RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Guys, WHERE the heck is the Coriolis effect ? ? ?

LOL these guys are NUTS ! That 660 grain bullet is a beast.Originally designed as a antiaircraft round.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It rained most of the night. At midnight it really poured, then got light until 330 am when it poured again till 5 am. Not sure how many inches have come down here in keylargo, but its got to be quite a bit !! Not raining now but very dark and dead still right now.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here.In the last 5 days we have had way over a foot of rain.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i have had no rain its as dry as the desert

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....there so much humidity in the air that you can cut it with a knife. Mosquitos are gonna boom in the next week. There is a long road that spans the shallow swamps as you enter the keys. We call this the 18 mile stretch. If you ever get a flat tire in the night on this stretch, do yourself a favor and call AAA and stay in the car. Do not get out and attempt to change your flat. You will be sucked dry in a matter of minutes. If you survive this flat tire you will surely have a case of zika, West Nile virus, or dengae fever !! It truly is something from a horror film or nightmare to breakdown on this stretch of road.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow....there so much humidity in the air that you can cut it with a knife. Mosquitos are gonna boom in the next week. There is a long road that spans the shallow swamps as you enter the keys. We call this the 18 mile stretch. If you ever get a flat tire in the night on this stretch, do yourself a favor and call AAA and stay in the car. Do not get out and attempt to change your flat. You will be sucked dry in a matter of minutes. If you survive this flat tire you will surely have a case of zika, West Nile virus, or dengae fever !! It truly is something from a horror film or nightmare to breakdown on this stretch of road.

rub you skin with cold pressed (genuine!) black caraway oil! No mosquito's, no ticks !!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys, while searching for "no Coriolis effect" because the first video I posted a page before, I found this funny one! I was laughing so badly that my stomach still hurts :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now its turning into stormy weather !!! Sideways blowing rain at 25 kts. Man....3 days + of rain starts to get old !!!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Still stuck here, should have been home by now, and was going to be home for 3 weeks. Now it would appear that I am remaining here for another week, and the entire week in Germany again.

Anyway, made the most of it today and went MDing. I am at the Hyatt in Mainz and went around to various parks today for some MDing, 87 Euro in coins, even found some US coins, but that is fairly normal in this State. Got 8 rings, all where silver, nothing special really, no bling, 1 bracelet, one necklass. Found some item I will need to test as well for gold, ear ring backs. LOL Yeah I know, but it adds up. From my experience most gold looking ear ring backs I found in Germany test positive for gold compared to other places like Spain, Italy.

No idea on weight for anything, I do not travel with a scale. But next Friday when I am done in Germany I am headed down to our house in Italy and my wife and kids are just going to fly over and hang out with me. So I can weigh it down there.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i don't know how you travel like that i couldn't do it but nice finds

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have they gotten back with you?

Hopeing to here from them tomorrow ECS just sent them some more pics photo-871.JPG
IMG_7606.JPG
IMG_7607.JPG IMG_7608.JPG
I dont know how to make a guitar but if I did I would want to make it from this wood !!! Its beautiful !! Remember this is what it looks like rough sawn with a chain saw !! Top pic is sanded and oiled, bottom 3 are rough sawn.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought several guitars because of the appearance and species of the wood. :icon_thumright:
Those you have pictured would make great solid body guitars. :thumbsup:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blak Bart,

I hope that Gibson buyer takes a big wack of that wood off your hands for a good price. That'll give you a good push towards making the business profitable and debt free.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
had a look online at the lutheir wood shops, tonewood shops, heck even ebay.

That one rough cut you keep showing, to me hands down has everything I has currently seen for sale beat.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your thinking bill !!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had a look online at the lutheir wood shops, tonewood shops, heck even ebay.

That one rough cut you keep showing, to me hands down has everything I has currently seen for sale beat.

I didnt even realize I had 3 shots of the same piece, I think there are 7-8 slabs like that, and several other whole and slabbed logs of the same stock that are just incredible pieces. They usally send someone to check through it all and cherry pick your piles. At least they did for another guy I know who used to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread