What came first.. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What came first..

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6074 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    Perhaps there are some "scientists" proselytizing. But knowledge in general has always been a threat to the simplified, religious beliefs in a God-created and controlled universe. Not so many centuries ago, a guy like me would not survive an audience with a bunch of priests in Europe. Or today in some 'Stan country in front of the Mullahs. We are currently fighting people who insist the chicken was made on the sixth day. They DO believe in the same anti-knowledge God. The very same Middle Eastern bloodline. One book, that's it. Believe all of it, or none of it. If you believe none of it, go directly to hell. I'll give it some thought.
    And there in lies the difference between God and Religion. Religion is against learning, how do you think we got the dark ages? RELIGION.

The book they claim to be based on, however, promotes learning. It gives guidelines that kept the Jews healthier than their neighbors by not spreading disease. It was clear about other items of a scientific nature.

I can't (nor would I want to) make someone believe. I may, however, hope one learns to believe. Belief based on blind faith is a waste. One has to learn what they are putting faith in first. Belief based on knowledge moves people to reflect the things they have learned. Belief based on blind faith, well, we've all seen what that results in.

Be well.
    Last edited by Chadeaux; Feb 12, 2018 at 10:34 PM.
    Kray Gelder likes this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links