pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Already stated why it was locked, mods must have access to all threads. I tried from 3 different p
Computters at 2 different locations, 2 had never been used to access TNet and all had issue with thread timing out, thread will be reopened when isse is corrected and mods can access it with out it timing out.

Time for an upgrade on the device TH. :)
tincans.jpg

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, it must have been my "Why I loved working in Africa" photos! Everything in Africa breaks!! LOL!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, there was one day when I just had to not check the thread out, but was having an exceptionally slow "throttled-down" day. Guess I must've missed the post(s) that caused the timeout problems. Yes, I'd have to refresh my browser screen now and then, but it was only for the pages with multiple GIFs that kept bogging me down so bad.

Sure hope the "problem" can get fixed.

...Hey, that's an idea.....what if the "problem" is with a particular GIF that was posted? Could that be?? Maybe it being processed (created into a GIF), there was a glitch in the coding(?) that some PC's have trouble working with? ...Guess that depends on if it's a single post or a series.

By the way, I remember there was some talk about how many posts-per-page each user had set. For me, it's only 15 posts-per-page and with this super-slow connection, I'd have to refresh quite often. Sometimes it happened when the page was full of JPEG's, but it was really bogged down by the GIFs. Honestly, can't even remember how well it loaded when my speed wasn't throttled, which would be a couple of weeks ago. I'll have 4G speeds again in another day or so.

Well, at least most of the thread pages are still there! ;D

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, there was one day when I just had to not check the thread out, but was having an exceptionally slow "throttled-down" day. Guess I must've missed the post(s) that caused the timeout problems. Yes, I'd have to refresh my browser screen now and then, but it was only for the pages with multiple GIFs that kept bogging me down so bad.

Sure hope the "problem" can get fixed.

...Hey, that's an idea.....what if the "problem" is with a particular GIF that was posted? Could that be?? Maybe it being processed (created into a GIF), there was a glitch in the coding(?) that some PC's have trouble working with? ...Guess that depends on if it's a single post or a series.

By the way, I remember there was some talk about how many posts-per-page each user had set. For me, it's only 15 posts-per-page and with this super-slow connection, I'd have to refresh quite often. Sometimes it happened when the page was full of JPEG's, but it was really bogged down by the GIFs. Honestly, can't even remember how well it loaded when my speed wasn't throttled, which would be a couple of weeks ago. I'll have 4G speeds again in another day or so.

Well, at least most of the thread pages are still there! ;D

That was also what I was thinking or it may has to do with replies who show the same gifs, jpg´s etc.

Btw: Some gif´s freez my entire PC when I look at them.

May it is better to delete pic´s etc between the "quote" on direct replies to avoid problems.

Anyway, where do we hit the next 500.000 views now?? :dontknow: :laughing7:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
There has been issue with some members posting inappropriate pictures and making sexual comments which violates our rules, but the reason thread was locked was to try to fix the issue with it timing out, most likely caused by all the pictures, one member posts picture then others quote that post which repeats the picture. It was timing out on me using different platforms, different desktop PCs and smart phone all having issue accessing the thread.

May it is better to tell people the exact borderline of what is a "sexual comment" or what are "inappropriate" images. So far I know there was not one nude pic posted. And it is also every time a question WHO feels offended by WHAT! Btw: I think the majority of people who look at this forum are old enough to handle it and minors get flooded with much heavier stuff when they simply go anywhere else on the net!
Some people get offended by looking on a Bikini girl, the next one gets deeply offended by looking at any war or weapon pictures! I would get very offended if someone would post pics of Merkel...
So where you will draw a line here? If I want , I find arguments about everything that it is posted anywhere. But luck for you, I am not a leftie or a liberal...
Hey, can you imagine how many archaeologist worldwide are heavy offended about the fact that this family friendly Treasury hunter forum simply exists?! :laughing7: Pray to "god" that they not find a way to shut you down or completely censor this board :occasion14:

Edit: I thought also that Mod´s has the ability to edit postings if something is against the rule. Wouldn´t it be the first thing to do to edit posts instead to shut down an entire Thread?

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I must be "Privileged" cause I'm not having any problems posting.

Me too. Never had any problems there except sometimes the like button went lost. Otherwise everything was fine, and if there would be any of this problems, why AARC, Simon, pepper and others never had the same problems?!

Edit: A bunch of friends of mine who are not members of this forum and who be located in europe, also had not one single time this "time out" or any other problem to watch the thread!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ... weird !! Hope they fix it !!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For you, AARC

peekAboo.JPG

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
May it is better to tell people the exact borderline of what is a "sexual comment" or what are "inappropriate" images. So far I know there was not one nude pic posted. And it is also every time a question WHO feels offended by WHAT! Btw: I think the majority of people who look at this forum are old enough to handle it and minors get flooded with much heavier stuff when they simply go anywhere else on the net!
Some people get offended by looking on a Bikini girl, the next one gets deeply offended by looking at any war or weapon pictures! I would get very offended if someone would post pics of Merkel...
So where you will draw a line here? If I want , I find arguments about everything that it is posted anywhere. But luck for you, I am not a leftie or a liberal...
Hey, can you imagine how many archaeologist worldwide are heavy offended about the fact that this family friendly Treasury hunter forum simply exists?! :laughing7: Pray to "god" that they not find a way to shut you down or completely censor this board :occasion14:

Edit: I thought also that Mod´s has the ability to edit postings if something is against the rule. Wouldn´t it be the first thing to do to edit posts instead to shut down an entire Thread?

There's another way of looking at this problem. I'll ask it this way.....is there anything wrong with seeing a girl in a string bikini? Answer, no. OK, what if she's in a church building on Sunday morning?? What if she's in a courthouse? ...On that note, you'd be fairly certain she's not hiding anything. *lol* What about in a grocery store? Doctor's office (no injuries/illness)?

Nobody will say that there isn't more inappropriate content elsewhere on the net that a kid of any age can access. Everyone knows it's out there. Thing is (and I've tried explaining this before), T-net isn't "THE internet"; only one website on the internet. The folks who own/run T-net have limits to be followed, as they want this site to be a respectable site, appropriate for ALL people of ALL ages. And while there isn't anything inherently wrong with some of the pics, the problem lies in defining where those boundary limits are between being acceptable and going too far. That is why I used to try and speak out about this issue, as I really like AARC's thread and wanted to see it continue without problem. Hopefully it will return!! ...But might be a good idea to not push the limits -- or at least not push the limits quite so often. I'm a guy, and very much enjoy seeing many of the pics. They don't make me uncomfortable in the slightest. However, I "do" have to wonder at times if some of them are appropriate? Me? I don't have a clue! Can't even remember the last time I looked at the link to the rules, much less read them. However, I also realize that what we post will reflect on others, especially on the owners/Mods of T-net. Personally, I don't want to do anything that may reflect poorly on them. After all, they have been gracious enough to provide us this amazing site to congregate on! :notworthy::notworthy:

Added: What I'm trying to say (in short) is, there are thousands of people who visit Tnet. I would assume that there is also a large area between the most conservatively-minded folks and the most liberally-minded folks as to what is appropriate. That's why I've said in the past how I thought it was ill-advised to push the limits. Something that's OK once or twice may not fly a dozen or more times. ...Am I still making this muddy as hell? :dontknow:

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...most likely caused by all the pictures, one member posts picture then others quote that post which repeats the picture...

Never understood why folks feel the need to repeat what we've already seen. Pretty annoying when somebody quotes a post with a dozen pictures. We just saw that! When I "reply with quote", I go through, delete any pictures and any part of the text that isn't relevant to my reply, as shown above. Maybe that feature could be modified to automatically delete any pictures attached to the post being quoted.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The offending pictures/posts were deleted, the thread was shut down because it had page errors causing problems, it was NOT, I repeat NOT shut down because of any picture, multiple mods had issues accessing the thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions