RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Sis, I think Tom tried to unload a cheap size ice cream cone on you, I apologize for his bad judgement, ( lack of FRESH coffee ), and I would like to offer you this ice cream cone fit for a queen. ( How am I doing so far ? )

this is what you should have gotten Everything in Germany is "smaller" :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

-

Buddy, yours just got an extension under it (one yard!!) :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Also my ice cream looks more tasty ! :hello:

Germans always look for quality not quantity! :icon_thumright:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Tom, we will call this a draw. Kinda like we had to do with the biggest telescope and then the smallest telescope.
Toms favorite beer.png
I will offer you this beer as a truce :notworthy:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
It is amazing how much the rivers like the Missouri and Mississippi changes course. Who would expect to find a ship 80 miles from the nearest river ? Reminds me of that movie Sahara where they find that iron clad over in Africa ? But that was fiction, but still ships far from water ? Also like that lost ship of pearls, (Lost Ship of the Mojave ).

-

80 miles is just a little bit far! I bet it is not that one of the nearest rivers changed so much but was a river which runs dry. Could it be ?

May a side arm of one of the larger rivers. :dontknow:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, Missouri River stretches 2,341 miles and runs 35 - 40 feet deep.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, never seen a whole truck of it, I might have to tell my wife I have to work late a few weeks and come over and admire your taste.:occasion14:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, the Missouri River borders my state on one side and the Mississippi River on the other. There was once an earthquake that was so strong it caused the Mississippi River to actually flow "backwards". The Mississippi River is anywhere from 9-12 foot deep up to 60 feet at New Orleans. It is 2,348 miles long.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It is getting late so I have to go. Good night and good morning everyone !

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Rook, that was from the Missouri River between Nebraska and Iowa.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, the Missouri River borders my state on one side and the Mississippi River on the other. There was once an earthquake that was so strong it caused the Mississippi River to actually flow "backwards". The Mississippi River is anywhere from 9-12 foot deep up to 60 feet at New Orleans. It is 2,348 miles long.

-

That makes sense if a river takes a complete different way.

What I mean was that a river don´t "carve" it´s way in such a short time over 80 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread