Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The chicken or the egg?

GOD Bless

Chris

The Vilassa Raptor its been proven they are related and chickens are one of the most carniverous creatures on the face of the earth have witnessed them eating baby and adult mice as well as each other

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chicken hatched from an egg.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK..where did he come from?

personally I believed the chicken evolved from dinosaurs and without the chicken evolving first you would have no eggs from the chicken

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da chicken. On the 6th day. Now my PET chickens came from the feed store.

The chicken in the fridge came from the grocery store.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Da chicken. On the 6th day. Now my PET chickens came from the feed store.

The chicken in the fridge came from the grocery store.

According to Wikipedia, the chicken was first domesticated from Red Jungle Foul in China, 7400 years ago. It had become domesticated in India 7000 years ago. Days were not mentioned. The Red Jungle Fowl had been around long before that. With all the other restrictions in place on this enjoyable forum, I just wish people would quit preaching in their posts. I find it contrary to an otherwise educational and intellectual experience. Unpleasant and embarrassing. Just saying.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
According to Wikipedia, the chicken was first domesticated from Red Jungle Foul in China, 7400 years ago. It had become domesticated in India 7000 years ago. Days were not mentioned. The Red Jungle Fowl had been around long before that. With all the other restrictions in place on this enjoyable forum, I just wish people would quit preaching in their posts. I find it contrary to an otherwise educational and intellectual experience. Unpleasant and embarrassing. Just saying.

So do I. Science has become a religion in our day as has atheism. Proselytizing? No one else comes close ... except maybe the MMGW folks.

Oddly enough, it wasn't until late in the 19th century that science finally saw a connection between lack of cleanliness and illness. Doctors would go directly from cutting up a cadaver to delivering a baby or treating an ill person. Someone beat them to understanding the connection by several millenniums.

Ancient science claimed the earth was flat. It taught that the earth was supported by elephants standing on the back of a large turtle on top of a cobra.

Job said: "He stretches out the northern sky over empty space,Suspending the earth upon nothing;" Job 26:7

Isaiah talked about "the circle of the earth". The Hebrew word chugh here translated “circle” may be rendered “sphere.” How long ago? 750 B.C.E. About 2200 years before Columbus scared people telling them the earth is round and you won't fall off the end. Where did he get his idea? Isaian 40:22

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Science has become a religion in our day as has atheism. Proselytizing? No one else comes close ... except maybe the MMGW folks.

Perhaps there are some "scientists" proselytizing. But knowledge in general has always been a threat to the simplified, religious beliefs in a God-created and controlled universe. Not so many centuries ago, a guy like me would not survive an audience with a bunch of priests in Europe. Or today in some 'Stan country in front of the Mullahs. We are currently fighting people who insist the chicken was made on the sixth day. They DO believe in the same anti-knowledge God. The very same Middle Eastern bloodline. One book, that's it. Believe all of it, or none of it. If you believe none of it, go directly to hell. I'll give it some thought.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Perhaps there are some "scientists" proselytizing. But knowledge in general has always been a threat to the simplified, religious beliefs in a God-created and controlled universe. Not so many centuries ago, a guy like me would not survive an audience with a bunch of priests in Europe. Or today in some 'Stan country in front of the Mullahs. We are currently fighting people who insist the chicken was made on the sixth day. They DO believe in the same anti-knowledge God. The very same Middle Eastern bloodline. One book, that's it. Believe all of it, or none of it. If you believe none of it, go directly to hell. I'll give it some thought.

And there in lies the difference between God and Religion. Religion is against learning, how do you think we got the dark ages? RELIGION.

The book they claim to be based on, however, promotes learning. It gives guidelines that kept the Jews healthier than their neighbors by not spreading disease. It was clear about other items of a scientific nature.

I can't (nor would I want to) make someone believe. I may, however, hope one learns to believe. Belief based on blind faith is a waste. One has to learn what they are putting faith in first. Belief based on knowledge moves people to reflect the things they have learned. Belief based on blind faith, well, we've all seen what that results in.

Be well.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread