The Thrill of the ride! Ferrari Shell Commercial High Quality
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: The Thrill of the ride! Ferrari Shell Commercial High Quality

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17970 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!

The Thrill of the ride! Ferrari Shell Commercial High Quality

I was a child of the 60's forever, drag racing on the back roads at age 16 and hot cars!

This is a cool video I was sent

Can you imagine the red tape, permits, and cost to pull off this commercial? Not to mention the problems of clearing all of those streets and roads!

Ostensibly, they're selling gasoline, but the cars used in the video steal the show. Ferrari pulled several of their race cars from various ages out of storage, flew them around the world and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong, Honolulu and Monaco.

No computer graphics, these are the original cars on the original streets. The best part is the sound from the front-engine era, each scene cuts to a later generation, ending with the wail of a modern F1 car.

Even if you're not a gear head, this video will stir the soul. There's just something about 14,000 RPM!!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1_kwxzU4wL4
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6013 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    I was a child of the 60's forever, drag racing on the back roads at age 16 and hot cars!
    ... child of the 60's, driver of the 70's --- miss them cars! My most fun were a 1969 Roadrunner and a 1969 GTX that I built the engine for. They were more fun than my 1965 Mustang ... but that was probably because I was more experienced by the time they came into my possession. '65 Grand Prix was pretty cool too as was the 1972 'boat' they called the Riviera.

Even if you're not a gear head, this video will stir the soul. There's just something about 14,000 RPM!!!

Yes!!!

Thanks for sharing. I've seen it before, but it's been a couple years.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17970 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I wasn't really all that smart then

I had a '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone with a 271 hp 289 ci engine in it. Picked up an Edelbrock (?) aluminum high rise intake and a 1200 cfm Holley 4 barrel carb. Had to keep de-tuning the nozzles to where when I kicked it, it would drown for only an instant and then explode. It buried the hand at 120 in 3rd gear and exploded in 4th. I can only estimate that perhaps I hit 170 mph with it. Then came the military and I parked it for pushing 4 years. When I came home I put $3700 in rebuilding the engine professionally, but it never ran as well as it did prior to the war. Probably for the best, as I'm still walking this Earth.

And, for the best I gave up on the idea of racing. But I will say that the 2005 Cadillac Deville I had was an absolute screamer - felt like I was driving a GTO.

Now I drive a 6 cylinder Ford pick-up..... It does have a bit of a punch I test occasionally
    Chadeaux, Simon1 and trdking like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    12592 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Loooooooong live the 60s Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	1567833
    Simon1, trdking and GB1 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6514 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0252.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	1567838 Here is my favorite Autograph. It is the Cobra Daytona LeMans winner signed by Phil Remington Gurney and AJ Foyt Wish I had the car it is worth North of 10 million
    DeepseekerADS, Simon1, RTR and 1 others like this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6013 times
    Cache Hunting
    I wasn't really all that smart then

I had a '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone with a 271 hp 289 ci engine in it. Picked up an Edelbrock (?) aluminum high rise intake and a 1200 cfm Holley 4 barrel carb. Had to keep de-tuning the nozzles to where when I kicked it, it would drown for only an instant and then explode. It buried the hand at 120 in 3rd gear and exploded in 4th. I can only estimate that perhaps I hit 170 mph with it. Then came the military and I parked it for pushing 4 years. When I came home I put $3700 in rebuilding the engine professionally, but it never ran as well as it did prior to the war. Probably for the best, as I'm still walking this Earth.

And, for the best I gave up on the idea of racing. But I will say that the 2005 Cadillac Deville I had was an absolute screamer - felt like I was driving a GTO.

Now I drive a 6 cylinder Ford pick-up..... It does have a bit of a punch I test occasionally
    I gave up the real stuff a long time ago ... get my kicks with a simulator these days. Crashes don't hurt as much, and upkeep doesn't eat my lunch.

Rfactor was lots of fun as a simulator, and close as I've ever seen a sim come to real racing. They tell me Rfactor2 is even better. Add some of the expensive toys like this, and you'd never get me to leave (not that I have or could ever afford these):

The game is Rfactor (not sure of the version) but you can have fun on almost any real track.

There are some even fancier that move on all 3 axis. Think: Jumping the railroad tracks and the feeling of falling back to earth, along with the jar from that sudden stop --- but no breaks, bruises, or repair bills.

Here's a practice lap I did on Spa Francorchamps a few years back:

Last edited by Chadeaux; Mar 22, 2018 at 10:28 PM.
    DeepseekerADS, Simon1 and trdking like this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Great Video - Thanks for the share Deep!

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    43070 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    The 60's had some of the best cars ever.
    I am a child of the 50's, driver of the 60's. Nothing like the sound of grabbing rubber from 2nd to 3rd and then sometimes 3rd to 4th via 4:10 rear end in a 69 Camaro. Those were good times.

Very nice Cobra RTR.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6514 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
    The 60's had some of the best cars ever.
    I am a child of the 50's, driver of the 60's. Nothing like the sound of grabbing rubber from 2nd to 3rd and then sometimes 3rd to 4th via 4:10 rear end in a 69 Camaro. Those were good times.

Very nice Cobra RTR.
    MMMMM 69 Z28 Dover white with Black stripes 302 V8 with a four speed rock crusher. Cant get much better than that!
    Chadeaux and Simon1 like this.

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6514 times

Name:	IMG_0619.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	1568008
    GB1, Chadeaux and Simon1 like this.

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    43070 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    Mine was the RS version with hidden headlights. Dark green with twin white stripes. Yes, that Muncie "Rock Crusher" was awesome.
    trdking and Chadeaux like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    12592 times
    Just back from a total paint job.My old 68 427 4 speed.It was hell on wheels Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	308.7 KB 
ID:	1568014
    trdking, GB1 and Simon1 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    20884 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Man,, we didn't know what we had.
    trdking, Chadeaux, RTR and 1 others like this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6514 times

Name:	IMG_5180.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	1568034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5180.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	1568034
    Quote Originally Posted by against the wind View Post
    Man,, we didn't know what we had.
    I still have mine. She has 50K original miles and has the original engine. Worth too much to drive much now. But I do have this that I drive very frequently.
    GB1, Chadeaux, RTR and 1 others like this.

us
    Feb 2018
    Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
    Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
    548 times
    Had a 20 year old roommate years ago who was a millionaire heir.

He bought a Ferrari and damn near destroyed it within a year! Before that, he had a 1986 Vette Convertible that he sold me when he bought the Italian. I loved that Vette!
    GB1, trdking, RTR and 1 others like this.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    --- Isaac Asimov

Equinox 600, Equinox 800, ACE 300 (x2 for wife and young son), Garret Carrot, White's Ground Hawg, Minelab Pro-Find 35, ArchMage SoundClean 9 APTX LL Ears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links