RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-

Bullets are too large and heavy! With air pressure you don´t get enough speed to .50 on any longer ranges. So just an expensive toy and nothing else.

.22 with such pressure and a good formed bullet would be an other thing :icon_thumright: Bigger is not always better when it comes to rifles and hunting.

Really ? Watch this @ 8:16 into the vid.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Don't ride and drink. Primitive roadblock.:laughing7: c3883b7917bb4661469d210ada00ca94.gif :laughing9:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Got a buddy that kills beaver at 100 yards or more with his .30 cal. With night scope.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
good morning and happy birthday to Tom and Bill :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

-

VERY short range Buddy! Watch the bullet trail (air) when it comes out of the gun on the right side. This was just a few yards!! :laughing7:

On 100 yards the Hog just wipes off the dust and laugh on you :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a buddy that kills beaver at 100 yards or more with his .30 cal. With night scope.

-

Yes, there is a "little" difference between 7.85 mm and 12.7 mm. You get a complete different speed if the bullet is smaller and not as heavy.

Question is if the bullet still penetrate on 100 yards or if you just knock the beaver out.

My .177 is very close to sonic speed and it can penetrate a filled food can at 100 Meters with a pointed pellet. The flat fronted pellets don´t work there because they loose to much speed.

I like the new air rifles up to 6 mm pellets and with this round mags. Must be fun to shot with them.

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
-

VERY short range Buddy! Watch the bullet trail (air) when it comes out of the gun on the right side. This was just a few yards!! :laughing7:

On 100 yards the Hog just wipes off the dust and laugh on you :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

-

Just watched it again and he shot him right in the eye. The dust you see in the background did n´t comes from the bullet but from the leg it moved when it got shot. The bullet did n´t even penetrate completely as it is to see behind the hog. On that short range you get the same result with a slingshot and an 9 mm steel ball :laughing7:

I know you like large calibers but don´t get fooled here. On longer ranges the animals just will suffer many pain if you don´t kill it directly with the shot!
In my opinion air guns with this caliber should be forbidden for hunting.

But what can I say... as long it is allowed in the US to hunt with AR15 and stuff and just make massacres on large groups of hogs, who cares about this air rifles :dontknow:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
-

Yes, there is a "little" difference between 7.85 mm and 12.7 mm. You get a complete different speed if the bullet is smaller and not as heavy.

Question is if the bullet still penetrate on 100 yards or if you just knock the beaver out.

My .177 is very close to sonic speed and it can penetrate a filled food can at 100 Meters with a pointed pellet. The flat fronted pellets don´t work there because they loose to much speed.

I like the new air rifles up to 6 mm pellets and with this round mags. Must be fun to shot with them.

I've seen it in person. My bud has nailed um in the head at 60 yrs. Best to hunt beaver at night. He's got the weapons to do it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread