RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I took this drag net piece for my drift wood furniture projects. This piece is called the sock or pocket. There was a small piece of line that ties the bottom shut, when the net is full you pull in the pocket and untie the line and the catch pours out on deck. I use the things I find in my pieces....heres a piece I need to finish...its made from 3 port holes I dove up. All the rest I found beach combing, and any square copper nails and hardware I metal detected. Just have to put the mirrors in the portholes to finish this driftwood piece. View attachment 1714453
View attachment 1714455
I'll stop by the glass shop tomorrow and finally finish this piece.

You found a piece of the SS Minnow.:laughing7: Where's your fish thread.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the best bottle of all was this plastic one "LITTLE KRUGY" 20190520_214810.jpg wtf !! Its a liquor drink in a bottle shaped like a sperm !! I'm scared to open it because that's what looks like is in there...wtf...I'll let you guys Google it. I'm pretty sure it says made in Germany Tom !! 20190520_214832.jpg look its little krugy !!! 20190520_214852.jpg I'm always amazed at the stuff I find beach combing.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I always pick up the fishing lures out there to put on my fence. Got 5 last time View attachment 1714463 theres so much stuff out here.....its crazy !! 20190518_135351.jpg
20190518_133715.jpg 20190518_123141.jpg
20190520_214741.jpg

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost every time I go metal detecting I dig a plug and an appalling big orange/red beatle with long legs that are pawing the air in in the hole and I have to disregard my fear of bugs and pull it out and toss it out of my sight with my spade. Ugg!!! Shiver shiver!!! Yesterday I found half of one in my hole... I look over and the other half is beside the hole and... it's LEGS WERE MOVING!!! I almost screamed... I felt so sick. I can't get that picture out of my mind... I am always worried that one day one will fling in my face as I dig out the dirt.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great bottle, Bart! You are very artistic and creative with your finds. :notworthy:

Why am I not surprised that “Little Krugy “ Is from Germany? :tongue3::dontknow::laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost every time I go metal detecting I dig a plug and an appalling big orange/red beatle with long legs that are pawing the air in in the hole and I have to disregard my fear of bugs and pull it out and toss it out of my sight with my spade. Ugg!!! Shiver shiver!!! Yesterday I found half of one in my hole... I look over and the other half is beside the hole and... it's LEGS WERE MOVING!!! I almost screamed... I felt so sick. I can't get that picture out of my mind... I am always worried that one day one will fling in my face as I dig out the dirt.

Hello Mvgirl. Welcome to the RCT. Sorry but I’m laughing at your post! :laughing9: I guess because I can visualize it all too well!
We have to be tough when we dirt fish!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mvgirl,

Welcome to the thread....the creepy crawlers come with the territory when you detect....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread