RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone have any experience with getting a website like yelp to remove a review that is chock full of libel?
Yelps website says that business owners have ZERO means or ability to have bad reviews removed.
This is an ex employee who is making these bogus statements everywhere.
I don't really want to hire a lawyer to write a letter. Too expensive.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,

Looks great so far....at first I thought you were rebuilding the pyramid from the first picture.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

That would keep you busy for a few centuries....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

-

correct! But I would like to restore the chambers under it!! There are hundreds of this tiles since more than 100 years in museums, private collections (include mine) who got this tiles.
I would like to pick them all up and replace them in the chambers like it was 4.600 years ago and make it open for the public.

Hey, some guys saved it from inside because crumbling blocks in the burial chamber:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably drives an overly large lifted pickup truck too. :laughing7:

I have no clue what you guys are talking about:laughing7: I haven't caught up yet...............I have an oversized gun and a overly sized lifted truck(even has stacks that I haven't removed yet)..:laughing7: Ohhh wait...those sayings might be true..I probably shouldn't admit these things on the net.:icon_scratch:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any experience with getting a website like yelp to remove a review that is chock full of libel?
Yelps website says that business owners have ZERO means or ability to have bad reviews removed.

Man that sucks...And not even sure how I would handle that. I guess it depends on how much damage or lost business they are causing you...Weigh it out and look for options in that direction. It may be easier to start pushing for or asking the good customers to write good reviews. Explain what is going on to them and a lot of times people are willing to help. These things suck because anyone can write reviews and it can be as simple as a ticked off neighbor trying to bring you down or cause problems.

People won't go out of their way to just go in and put a good review...But someone that is mad or wants to create problems will go out of their way to write a bad review. So the good customers may not even think about giving a good review unless asked. The loyal people should have no problem in helping to promote they just need asked.

I'm just thinking it may be easier to push for new positive then to waste time,energy,money on bad ones. This would probably depend on a lot...The person giving bad reviews will get bored of it sooner or later.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

They want you to claim your business page (including a picture of yourself) to be able to respond publicly , or to respond directly. I don't like the add a picture part...But to be able to actively "manage " reviews it seems being stuck in that web is required to flag a post to bring it to Yelps attention..
Number of posts on a site factors too. Something about "filters".
https://www.yelp-support.com/article/Will-Yelp-remove-a-false-or-defamatory-review?l=en_US

Another article .
https://hookseo.com/much-ado-nothing-handle-fake-reviews/

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike,

Suggest you just point out to yelp about the libelous reviews. They must have someone that monitors what's posted on their site or at least reviews them when someone points it out. It's worth a shot.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no clue what you guys are talking about:laughing7: I haven't caught up yet...............I have an oversized gun and a overly sized lifted truck(even has stacks that I haven't removed yet)..:laughing7: Ohhh wait...those sayings might be true..I probably shouldn't admit these things on the net.:icon_scratch:

-

CAUGHT !!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• depositphotos_14301365-stock-photo-woman-with-magnifying-glass.jpg
    depositphotos_14301365-stock-photo-woman-with-magnifying-glass.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 36

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

Thanks for the chuckles....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: just to show how fanatical the Italians are when it comes to food.

One of my nephews got married to a lady of Italian descent and his mother in law Maria makes lasagna the way she learned from her mother and was passed down for generations.

Well she spends a couple of hours making these miniature meatballs about the size of your thumbnail on the small finger to go into the lasagna.

This is one of her standard offerings when we have a family gathering....when I ask her why doesn't she make the lasagna with ground meat in the sauce she answers the mini meatballs taste better....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other