🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Did many, one was we made a dummy with jeans and long sleeve shirt on it, tied it to a rope and hung from a tree with limbs over a 2 lane road. Car comes down the road at night, swing the dummy out, car hits it then pull the dummy up in the tree out of sight as the driver gets out looking for person they thought they hit.

:metaldetector:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
One thing that has exceeded the statute of limitations, when I was 5 I stole a horse.

You absolutely sure about that "statute of limitations" thingy? (Just kidding)

But the story made me think of my grandfather (also NDN). He was a bounty hunter in Texas and the Indian Nations at one time.

I got picked up by an old man near Durant, Oklahoma while I was hitch hiking around the country back in 1980. After I told the old man where I was from, he asked if I knew so and so, (he said my grandfather's name). When I told him yes (and that he was my grandfather), he started telling me some of the same stories I had already heard. Took my wife and I (yeah, we were HH together in the early part of my crazy years) to a local cafe and fed us real good, even introduced us to his friends.

What do you know, grandpa had been telling the truth all those years ago (he had died in 1972) at about the age I am now.

Thanks for prompting that memory. Be well RGINN.

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
My uncles use to hide in bushes and throw lemon heads at the cars then they got a great idea and got a handful and threw them at a car the car backed up got out and tried to find them but they didn't mu uncles said they got very close

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BRUTAL hahahaha. Good way to just f over someones mind right there.

I was young and stupid, living in the country and bored.

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was young and stupid, living in the country and bored.

i live in the country and yea i get creative ideas what to do chop down trees and make huts with rope go to the lake and fish and sometimes may get into trouble :laughing7:

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was using broadheads target shooting in our back yard and my sister was sitting on the roof of the little cabin that was there. Told her she better move because I wasn't that good at it. Ever seen an arrow quiver in someones thigh?:laughing7:

I grew up in those wonderful years when you could buy potassium nitrate at the hardware store. Let's say you can have a lot of fun with it, but not any longer. Glad I never did anything with that. :tongue3:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was using broadheads target shooting in our back yard and my sister was sitting on the roof of the little cabin that was there. Told her she better move because I wasn't that good at it. Ever seen an arrow quiver in someones thigh?:laughing7:

I grew up in those wonderful years when you could buy potassium nitrate at the hardware store. Let's say you can have a lot of fun with it, but not any longer. Glad I never did anything with that. :tongue3:

potassium nitrate is good stuff, even better is potassium perchlorate and some aluminum powder. They should have never taught my cousin and I chemistry........Watched a big old coconut filled with the stuff lift an old car 6 inches off the ground in a field. SUPER dangerous stuff, a good static charge could set it off if you were not careful. Yet we were making it in our dorm room in college.....DUMB KIDS. Could have literally blown up half the building if something went wrong. Luckily we were smart enough to take percautions, removing all rugs and such and grounding our selfs out through the wall socket.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live in the country and yea i get creative ideas what to do chop down trees and make huts with rope go to the lake and fish and sometimes may get into trouble :laughing7:

Cousin and I would go find a tall tree in the woods and take turns, one would climb to the top, the other would cut the tree down and the one in tree would ride it down. Left tree there and returned months later to cut it up for fire wood.

We also built a HUGE tree house in a tall oak tree over a several year period, adding to it each year. It became a Tarzan style tree house with multiple rooms, porch, glass windows, door, shingle roof. We kept homemade can burners in it to be able to cook. Take a tin can about 4-6 inches wide 4-6 inches tall, roll up cardboard and put it in can so it spiraled and it reached the top of the can, then pour liquid paraffin in can. After it cooled you had a small stove for cooking, light the cardboard which then burned the wax, place it under a pot and you could cook with it. The tree house survived Hurricane Donna which surprised us as we expected it to be gone.

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro