Reality Treasure and Exploration Shows - Real or not ?

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, I like your new avatar. Class Reunion picture ?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
high school yearbook pic

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
You looked so serious back then. :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a lot on my shoulders

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The only problem is reality shows are not reality.
========================
Getting to be so true. As I had said in an earlier post, when the producers are threatened to bring more drama to the show, it takes an ugly turn. Making anonymous phone calls with totally fabricated rumors in order to provoke "on screen" re-actions is crap.
I like the Superstition Mountain show and it showed to what extent the producers would go to stir the pot. It was never proved, but during one episode the guys thought it odd that "someone" was always one step ahead of them in planting things. Like we learned Woody was kind of superstitious and then these red hand prints started turning up. Then the guys determined that the red paint was FRESH and someone was playing them. The guys, I liked, the production crew - not so much.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The guys from the Superstition Mountains show have a you tube channel ... they are continuing, but without the scripting and the rest. Just hunting.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might as well watch the inane "survivor" shows. All those shows are BS. American Diggers at least had guys finding real junk and a few decent finds, but their ID of some stuff was ludicrous. "Could have been" from this or that event is useless nonsense. If you like that kind of entertainment so be it, but many of those shows are just that, they never intend to find anything, just make money selling shows to TV networks. Pickers and Pawn Stars at least have some really cool stuff and actual values although I saw the PS guys pay 600 bucks for a fake knife so I have to wonder. The storage shows give prices that nobody anywhere would pay for a lot of what they find, more BS. CW Gold is total BS, Oak Island close behind, ditto Josh Gates.

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the turning point for me was the disappointment after all the hype for "The Billion Dollar Wreck ". This show gave me a wake up call. :BangHead: View attachment 1576342

I saw some big saturation diving outfit out of Norway? signed on to dive on the RMS Republic. What I read sounded legit and I think they're diving this summer. I haven't closed the book on that one yet. I figure it would be entertaining either way, whether they find a ton of $$$ or not. Cool if it's all still in that ship. Still entertaining if it's not, after all the guy went through trying to convince everyone he was right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread