Ants

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Monty said:
FOR SALE: Coin detecting ants. $500.00 per thousand. Yes, they really do detect coins. Turn them loose in your yard or your metal detecting site and I'm sure that when you dig a coin you will be pleased to find that the ants have alread found it way ahead of you. Simple and easy to use. Just turn them loose at the site and wait 4 hours and then take your detector and dig any coin signals. And don't forget your ant harnasses at $5.00 per set complete. Hitch the ant to the harnass and then play out the string. When you feel two sharp tugs , the ant has a coin located. Simply take your detector and go over the spot very slowly and presto, the ant has another coin. Custom fit ant harnasses, bring the ants in for a fitting or we will fit them at time of shipment. Monty
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some topics just can't help but stray into the realm of the comedy. Didn't mean to offend anyone it just struck me funny at the time. Seriously I haven't noticed ants when coin shooting any more than I would expect to find ants anywhere else. Maybe I just haven't noticed them but I will start looking and see if I do. It would be very interesting if indeed that were the case. Ants travel pretty much by leaving odor trails for others to follow so maybe we need a detector that finds ants? Just watch out for fire ants , red ants and that one variety of tiny black ant that bites like a tiger! M :-\ nty

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Technically this is my topic since I started it and I find nothing wrong with your posts. I enjoy humor especially when it is about detecting stuff. So keep it up!!!! ;D :D :) ;D

I went to my mothers this weekend and noticed the trend continued. Anytime I found a copper penny or Wheat I find ants. I think it may have something to do with Copper?? ???

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See what happens over a cent and some ants thanks again Mastereagle you put a new wrinkle in mding :) AA

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Well after hunting with BB yesterday for a few hours we both noticed that everywhere we were finding coins, ANTS. We dug like a hunerd sody cans and stuff no ants. ANTS are weird but I think they like the coins like us MDers do!!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what to make of this but no ants! Went out to practice with my PI detector today and dug some clad pennies but no ants. Dug some dimes and no ants. I feel slighted. I can't find ants. Are you funnin' me or do you really find ants? Dug some old soda bottle tops and no ants. Not even any uncles! Found a dead caterpillar and lots of ants. Sat down on the ground in the shade to count my clad. Found ants. They bit me on the butt! I was sitting on an ant hill. Not fire ants thank goodness. Little black what we always called pi$$ants. I guess because they really get pi$$ed when you sit on their mo und? No first aid required, just lots of rubbing and scratching. Annoying little buggers. Glad you're not finding rats with coins. I'd quit and start hunting with cats. Monty

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Monty said:
I don't know what to make of this but no ants! Went out to practice with my PI detector today and dug some clad pennies but no ants. Dug some dimes and no ants. I feel slighted. I can't find ants. Are you funnin' me or do you really find ants? Dug some old soda bottle tops and no ants. Not even any uncles! Found a dead caterpillar and lots of ants. Sat down on the ground in the shade to count my clad. Found ants. They bit me on the butt! I was sitting on an ant hill. Not fire ants thank goodness. Little black what we always called pi$$ants. I guess because they really get pi$$ed when you sit on their mo und? No first aid required, just lots of rubbing and scratching. Annoying little buggers. Glad you're not finding rats with coins. I'd quit and start hunting with cats. Monty

:D Thanks for the smile Monty

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Never paid attention to the ants when I have been out digging UNTIL.....

we went to the Crator of Diamonds a couple of weeks ago....

I was at the very edge of the field (in the shade :)) and was digging....found some real pretty rocks....they were purple...but don't know what kind they were...anyways...the deeper I dug...the more the ants came out....I gave up....the ants won! :(...there was only one of me and many of them LOL!!!

They were probably hoarding all those diamonds too!!! They just wouldn't give them up!

But I plan to make another trip to the crator...this time ... I won't let them win.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled at the holes I pull coins from...I'll consider it a GOOD SIGNAL if I see that ants!!! :)

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
You asked if I was funnin about ants
Simply I say I can'ts
Since every time I dig
I flip my wig
Cause the little buggers are always in the ground.

Two nights ago today
Baldingboy and I went out to play
With found coins it would beep
I dug the little creep
Ants in the ground with my coins!

What kind of ants you may ask
Well that is a difficult task
Little black ones and red
I'd rather they're dead
Cause they bite when they get in your gloves

So this is my tale and tis true
I really don't know what to do
Why are the ants
Getting in my pants
Whenere I sit on the ground? :D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of ants, and we were weren't we? I once lost a quarter down a gopher hole. I was getting a strong signal at 4" showing a quarter size coin on my GTI 2500. I dug down about two inches and all at once the digging got a lot easier with lots of loose dirt. I just barely got a glimpse of a quarter as I broke into a gopher hole and down it went no telling how deep. Just disappeared into a little round hole going straight down to an unknown depth. I was down on my knees digging and just sat there kinda' stunned. I don't know how deep it was but I lost it on my LCD and couldn't hear it anymore. Anyone know how deep a gopher will dig? I looked around at my surroundings and saw a mound of dirt not far off where a gopher had pushed the dirt to the surface. I have read where others have found artifacts and coins in the dirt pushed up by a gopher but this is the first time a gopher ever stole my $$$. Oh the ants? I didn't see any ants but I had to lead into this under topic since we were talking about ants. M :P nty

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty gophers also push bottles out of their holes i guess its like house cleaning :D AA

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
I use ants as prospecting partners, yuo dig up the ant hills where they bring the dirt up from diwn below . It is just like a core sample it will show you where the gold is with very little effort on your part..

Blackfoot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions