RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do people keep animals if they won't take care of them ?
20190413_122838_HDR.jpg
That's a two inch thick, eight inch long mat that was matted all the way to the skin!
Poor Kitty!
She feels better now!
"She won't let me brush her"
She lets me...gotta be the dominant alpha.

Mike

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning all!

Bill, may your goodie bag far out weight the trash bag!
I hope you finds are spectacular!

WD his device may have a slightly different screen display. My phone does.

At 3 am i found a site that may help with info on my newly acquired physical problems! Yea!!!
Now if i don't accidently take it down trying to log on...[emoji15] [emoji16] [emoji1]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Good point Beep! You are using Tapatalk. It says so when you post. I used to use it. I believe there is a setting that gives you a choice of saying that you are using it our not. So he might be.

Also, since it is a new ipad, he might be using a newer browser and those don't always play well with Tnet.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you BC i appreciate your prayers.

WD, that and different icon arrangements.
My son says my phone is out dated & soon won't be able to talk to anything on the net.
....i haven't even gotten use to it yet! I don't know half of what it does.
This will make you laugh.
I have one foot in the new tap a talk T-Net app, the orange one. And one foot in the old gold/black one....one foot one each log going down the river!
At some point they will split!
...splash!!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HBP, watch the videos. Youtube has a lot for Table rock lake walleye fishing.

Wow, I really should have thught of that :(
Was always more a bass, catfish, trout fisherman. Had a three or four boats. Jon boats, an aluminum v bottom.
A 14 foot flat bottom is not something you want out on the main lake cause spme of those idiots can swamp you.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is deep!
Casting a jig would have your offering near the dock on a mellow cast.
Not a crime though.

Half a minnow on the jig is worth a try. Or a whole minnow if not too large.
Stinger hooks help on short strikes. There are fancy ones available , but I just tie a piece of mono to the hook ,or jig eye ,then tie another hook about 2-3 inches longer than the other hook. That allows a hook in the rear of your offering...

I have done that with a night crawler too on lake walleye.

Conditioned crawlers outfish those bought at most bait shops.
While black and white newspaper will work ,I like the brown paper towels from rolls on restroom dispensers. (Damned tourists nabbing paper!)

A shallow container (sour cream or similar ,without sour cream in it) and paper torn into reasonable leaf sized pieces ,(or roughly two inch squarish pieces are fine too)
that are damp but not wet. Squeeze excess water out real good. Otherwise crawlers get full of water and squirt when you hook em.

Fill the container with loose pieces of paper and put a dozen healthy crawlers on top.
Then put them in the fridge on top shelf. (heat rises so it should be warmer there.)
Don't want it so cold the crawlers go dormant.

In three days or so they will be cleaned out of poop and starting to gain strength.
Change paper bedding if it looks dirty or soiled.
Another day or two and you should have conditioned crawlers you can hook and when cast gently and dropped to bottom and tension is drawn up on your line , a rod tip can be watched as the crawler struts it's stuff. Even looks like a fish is biting at times they are so strong!

Let a walleye take the crawler a few feet ,(you'll have to give it line) before hooking it , if you miss the first couple trying to hook them right away.

A slip float with a stop knot.... to suspend your crawler just above bottom might be the way to go too if the wind is not up.

Pardon the edit: Rare call from a sister..

Crawlers need air.
I use the smallest ,or near , hole on a leather punch to vent the container lid.

Crawlers that fight you when you try to hook them beat wimpy crawlers a hundred times over for walleye.
They last too under water.

There are folks that shock the poop out of them by tossing them on ice , but that does not build muscle and longevity.
Only keeps boat carpet cleaner.

Catching ,storing ,raising and feeding crawlers is a whole nother subject.
But come summer dry spells , a dozen conditioned crawlers can make a great difference in success.

Your waters near that dock might have catfish competing with walleye.
Not a bad thing , and they will take a crawler.
If they out number walleye by a large margin though , pieces of chicken liver as bait will save using up your crawlers.

Thanks for all the info! I'm gonna save this. We don't get large minnows for sale in the bait shops often.
There is one thing I like to do is sharpen hooks no matter what I'm fishing for.
There have been cats caught off that dock-I wouldn't complain if I caught one.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since *somebody* posted Rick Springfield and the only song in the history of the universe to contain the word "moot", I'm going to post this guy.:icon_pale:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread