The Thrill of the ride! Ferrari Shell Commercial High Quality

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was a child of the 60's forever, drag racing on the back roads at age 16 and hot cars!

This is a cool video I was sent :)

Can you imagine the red tape, permits, and cost to pull off this commercial? Not to mention the problems of clearing all of those streets and roads!

Ostensibly, they're selling gasoline, but the cars used in the video steal the show. Ferrari pulled several of their race cars from various ages out of storage, flew them around the world and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong, Honolulu and Monaco.

No computer graphics, these are the original cars on the original streets. The best part is the sound from the front-engine era, each scene cuts to a later generation, ending with the wail of a modern F1 car.

Even if you're not a gear head, this video will stir the soul. There's just something about 14,000 RPM!!!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was a child of the 60's forever, drag racing on the back roads at age 16 and hot cars!

... child of the 60's, driver of the 70's --- miss them cars! My most fun were a 1969 Roadrunner and a 1969 GTX that I built the engine for. They were more fun than my 1965 Mustang ... but that was probably because I was more experienced by the time they came into my possession. '65 Grand Prix was pretty cool too as was the 1972 'boat' they called the Riviera.

Even if you're not a gear head, this video will stir the soul. There's just something about 14,000 RPM!!!

Yes!!!

Thanks for sharing. I've seen it before, but it's been a couple years.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't really all that smart then :(

I had a '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone with a 271 hp 289 ci engine in it. Picked up an Edelbrock (?) aluminum high rise intake and a 1200 cfm Holley 4 barrel carb. Had to keep de-tuning the nozzles to where when I kicked it, it would drown for only an instant and then explode. It buried the hand at 120 in 3rd gear and exploded in 4th. I can only estimate that perhaps I hit 170 mph with it. Then came the military and I parked it for pushing 4 years. When I came home I put $3700 in rebuilding the engine professionally, but it never ran as well as it did prior to the war. Probably for the best, as I'm still walking this Earth.

And, for the best I gave up on the idea of racing. But I will say that the 2005 Cadillac Deville I had was an absolute screamer - felt like I was driving a GTO.

Now I drive a 6 cylinder Ford pick-up..... It does have a bit of a punch I test occasionally :)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loooooooong live the 60s :occasion14: 007.JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0252.JPG Here is my favorite Autograph. It is the Cobra Daytona LeMans winner signed by Phil Remington Gurney and AJ Foyt Wish I had the car it is worth North of 10 million

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I wasn't really all that smart then :(

I had a '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone with a 271 hp 289 ci engine in it. Picked up an Edelbrock (?) aluminum high rise intake and a 1200 cfm Holley 4 barrel carb. Had to keep de-tuning the nozzles to where when I kicked it, it would drown for only an instant and then explode. It buried the hand at 120 in 3rd gear and exploded in 4th. I can only estimate that perhaps I hit 170 mph with it. Then came the military and I parked it for pushing 4 years. When I came home I put $3700 in rebuilding the engine professionally, but it never ran as well as it did prior to the war. Probably for the best, as I'm still walking this Earth.

And, for the best I gave up on the idea of racing. But I will say that the 2005 Cadillac Deville I had was an absolute screamer - felt like I was driving a GTO.

Now I drive a 6 cylinder Ford pick-up..... It does have a bit of a punch I test occasionally :)

I gave up the real stuff a long time ago ... get my kicks with a simulator these days. Crashes don't hurt as much, and upkeep doesn't eat my lunch.

Rfactor was lots of fun as a simulator, and close as I've ever seen a sim come to real racing. They tell me Rfactor2 is even better. Add some of the expensive toys like this, and you'd never get me to leave (not that I have or could ever afford these):

The game is Rfactor (not sure of the version) but you can have fun on almost any real track.

There are some even fancier that move on all 3 axis. Think: Jumping the railroad tracks and the feeling of falling back to earth, along with the jar from that sudden stop --- but no breaks, bruises, or repair bills.

Here's a practice lap I did on Spa Francorchamps a few years back:

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Video - Thanks for the share Deep!:headbang:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The 60's had some of the best cars ever.
I am a child of the 50's, driver of the 60's. Nothing like the sound of grabbing rubber from 2nd to 3rd and then sometimes 3rd to 4th via 4:10 rear end in a 69 Camaro. Those were good times. :hello2:

Very nice Cobra RTR. :notworthy:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 60's had some of the best cars ever.
I am a child of the 50's, driver of the 60's. Nothing like the sound of grabbing rubber from 2nd to 3rd and then sometimes 3rd to 4th via 4:10 rear end in a 69 Camaro. Those were good times. :hello2:

Very nice Cobra RTR. :notworthy:
MMMMM 69 Z28 Dover white with Black stripes 302 V8 with a four speed rock crusher. Cant get much better than that!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine was the RS version with hidden headlights. Dark green with twin white stripes. Yes, that Muncie "Rock Crusher" was awesome.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just back from a total paint job.My old 68 427 4 speed.It was hell on wheels :) 004.JPG

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a 20 year old roommate years ago who was a millionaire heir.

He bought a Ferrari and damn near destroyed it within a year! Before that, he had a 1986 Vette Convertible that he sold me when he bought the Italian. I loved that Vette!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i didn't grow up during that era boy i wish i did i like going to car shows my uncle owns a Oldsmobile 442 just sitting in his shop waiting to be put back together

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a 20 year old roommate years ago who was a millionaire heir.

He bought a Ferrari and damn near destroyed it within a year! Before that, he had a 1986 Vette Convertible that he sold me when he bought the Italian. I loved that Vette!
Its funny that most people think that the Ferrari makes the driver not the other way around. I can't tell you how many idiots fall into money, run out and buy a Ferrari, then kill themselves in it.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by against the wind
Man,, we didn't know what we had.

I still have mine. She has 50K original miles and has the original engine. Worth too much to drive much now. But I do have this that I drive very frequently.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Very nice Corvette. A 1960 ? and I spy an MGTD !

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php
You've had, ( and have ), good taste as well as trdking.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by against the wind
Man,, we didn't know what we had.

[/FONT]

I still have mine. She has 50K original miles and has the original engine. Worth too much to drive much now. But I do have this that I drive very frequently.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Very nice Corvette. A 1960 ? and I spy an MGTD !
It is a 1960 C1 Dual quad 4 speed and a kick in the pants. The MGTD is a 1952

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread