Santa Cruz, California To Buy Replica Galleon

Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Santa Cruz, Ca

Santa Cruz hoping to capitalize on all the interest in The Pirates Of The Caribbean Film Franchise is looking to purchase a replica 16th Caravelle, It is currently looking for a crew to sale the ship from St. Lucia, in the Caribbean to Santa Cruz. It along with a rumored museum highlighting Early Spanish Artifacts of the Area. The new attraction on the Boardwalk is hoping to provide a boost to tourism. There the ship will be madeover "taking out all the hokeness" and returned to what most likely what a ship would of looked like Mid 16th century.

The ship will make 2 round trips daily form Santa Cruz To Monterey

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1966/Custom-Built-PIRATE-SHIP-Spanish-galleon-replica-2948874/St.-Lucia#.Wi7BnVWnG00

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
I
Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
More specifications and Pictures:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzMnO5EHETGoVHRwdm1BX25SamM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzMnO5EHETGoWVp2eFpYX2hDcG8

LBP: 80.5’ LOA: 85’ Beam: 22.7’ Depth: 11.75’ Gross tonnage: 164 Net tonnage: 56
Fuel capacity: 7,500 gallons
Built: 1966, Sturgeon Bay, WI

Inventory for Black Magic
PROPULSION
Caterpillar Diesel D398 850HP

ELECTRICS
Electrical circuit 110V/220V/12V
John Deere generator 60kw. 110 & 220 Volts
New in 2012 : Lister generator 20kw 110 & 220 Volts
Battery charter
Shore Power Inlet
Inverter

ELECTRONICS
VHF Radio
PA system
Compass
Stereo and speakers

SAILS, RIGGING AND MOORING
Sails
Hydraulic Windlass

INTERIOR
Toilets - male 2 urinals and a toilet, female 2 toilets
Manual Bilge Pump
Eectric Bilge Pump
Sea Water Pump
Deep freezer

EXTERIOR
Swimming Ladder
Cockpit shower

SAFETY AND EXTRAS
Fire fighting equipment
Life jackets
First Aid equipment
Spare filters, parts, etc

GUESTS ENTERTAINMENT
Yard arm swings, off the Main Corse
Walk the plank
Four working cannons

Probably have to run the cat to get anywhere, I'm wondering if she even moves in full sail without engine running.
Large capacity fuel tank, she should make it out of Panama if the engine is sound and holds up. Anyway your looking at least a $20.000.00 fuel bill to get her to Northern California, If you don't have to Charter a Tug to get her out of Panama.

Dry docked 3 months ago for the antifouling and anodes and bottom work

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Infliction, I'm in Salinas to Monterey area. Within ~30 min. of several of the cities you are citing. But ... I'm having trouble figuring out what your posts have to do with metal detecting ? You're talking about replica ships I think ? Maybe if you posted these on the shipwreck forum.

OP
OP
I
Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's in Dry Dock I would probably offer $37,500.00 to $51,500.00. Not much call for replica Spanish Galleons.
$20,000 fuel
another $20,000.00 to get it out of dry dock and prep for 5,000 miles
plus crew

probably the best way to do it would be to rip out everything on the inside non-essential, add some new electronics, probably 650 gallons of diesel to get to Aruba, and see if she can make a wake. Had to laugh, Ship Broker said "it sails good".

Getting out of Panama and Central America would be the hardest. It might be easier to to charter a tug, to save the engine, depending on cost on how far they can take you, make it to Ensenada, do the Bottom paint (airbrushed wood planks) take it up the coast from there. Could probably do it in Saint Lucia cheaper, if it is already in Dry Dock.
It must have some torque, If it's an old tug, probably forgo the Tug Boat Charter and take it off shore steaming up the coast out of Panama.

This Must of been made out of an old tug boat from the great lakes, The sails most likely are just for show, Those galleons weren't fast in the first place.
Would be an interesting trip though.
Probably never happen

Last edited:
OP
OP
I
Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Project Kokomo
Mission Objectives:
Itinerary:
Tools, Supplies & Provisions:
Logistics:
Course:
Schedule:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I get from the Link

Year:1966Length:108'Engine/Fuel Type:Single / diesel

5678659_20160324082116142_1_XLARGE.jpg

5678659_20160324082135750_1_XLARGE.jpg

567.jpg

Current Price:US$ 700,000 Sale Pending

Exclusive listing by CARIBBEAN MULTIHULLS
She is ready to go anywhere and work in a new project ...a real attraction !
Owners are looking at all reasonable offers.
Beautiful Spanish galleon replica, available now in the Caribbean! The BLACK MAGIC is a pirate ship reconditioned in 2011-2012.
The carrying capacity is 149-200 passengers (or more depending on your licensing authority). This pirate ship comes turn-key, and certainly has a great movie potential.

Too Bad if Santa Cruz Buys it

I'm
Fantasizing about winning the Powerball...

Buying it....

raising this Flag :skullflag:

& starting my Own Business :coffee2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread