Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Now this guy has just too much money

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche diggers, and the custom made Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    1904 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That launch and recovery of the boosters was phenomenal!! If you have any doubts about the greatness of our nation that was a shining example what Americans can do, this was private industry! No government, not the Russian, not the Chinese with all their scientists and full backing of their respective governments have ever pulled something like that off! And the car was a nice touch!

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden Max, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3213 times
    God Bless America and all the veterans that have fought for everyone’s freedom of speech.
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B98EBD2-1D60-48DB-88FF-D53FA8A8BB75.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	1547795
    Duckshot, pepperj and Simon1 like this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    9231 times
    Metal Detecting
    If the video is "real" the roadster is tumbling and won't make it.

So I assume that was just a "mock up" for the benefit of folks with short attention spans who have to see things moving because they can't grasp the distances involved.
    pepperj likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BLK HOLE View Post
    That launch and recovery of the boosters was phenomenal!! If you have any doubts about the greatness of our nation that was a shining example what Americans can do, this was private industry! No government, not the Russian, not the Chinese with all their scientists and full backing of their respective governments have ever pulled something like that off! And the car was a nice touch!
    Truth be told Elon Mush ain't exactly a stellar example of the power of capitalism.

Tesla Motors Inc., SolarCity Corp. and Space Exploration Technologies Corp., known as SpaceX, together have benefited from an estimated $4.9 billion in government support, according to data compiled by The [L.A.]Times.
    Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies
    You are correct in principle, but the reality of the circumstance differs from your perception of what happened.
    pepperj and sandchip like this.
    I cannot make you think. I can give you something to think about, but whether or not you choose to think about what is offered and how you think about it is entirely up to you. In the same manner, I cannot make you get offended. I have no control over your behavior. Getting offended, or keeping your cool is your choice. It is all up to YOU cupcake!

.....if words can hurt you what will punches do?

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScoop View Post
    God Bless America and all the veterans that have fought for everyone’s freedom of speech.
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B98EBD2-1D60-48DB-88FF-D53FA8A8BB75.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	1547795
    Once I met a former PFC who fought in the Iraq war at the tavern. I told him "You keep telling war stories, I'll buy us a beer for every mohamedean you made into a casualty".

Man did we get shined up that night!
    WaterScoop and pepperj like this.
    I cannot make you think. I can give you something to think about, but whether or not you choose to think about what is offered and how you think about it is entirely up to you. In the same manner, I cannot make you get offended. I have no control over your behavior. Getting offended, or keeping your cool is your choice. It is all up to YOU cupcake!

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden Max, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Not sure why your quoting freedom of speech....[/COLOR][/FONT]
    I mentioned freedom of speech because I didnt agree with your point of view. I was only using it to make a point of how Awesome it is to live in this great country.

I dont believe numerous NASA accounts of many past events. Their excuse of not having any of the telemetry information that got them to the moon and back is all I needed to hear to lose 100% faith in what they say and do.

NASA budget Is over 50 million dollars a day. YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY .You think with that kind of budget they could preserve the information tha got them to the moon and back.

Thank you and all the veterans for your service to this great country that gave me the right to express my opinion without ever feeling that I would be persecuted for my beliefs.

I will not say anything about this subject further.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E655785-C52A-49D7-A9FA-E75520FCD387.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	1547802
    worldtalker and pepperj like this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16295 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    Once I met a former PFC who fought in the Iraq war at the tavern. I told him "You keep telling war stories, I'll buy us a beer for every mohamedean you made into a casualty".

Man did we get shined up that night!
    I always remembered the X pats that we chatted with over a stay at a guest house along the Mekong River.(25yrs ago)
    One guy after a few days of general chit-chat he sat down at afternoon drinks (tea/lassi) and after a bit pulled out some photos of him standing beside an airplane. He told the story of it getting hit and I could see the many rays of sun casting holes through the body and the wings.
    They made it back, from a place where they weren't in the first place-so basically if they went down it would not be a reading file for the general service administration.
    It was interesting listening to men that did their part, for their country, have their pension, but don't want to have any part of the system ever again.
    Duckshot likes this.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1653 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    If the dude was smart he would have sent up a couple of Guatemalan illegal aliens, which would have proved the existence of "space aliens". IIRC, somebody was offering $100,000 for proof of " space aliens".

Could have earned himself $100,000 instead of risking his coal burning car.
    The Tesla Roadster is an electric car

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320 View Post
    The Tesla Roadster is an electric car
    The U.S. gets more than half its electricity from burning coal, and natural gas. About 40% comes from coal. Although you maybe could push a car with sunshine, waterfalls, and unicorn flatulence, making electricity is really all about the BTUs, and coal has the BTUs.
    pepperj, worldtalker and sandchip like this.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1653 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The U.S. gets more than half its electricity from burning coal, and natural gas. About 40% comes from coal. Although you maybe could push a car with sunshine, waterfalls, and unicorn flatulence, making electricity is really all about the BTUs, and coal has the BTUs.
    You lost me....lol.
    pepperj likes this.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2522 times
    OK 1320. Where does electricity come from?

Ask Google says- "About 65% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases), about 20% was from nuclear energy, and about 15% was from renewable energy sources.Apr 18, 2017"

Edited to add link- https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3
    Last edited by Duckshot; Feb 08, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
    pepperj and sandchip like this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16295 times
    Relic Hunting
    There is clean coal and dirty coal. Natural gas can run both power plants, heat the home, run the car. Coal burning cars- not many if any around.
    Coal is dino-era fuel now when there are better choices. But that comes with a heavy price tag.
    We eliminated coal burning power plants in Ontario, the cost of renewable energy has taken the food off of many plates.
    Electric cars are still a toy for the 1% in NA, so the costs of bringing these autos is being done from the sweat of the common workers.

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    9231 times
    Metal Detecting
    NY State uses 250 trillion BTUs of hydroelectric from various rivers.

Which is a drop in the bucket (n'yuk, n'yuk) compared to fossil fuels like natural gas (the biggie) and coal, ethanol, or even nuclear.

When you look at the strip mines used for lithium, cadmium, and sources for the chemicals used in alkaline batteries they are by no means earth friendly. Not to mention the toxic run-off from the tailings.

pepperj, sandchip and Duckshot like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2522 times
    Ask Google, "where does lithium come from?"

North America has only one lithium mine, the Albermarle Silver Peak Mine, and only one U.S. company is currently producing lithium from brine. Most of the world's lithium comes from brine operations in Chile and a spodumene operation in Australia. China and Argentina are also major lithium producers.Apr 7, 2016
    Ask Google, "what waste is produced by lithium batteries?"- https://www.theguardian.com/sustaina...hium-recycling
    pepperj likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    26670 times

Spacex Falcon Heavy Launch

PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links