dont feel like death I'm actually a really patient person, the only thing I have patience for anymore are my birds and even they have managed to wrack my nerves here lately with it being fall and hormones and my body falling apart. I'm starting to get blood in my stool, I wonder how my new doc will react to that one. He was basically 100% skeptical of everything except when he noticed the profound weakness in my left leg.

It makes me want to beat my head against a wall :BangHead:. I'm so fed up and sick and tired of being sick and tired, literally. It's like a nightmare with no end. I'm going to haunt every doctor I can when I die.

It'd be nice to just get out and pan a bit somewhere my birds can tag along without worry of predators before this **** kills me. Theres no way I can do any of that feeling like I do, I just don't understand how doctors can be so inept.

Healthy until proven sick! ???

Oh and dont drink the water here, it's laden with toxic heavy metals and copious amounts of chlorine / ammonia. So copious I have to use bottled water for my birds during impending hurricanes because they pump up the levels of chlorine / ammonia so high it would kill them.

Icing on the cake? being a loner 0 friends and 0 family. Parents are both "-ism" personalities to the max and are complete narcissists and always have been. Extremely manipulative mentally disturbed individuals that live completely isolated from society and family. They are the kinds of people that will drag you down so they can keep believing their . Supportive is not a term you could use to describe them. My father is the kind of person that will tell you "I'll support you anyway I can" but then try to make you feel bad when the doctor didn't prescribe pain medication that he can steal from you but outright deny it when confronted (I caught him several times after I caught on to him stealing my meds while I was at work after hurricane Irma and he was at home for over a week just stuffing his happy little addict face with pills). (I learned to the hard way I have to lock up my meds around him). So now it's gone from "I'll support you anyway I can and lets get you to the docs" to "we just dont have the money for it"

Uh-huh..

/rantoff

Last edited by a moderator:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rant read. Karma sent.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden Crab, sorry for your problems, but please remember we have rules here on language, I edit your post this time, please post by our rules.

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I keep thinking it would get better, it's not. All I can do is sit here and suffer for now. My new neighbor that moved in recently has taken up late night construction projects after 10-11pm, they were banging on the sheet metal roof with a hammer at midnight waking up the neighbors kids next door screaming and crying.. I guess I'll just let my birds get up when they are actually up (7amish) instead of 9am and I'll start leaving them out till about 8pm. It's fall. Have fun with the screaming!

Like I dont already have enough problems catching rest.

Last edited:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctor upon doctor, test upon test but no diagnosis. Considering what you said about your parents I think it's time to see another doctor about what's doing on above your neck.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through the same exact thing years back and then they told me I had sarcoidosis, for 7yrs I was thinking I had sarcoidosis but twice they gave me steroids for a full year at a time which I was told should have made me feel better but it felt like it was killing me. Then in 2007 my throat started swelling shut and couldn't eat any solid for 6 weeks, when they finally had to put a tracheostomy in my throat to breath they took a biopsy and found I had histoplasmosis which is amazing they didn't kill me with the steroids. I told many doctors I felt like I was going to fall over and not get back up but they didn't believe me, it got to the point I could smell rotting flesh in my sinuses so could my wife but again they looked at me like I was crazy. They don't ever admit they was wrong but they saved me in the end, though I have never been back to normal and probably never will because of the amount of time I was untreated and the 2yrs on steroids where the histoplasmosis went crazy. Good luck and I hope they find your problem soon enough, I could help them with their studies but they won't listen to me as what do I know I only went years with the histoplasmosis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread