Felines

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would venture to say that 90% of you so called hard core Dutchmen Hunters & 98% of you wannabes have never seen a mt. Lion, bobcat, & least of all an Mexican Black Panther (4 legged lol). The red skins called them GHOST WALKERS. Over 40 years ago I made my dinner from a young deer yearling keeping only the back straps knowing the rest would provide nourishment for the local varmin. Within 12/15 yards away black body yellow eyes & a growl I will never forget. A Mexican black panther I did what I had to do. believe or leave. Bless your ?? Sorry this was not in the SUPES.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the East Coast. A mountain lion lives not all that far from here. I cut down the big trees and bushes near the house to avoid giving it a stalking area. If it's in the lawn when I get home, I tear off across the huge lawn with the car to chase it in the woods.

I have no interest in any lost mine, anywhere, or legends thereto.

OP
OP
I

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure its a Mt. lion & not a hybrid house cat just asking BLESS

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chased it across the yard with my Impala. Was only 75-100' away. Big tan sucker, LONG tail, three-four times as big as a bobcat, maybe a little larger. It was stalking 5 deer who had run to my house for protection - like I'm going to let them in - not! We have bobcats here too. I had to take the bird feeder down. The bobcat was using it as a snack dispenser. Those things move like greased lightning. I have seen the mountain lion more than once, as has a friend of mine. It's tracks are HUGE. I have a Maine Coon cat that's 28 pounds. He is tiny compared to this critter.

OP
OP
I

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow good old moon shine amazing . bless

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I haven't seen any Mountain Lions up here in the Pennsylvania Wilds, but some say that they have been spotted. The Pennsylvania Wildlife & Game Commission says that there are no Mountain Lions in Pennsylvania but then goes on to say that there is a $9,000.00 fine for killing one.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would venture to say that 90% of you so called hard core Dutchmen Hunters & 98% of you wannabes have never seen a mt. Lion, bobcat, & least of all an Mexican Black Panther (4 legged lol). The red skins called them GHOST WALKERS. Over 40 years ago I made my dinner from a young deer yearling keeping only the back straps knowing the rest would provide nourishment for the local varmin. Within 12/15 yards away black body yellow eyes & a growl I will never forget. A Mexican black panther I did what I had to do. believe or leave. Bless your ?? Sorry this was not in the SUPES.
Sounds like a Ferry Tale ...does mommy know your on the computer sonny ?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I haven't seen any Mountain Lions up here in the Pennsylvania Wilds, but some say that they have been spotted. The Pennsylvania Wildlife & Game Commission says that there are no Mountain Lions in Pennsylvania but then goes on to say that there is a $9,000.00 fine for killing one.

most of the sighting of the ones in pa or ny areas are just mountain lions passing through looking for new territory.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have then around here for years now red wolf too, a couple of farmers see them...have paw prints in my creek.

Last edited:

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Wild animals are adapting more and more with life close to man.
I live barely outside Baltimore City, and we often see deer on the fields of the local high school and golf course. We had a deer killed at a major intersection where the vultures gathered while traffic slowed and gawked. We have a hawk that settles on the power wires at the far end of our property at dusk to hunt rodents.
I see more wildlife now then when I was younger and living in a more rural area.

owlcreek

Jan 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He didn't see me first. 20161210_093825.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread