My new toy

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's my new toy for concealed carry.Its a Para Ordnance P12 .45.Nothing like 15 rounds of .45 that will fit in your pocket:laughing7: IMG_20171215_104519.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey J.R.C..
There are folks been wonderin if you was still kickin!

Looks like a wrist rocker. But yes , points for compactness.
Hole pokin target rounds showing. If you don' t have defense rounds , I imagine you will soon.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sweet. Been keeping an eye out for a stainless Warthog.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i was thinking about a Beretta Px4 storm its 9mm and 17 rounds but 45 will get the job done

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold boy,.45 has been getting the job done since the black power muzzle loader days,a150 plus years.I stay away from 9mm with a passion.Do not like them,dont trust them.I don't care how many rounds they hold,fire power is good,accuracy is final.But,choose what you want,a gun is only as good as the person holding it.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
my parents carry 9mm compact models like dad says no matter how big the bullet it will still put a big hole in them

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry but your dad is wrong.The whole idea isn't to put a hole in somebody,the whole idea is to drop them asap.A 9mm won't do that with a shot to the shoulder,a .45 will.Mass is everything,9mm doesn't have the mass.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
that is what i meant sorry plus my dad used to own a 45 revolver he said you had to wear gloves because fire came out the cylinder

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Do some reading about what happened when the army troops in the Philllipines during the Phillipine war,right after the Spanish American war,were issued .38s and had the .45 taken away from them.A 9mm is a .38.The .38 isn't a man stopper.Youll get the idea.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Do some reading about what happened when the army troops in the Philllipines during the Phillipine war,right after the Spanish American war,were issued .38s and had the .45 taken away from them.A 9mm is a .38.The .38 isn't a man stopper.Youll get the idea.

it will just make them mad

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure what it went for brand new.Para Ordnance use to be in Canada but was bought and is now in the U.S.Mine is one of the old ones,steel framed.They went to using alloy frames before the company was sold.Mine is from the mid 90s.Back then new it went for around I believe 800 to 1000 bucks.Mine is in about 95 0/0 new condition,the only part I replaced was the recoil spring.I paid 400 for it.The best part is that the parts interchange with colt 1911 parts.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 3 mags for mine.one 10 round,a 12 round and a 14 round.Thats not counting one in the chamber.15 rounds of .45 will take care of quite a few situations;D

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey J.R.C..
There are folks been wonderin if you was still kickin!
Looks like a wrist rocker. But yes , points for compactness.
Hole pokin target rounds showing. If you don' t have defense rounds , I imagine you will soon.
Oh Im still kicking all right lol.Yup its a wrist rocker all right.You have to stiff arm it if using one hand,two handed is definitely better.Compac?,fits right in your jeans pocket with maybe an inch,if that, of handle showing.I use an inside the pants waist holster,with my tee shirt untucked you cant even tell i have anything.Defensive rounds are ridiculously priced,44 bucks for 20 rounds of hollow point.thats crazy.I'll wait until I start reloading.Until then FMJs unless i modify some factory rounds :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There I was on Kodiak island. Camping, hiking and just enjoying the solitude of Mother Nature. Then this huge male brown bear approached and reared up on his hind legs not 20ft. from me. Was I scared... HELL NO!!!! I quickly pulled out my .22 short shooting pistol and sent a round directly into the end of his nose! After that we got along great. End of story.

I'm going to the wood shop now. (I'll be back later).

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There I was on Kodiak island. Camping, hiking and just enjoying the solitude of Mother Nature. Then this huge male brown bear approached and reared up on his hind legs not 20ft. from me. Was I scared... HELL NO!!!! I quickly pulled out my .22 short shooting pistol and sent a round directly into the end of his nose! After that we got along great. End of story.
Are you trying to piss something off there buddy:laughing9:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James, good to see you back. That's a beauty. Now become a charter member so you can join us in the politics forum, lol.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
it will just make them mad

Aircrews were issued S&W .38 Spl Combat Masterpiece revolvers. The running joke was "save the last two rounds for yourself".
HH
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions