Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Re: The Pondering of KirkPA's Soul

pulltabsteve said:
Hey Kirk, I dont think I ever responded to a post of yours. I havent read all of your posts but I've read a few. You obviously know how to detect. Your finds are proof of that. I like your posts. They sure are entertaining and the loot you find is top notch. The language that you use also helps me understand what my kids are saying! ;D ;D I think we all played the king of the hill game when we were younger. When you get a little older I think you will realize that there are more important things in life. I think you're a smart guy. You can help alot of people with your detecting know how. Maybe even learn a thing or 2 from the many talented people on here. Keep up the good finds KirkPA!! I look forward to reading your posts in the future. Steve

Thanks, bud, for the reply. I hope to impress you some more in the fall. HH to yourself!

CarolinaDigs said:
Kirk I don't know how I missed this post ? I was however in Mississippi Gambling at the time it was posted LOL ;D
Now Kirk YOU are one of the most intelligent ,enjoyable and knowledgeable personalities I have discovered on this site. I immediately understood your sense of wit and creative sarcasm ;D HUMOR !! Yes there are others that might not bond to " the outside the box " image, and certainly that is ones ,true, pure right to disagree :)
I really hope that you have not received any grief from others. You are a young man to be admired. Here you could be involved with much less admirable hobbies > but you choose to enjoy yourself with MD and making yourself each day more knowledgeable on your pursuits and interest. If we were all the same in dialect and personality , it would truly be a dull > nonproductive environment ;)
Kirk stay true to who you are > provide your post with the enthusiasm and one of a kind comments that only you can do so well. I would be proud to have you as a son or friend ;D Heck fire you guys have a one of a kind good time ;D ;D

HH > there are tons of colonials >coppas>wilver for you to find and post ;D Sincerely Marjorie R. Powell

I want to thank you for your kind words on my writing and personal character. Well, I would be proud to have you as my mother. :D You are so supportive. Stay tuned-in for more of my adventures!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

ModernMiner said:
Kirk,
After reading your post I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry? ??? I'm going with laughter though, because I too enjoy humor. Being able to laugh keeps you young.
Being serious all the time is boring. Your posts really add spice to this site, so hopefully you reconsider on responding to others posts too. By the way, did you cash in your "coppas" to buy those big dollar words you used? ;D
Stay the way you are, but lose that hat, pull up your Huggies, and PLEASE replace that d-mn avatar. :o ;D
Take care,
MM

LMAO! Bud, KirkPA has a softer side, too. I am not that insensitive jerk that some dudes try to make me out to be. I am allll about having a GREAT time.

I like my new avatar. hahaha I look like a cool dude. lol

KirkPA

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk,

Which came first, the "cold" society, or the soul-less Kirk? Sort of a chicken and egg question, isn't it? Glad to hear that you are mulling this all over. The good thing about Tnet is that it is quite easy to self-evaluate here. All of each of our previous hundreds of posts are waiting for review and study at the click of a button. I won't say that I am proud of all my posts (especially my mudslinging in the rants forum), but a few of them I am quite proud of. Now I think there has been a lot of support on this thread for you so far, and perhaps that is because some of the "offended" have left the forum or are unwilling to respond to such a thread. That's o.k. though, because by now they've all seen it. And I do think that this type of support for you is a good thing--it is what this type of "virtual" community could and should be about. But I have to admit that at times your comments and even PM's to others on this site have been somewhat less "circuitous" in their offensiveness. I am pleased with your public statement of self-evaluation, which takes more maturity than self-scrutiny does in a private sphere. I have had to do this many times already in my life as a musician, as a detectorist, and as a person. It is funny how making an effective life change in one area has the power to change other areas for the better. For as much as science and technology are at work behind the scenes in what we all do, metal detecting and treasure hunting are ARTS. As such they not only suggest but demand self-evaulation from us. We can never be "the best." But it is our duty to keep becoming better hunters and better people. The key is to be understanding and supportive of where others are in the process, and respect their abilities--no matter what level they're at or what machine they're using. Also best to remember at all times on this forum that it is not what you say so much as how it comes across.

Regards,

Buckleboy

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk,
I thought I'd share this poem that my cousin Chriss wrote about my father(Kerry) who was hit by a car three weeks ago while he was outside covering his produce stand in front of his house. He was a great guy, funniest man I know, and would do anything to help others. My father is where I got my sense of humor from. ;D
I'm not trying to bring anyone on TN down, I just thought there may be some useful info in here for some folks. Enjoy.
-MM-

WHAT WILL MATTER

If one is ready or not, someday it will all come to an end.

And all the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.

Your wealth, fame and temporal power will no longer matter.

And it will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.

Any grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will disappear.

And the wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.

It won't matter where you came from, or on what side of the tracks you lived.

It won't matter if you're the best or the most attractive.

It won't matter what your IQ is or how much you've studied.

So, what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?

What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got but what you gave

What will matter is not your success but your significance.

What will matter is not what you've learned, but what you taught.

What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice

that enriched, empowered, or encouraged others to emulate your example.

What will matter is not your competence, but your character.

What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone.

What will matter is not your memories, but the memories that live in those who love you.

What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.

Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.

It's not a matter of circumstances but of choice.

Uncle Kerry, you lived a life that truly matters. I miss you and I love you.

~ Chriss ~

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT

Wow, did you get that from one of the Klingon forums at the star trek convention? or maybe Mr Data had some 'input' to your speech, yes pun intended. :)

Since I missed what most the people were crying about, I can't honestly comment on details of what did / appeared to.. whatever... happened, but I will say this.

Be yourself, folks will either like you or hate you. Don't be a poser and pretend to be something / someone just to fit in. You WILL be exposed for what you really are, a persons true nature always comes out and it will cause more resentment in the long run. You can't 'force' acceptance somewhere, just as those who claim to be the most 'tolerant' in most groups, tend to be the most hypocritical of the groups as well. By trying to pretend or force something, you force yourself into that group... not a good one to be in.

You will not be liked by everyone, and might be liked by only some. Just because a person might not like you, or agree with you is not a ticket to 'pick' on them.

Some people have thick skin, others are bedwetting crybabies.
Some people can take humor, jabs, others are just looking for their drama queue or to further their victims status in whatever capability they can.

Sometimes people are just having a bad day and no matter what you say, it's going to rub them wrong.

In a public forum that is open to all types, gotta learn to ignore those who really get under your skin, and never expect them to just simply 'ignore' your posts that bother them. That would be asking too much to hope that everyone expressed the maturity and intelligence to actually use the ignore features of a forum instead of starting a fight.

Oh, and being an A hole might be cool in the locker room, but if you step over the bounds there, you get your ass whooped. Here, one can't reach through the screen to choke you, so ones 'limits' tend to go overboard with the added protection at times. Nobody likes a keyboard rambo. You might be joking but you can't see the queues that it's well past the joke point on the other end.

Apologizing for your past actions was a big step to take, very few are actually mature enough to do such a thing, and will perpetually look for 'excuses' rather than say, I messed up. Kudos there, But... an apology is not the end all solution to any problem ... ever.... an apology is merely the acknowledgement that yes, there is a problem, NOW I will work towards correcting that problem. Your actions will speak much more about you than your words. (well here, your actions are your words, but you know what I mean).

In the end, don't lose too much sleep over it, they'll get over it, they always do.

Treat others as you would be treated...

Unless they own a minelab :::flee::

Aaron

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk...it's all good brother. When I first posted here a few weeks ago I read your posts and thought..."this dude reminds me of myself 20 years ago". Heck I'm now 44 but I am and will always be a 22 year old in my own heart.
In my 30's I was still being a bouncer at a night club...still bench pressing in excess of 325lbs...and still racing motocross on the circuit. Now at 44 I ride a Harley...no longer am a bouncer and can no longer bench press the same weight. I came back to the hobby that I love and have done since I was 15 years old.
Your posts are entertaining so keep em' coming. I appreciate you responding to my posts...just don't call me sir again...call me "older dude" or something. ;D

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Kirk,

Email mail me.
Got some pix i want to send you.

A new site my partner and I explored yesterday.

Old Dude... er Dog

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

I hope your whole Soul Pondering thing is working out for you...

And here I thought it was immaturity and angst... like we all go through.

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa

Really, I think it comes down to tempering a strong competitive nature. The secret is to only use it on people who have the same nature and like to play that way. Some folks are truly bothered by a competitive attitude, so for them it helps to be a little more humble with your expertise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread