RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AARC,

I checked his profile and he doesn't seem to have an email option so we'll have to wait to see if he pops in.

Regards + HH

Bill

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_7809.JPG I havnt been posting much of my logging exploits lately but we are cutting fast and furiously. I would sometimes ride the adrenaline rush from shark fishing and go straight to the log lot and cut wood till 10:30- 11:00 pm. We made our first sale of wood the other day !!! Wooo hooo !! Heres a large sabicu log getting its top cut done. The first piece is 3 15/16 thick and 14 feet long. Havnt measured width but its 20+ inches wide.it took 4 men to move the first plank.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread seems to be "acting up" like the RPT did.

Vids black still.

Load is scripted.

Bah ! I give up.

Sheesh.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_7812.JPG we had a neighbor come and insert himself right into our operation. Hes cutting for us almost everyday and its been great. He works hard and has become a great friend over the last few months. We are cutting slabs for a potential buyer. He may buy a large amount of wood from us soon. This is alot of fun for us and we all enjoy hanging out at the log lot and cutting wood. We usually cut till 8 or 9 and then drink till10 or 11. our log lot and outdoor shops are expanding quickly, and we are starting to make a name for ourselves in the exotic wood world.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes I did make the top cut in my flip flops !! Not the safest logging attire. But thats why they call us the flip flop logging co. Lol !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-856.JPG I gave this log a push with my foot and it rolled right off the side of the flatbed and landed on the dunnage perfectly. Cutting by the street got us a lot of attention and we made 2 posibe contacts for sales. People are amazed at the process and often stop to watch.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blak Bart,

Yeah the flip flops are not the safest attire. A real story for you my oldest brother was a couple of miles from the road with a chain saw cutting firewood.

First off he's probably approx 75 or 80 years old at the time all alone and no chaps for leg protection. He's cutting wood and hits a knot and the saw kicks back and gives him a nasty gash. He was at least calm enough to apply a tournequet to stop the blood walked out of the woods and drove himself to the hospital.

Let's just say I gave him the height of hell for behaving so stupidly.

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,
Since the warmer weather is finally here we'll be having some roasted corn and garlic salsa tonight with some toasted tortilla triangles and some stuffed jalapeno peppers with cream cheese.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
here is some finds from the mill that amber snuff jar and a first for me a old stirrup i was really excited i was looking on the internet and i think its a rare one i'm really excited now P1100185.JPG P1100181.JPG P1100179.JPG P1100176.JPG P1100175.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Here's the finished product made it just before lunch to let the flavors mix before supper.

Attachments

• DSC02464.JPG
    DSC02464.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 43

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gold boy,

Looks like you hit pay dirt first the intact snuff bottle then the old stirrup. I'm not an expert of restoring iron but one option is the soak it in apple cider vinegar to help get the outer layers of rust off.

Maybe hold off though and wait for Tom to chime in since he's way more expert at this stuff than I am.

Regards+HH

Bill

here is some finds from the mill that amber snuff jar and a first for me a old stirrup i was really excited i was looking on the internet and i think its a rare one i'm really excited now View attachment 1585198 View attachment 1585199 View attachment 1585200 View attachment 1585201 View attachment 1585202

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread seems to be "acting up" like the RPT did.

Vids black still.

Load is scripted.

Bah ! I give up.

Sheesh.

It is a YT problem today! Vid´s load very very slowly. Has nothing to do with the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions