Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1487 of 2077 FirstFirst ... 487987138714371477148514861487148814891497153715871987 ... LastLast
Results 22,291 to 22,305 of 31148
Like Tree169614Likes

Thread: RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    16735 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by GibH View Post
    I've only just saw this. I am so sorry dig. I know exactly what you are going through. If you need anything, let me know.
    This is also the first this very sad thing has come to my attention. I'm so very sorry Digg's and all I can do is grieve with you, over such an ordeal you're going through. My prayers are for you and that you will in time pull through it all.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    17322 times
    My first car was a 666 Ford Falcon. L-50 tires on fancy rims for summer to compliment the manual (armstrong) steering.
    Royal blue or whatever blue they were.
    Got along pretty well with that eras engines. 20 dollars was the princely sum for a Maverick I ran awhile. That one had a story , but they all did.
    Could work on them anyways , and keep them happy.

Almost above freezing here. Yesterdays ice is taking it's toll on trees ,and ambition. Raining now and adding to the ice.
    Did cover the steps for the dogs with a tarp last night after getting the ice off. That helped this morning but had to saw between deck boards in a couple places to drain water....
    Ice fills the cracks.

Had a 66 Chevelle too. I ended up with inline six cylinders usually. An economy of price thing. Fords 200. Chevys 194. Good little engines that could , and did!

Ford had a V-4 in England and elsewhere that had promise. Vibration/balance had to be addressed and only about one company tuned it well. An Italian one maybe?
    Still some running generators and pumps ,per rumors...
    Front wheel drive era put the damper on seeing them used here in the U.S. but I had hopes at one time.

Turning engines at an angle helped fit them into smaller compartments better. That may have factored in the V-4's development , or non development going forward too.
    So the sixes filled the niche they had been. Till unibodies and such crap became the latest and greatest.

Miss simple to tune engines. Real frames under vehicles. Fenders strong enough you could mount a foot peg on and stand on. Steel and chrome....
    Carbon based computer attached to the wheel when seated and driving...

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    16735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    My old man had a Corvair. . I don't recall ever riding in it. He told me about the oversteer, once you learn how to handle the touchy steering you can make a turn faster than any forward engine car. That's how come they put the engine in the back on Cart/Indy and F1 racing cars.

Without getting into politics(Ha!) I read part of Ralph Nader's book about the Corvair. Book was called Unsafe at Any Speed. Well yeah it was unsafe if you tried to drive it like a car with understeer. And, just who the heck is Nader to say government should ban a car design? It should be up to the consumer.

And another Freaking thing!!! What's the deal with mandatory air bags? I got in a wreck once and the dang air bag pushed my lips back so hard my teeth went through my lower lip. Another time I hit a deer and both airbags deployed. The truck was considered totaled because it would have cost more to fix the airbags than the truck was worth. What a Freaking racket! So, America is a free country, but you ain't free to buy a new car without airbags, because your government thinks they can save you from yourself!? Poppycock and other deleted expletives!
    I from time to time look at the old Corvair's for sale on Craigslist. Yeah, Nader was the founding father of sh!t stirrers who felt a need to bring the strength of our American might and industry to it's knees. Now they're everywhere. I just can't figure out why they do that? To me if they don't like the ways that made us and will continue to make us who we are, why don't they just go elsewhere?. I think it's all for drawing attention to themselves and gaining recondition. They just want others to do it the ways they conjure up in their heads and believe in things there no proof on all for notoriety.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8635 times
    Traded around and had one of these. Engine was mucked up. Sexy as all get out. Should have kept it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fl0116-227386_12@2x.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	1678339Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1678339
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8635 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    I from time to time look at the old Corvair's for sale on Craigslist. Yeah, Nader was the founding father of sh!t stirrers who felt a need to bring the strength of our American might and industry to it's knees. Now they're everywhere. I just can't figure out why they do that? To me if they don't like the ways that made us and will continue to make us who we are, why don't they just go elsewhere?. I think it's all for drawing attention to themselves and gaining recondition. They just want others to do it the ways they conjure up in their heads and believe in things there no proof on all for notoriety.
    Think a lot of it is a mental issue. Some people like rules because they are too weak to do anything on their own.
    For over a century the progressives have worked to destroy the Constitution. They can pretend otherwise but this is the goal.
    In my opinion we are past fixing things by voting. Vote until your arm falls off and nothing will change.
    Why do large corporations support those who want more rules. Because they can afford to deal with it.
    The person in their garagewith an idea cannot afford to comply. Innovation and invention are being strangled.
    Duckshot, AARC, Lunch Bag and 1 others like this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    16124 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Traded around and had one of these. Engine was mucked up. Sexy as all get out. Should have kept it.

ID:	1678339Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1678339
    i would drive it
    Hoping to join the Marines one day

'Give me liberty or death'. Patrick Henry

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4329 times
    This was my first car. (Not this exact one..image from interweb) The motor was blown so we put a 455 olds in it. Just had T-tops put in it. Got my license and drove it to school for the first time. My mom told me not to drive to school the "back way' (s-curves)..I didn't. I drove home the back way chasing some girls with my buddy standing up out of the T-tops...lost control on the curve, over corrected and straight into a massive oak tree. Last thing I saw was my side view mirror flying into the field. I woke up on the other side of the road with my teeth pushed through my lower lip from biting the steering wheel and a massive forehead/windshield concussion. My buddy had pulled me across the road and I asked why. He pointed to my car, which was now engulfed in flames as well as the tree and surrounding trees and field. I didn't get another car for over a year and a half and was forced to ride the bus up until the end of my senior year as punishment. Never bought another car for myself since then, always been a jacked up truck or jeep guy. And I did roll a '68 scout, but that was a little more fun...lol

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    16124 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    mu uncle has a 442 sitting in his shop with all the parts still new in the plastic wrap. i would like to the drive the thing. Then again i would probably get in trouble

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    22451 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gold boy View Post
    mu uncle has a 442 sitting in his shop with all the parts still new in the plastic wrap. i would like to the drive the thing. Then again i would probably get in trouble
    Oldsmobile 442? A buddy of mine had one and it was a Bad machine.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    30712 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    lairmo,

Well you have to admit the finished product is stunning whether or not it's profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by lairmo View Post
    Finished product. We'll never build one again he says...lol There's more money in it than we'll get out of it.

us
    Jan 2016
    NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
    4888 times
    I have one of these sitting in my driveway that still has the factory 318

My Great Uncle bought it new, and it was my dads daily driver when he passed away. I just fire it up a few times per year to drive it to the car wash and keep the fluids circulated.

Name:	th(7).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	1678350

Name:	20170731_191323.jpg 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	1678351
    “During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” Mark Twain

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill from lachine View Post
    lairmo,

Well you have to admit the finished product is stunning whether or not it's profitable.
    Thanks but it's mostly my buddy's project. I was just the helper. That stonecoat epoxy is HIGH!!! I wish I had the pics of it in the dark with an LED rope light under it..now that looks pretty cool!...lol

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    16124 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by rook3434 View Post
    Oldsmobile 442? A buddy of mine had one and it was a Bad machine.
    yes.
    it is a white one

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    22451 times
    Finished product. We'll never build one again he says...lol There's more money in it than we'll get out of it.

Turned out really nice. Congratulations.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    22451 times
    This was my first car. (Not this exact one..image from interweb) The motor was blown so we put a 455 olds in it. Just had T-tops put in it. Got my license and drove it to school for the first time. My mom told me not to drive to school the "back way' (s-curves)..I didn't. I drove home the back way chasing some girls with my buddy standing up out of the T-tops...lost control on the curve, over corrected and straight into a massive oak tree. Last thing I saw was my side view mirror flying into the field. I woke up on the other side of the road with my teeth pushed through my lower lip from biting the steering wheel and a massive forehead/windshield concussion. My buddy had pulled me across the road and I asked why. He pointed to my car, which was now engulfed in flames as well as the tree and surrounding trees and field. I didn't get another car for over a year and a half and was forced to ride the bus up until the end of my senior year as punishment. Never bought another car for myself since then, always been a jacked up truck or jeep guy. And I did roll a '68 scout, but that was a little more fun...lol
    Cool looking car.
    gold boy, lairmo, Duckshot and 4 others like this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links