Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do have some food for thought for you Treasure Hunter using the Socratic Method:

1. Where was the lunar buggy stored in the lunar lander?
2. Where does the metamorphosis occur for the lunar lander into the lunar module that lands in the ocean?

How did it change from this
View attachment 1547671

To this

View attachment 1547673

Anyway this is not the forum to discuss the “alternate “ truth deemed a conspiracy. Cheers

Surely your NOT serious... right? You think the moon lander somehow had to change into the re-entry module? You can't figure that question out yourself? It's such an elementary question. You and the flat earth guy need to "hook up".... you 2 could solve all of mankind's concerns.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Back to the Vega...my friend had a 1964 Chevy Nova SS with a small v8. Absolutely classic and super (sport) collectible.
He traded it off for a Vega and regretted it every day of his life.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The U.S. Air Force has already booked the massive rocket for a June launch of a test payload. But the Falcon Heavy may have to nail many more missions before it passes the threshold to be certified by the U.S. Air Force.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
When you're testing a rocket that's going to haul stuff into orbit, part of the test has to involve...well, hauling stuff. A government agency will normally use something cheap and inert like concrete. SpaceX is not a government agency, and ~$250,000 is not a large amount of money relative to the overall cost of the mission.

Also, think in terms of marketing. Some people say that you can't buy this kind of publicity, but that's exactly what Musk did. He put a car (his car) in space. If you're selling a cars and rockets, what's it worth to use your rocket to put your car in space? Everyone on the planet is talking about his products, and they will continue talking about his products for some time - even on a treasure hunting forum of all places.

I suspect that there are a number of other car companies wishing that it was their car up there right now. Unfortunately none of them build rockets. I'd say that was a few hundred grand well spent.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe NASA could Really get to the moon Now.
This is Freaky ! simultaneously and on target

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When you're testing a rocket that's going to haul stuff into orbit, part of the test has to involve...well, hauling stuff. A government agency will normally use something cheap and inert like concrete. SpaceX is not a government agency, and ~$250,000 is not a large amount of money relative to the overall cost of the mission.

Also, think in terms of marketing. Some people say that you can't buy this kind of publicity, but that's exactly what Musk did. He put a car (his car) in space. If you're selling a cars and rockets, what's it worth to use your rocket to put your car in space? Everyone on the planet is talking about his products, and they will continue talking about his products for some time - even on a treasure hunting forum of all places.

I suspect that there are a number of other car companies wishing that it was their car up there right now. Unfortunately none of them build rockets. I'd say that was a few hundred grand well spent.
It's th best money Elone Musk spent. What it has done for publicity is right up there with the car.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
maybe NASA could Really get to the moon Now.
This is Freaky ! simultaneously and on target

Watching them land is just crazy, Si-Fi made real.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's th best money Elone Musk spent. What it has done for publicity is right up there with the car.

Yep & I bet it would have cost NASA 10 times what it cost Them

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching them land is just crazy, Si-Fi made real.

Yep These People are Crazy Scary Too :laughing7:
Brains Like that.

Are they really from earth ? :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep & I bet it would have cost NASA 10 times what it cost Them

It anything that the public purse is involved with, charge till the trough is filled right over the brim.
Just to renovate a simple residence of our PM is going to be $35-50 million.
We just got new hydro bills, that cost us $16-30 million to change the look and make them easier to understand. (trying to justify the costs)
Jeff it's piled up so high that the stink is overwhelming at times.
Its great that the private sector can profit at things that public/gov. can't.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to the Vega...my friend had a 1964 Chevy Nova SS with a small v8. Absolutely classic and super (sport) collectible.
He traded it off for a Vega and regretted it every day of his life.

While I don't "promote" the Chevy Vega model... I did own a 73" 406 Chevy SB. long ago. I just put a bid in on one in CA. I might be flying to S.D. CA. and driving it back... stay tuned.

Full tube steel chassis, 500+ hp. SB. with ALL THE "SPECIAL" STUFF from front to back. I.... just have a few questions for them to answer first. 100% street legal....???? Long drive back to TN.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread