RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've done some stupid stuff. over the years. Making a ramp out of a air hockey table, power sliding on a bike down a rock hill.to have to bike slip out from under me while wearing shorts. So much stuff to do. so little time :laughing7:

Oh...That had to hurt.

I have done MANY a stupid thing before. I think one of the dumbest was jumping my bike off of ramps. Each ramp was higher than the next, and on a gravel driveway no less.

One day, I was jumping my bike in a t-shirt and shorts, and I jumped of the ramp with my front wheel way to high. The back wheel bounced, throwing me off, and onto the ground. I slid two feet in the gravel before the bike came crashing down right on top of me.

I sat there for a few moments, looking at a small blood pool in the gravel, and just thought to myself, "okay, now what went wrong?". Never mind that I am bleeding to death, but I am wondering what I did lol!

Then I thought to myself..."how am I going to explain all this blood all over me to my mom?".

Both handbrakes were broken, the seat was torn, the one pedal fell off and it all happened when it fell on me. I bled a lot, with cuts in the arms, hands, knee's and abdomen, plus bruises, scrapes and a big knot on my head. I have no clue how I got THAT messed up, when I only fell five feet from mid air...

btw, all the girls at Lowes were asking me what happened. I sat and stared at them, then thought I'd be an a$$ by saying. "War. Is a terrible thing..." LOL

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally a nice cool day to start working in the garage. Gonna replace the rear fender 'stone guards' they take a beating.This 3M-1080 series vinyl wrap is a perfect color match, for the body.
>> https://www.metrorestyling.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GLOSS1080G217 Starting with wax paper. Be a Couple more days until the wrap is delivered 003.JPG
I had the hard top wrapped a couple years ago in the same stuff,so I know its a match.Once its done you wont even be able to see it :) 010.JPG

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally a nice cool day to start working in the garage. Gonna replace the rear fender 'stone guards' they take a beating.This 3M-1080 series vinyl wrap is a perfect color match, for the body.
>> https://www.metrorestyling.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GLOSS1080G217 Starting with wax paper. Be a Couple more days until the wrap is delivered View attachment 1718944
I had the hard top wrapped a couple years ago in the same stuff,so I know its a match.Once its done you wont even be able to see it :) View attachment 1718947

Add some bigger wheel flares , and some running boards , you might not get so many stone chips if you keep it under 20 klics per hour...

PhilMcConnell-Triumph-Spitfire-AB.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Transferred to thicker paper to make a template... 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My "battle plate". These bullets were recovered on battlefields either on private property with permission, or before the battlefields were made into parks.

The battles include:

Fredericksburg

Chancellorsville

Antietam

Gettysburg

the Wilderness

Kearnstown

Charles Town

Petersburg

DSC_0836.jpg

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to fill this plate and others to the edges with battle bullets.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My "battle plate". These bullets were recovered on battlefields either on private property with permission, or before the battlefields were made into parks.

The battles include:

Fredericksburg

Chancellorsville

Antietam

Gettysburg

the Wilderness

Kearnstown

Charles Town

Petersburg

View attachment 1719024

Imagine that. Someone that metal detects here. Good job.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There is always a non team player.:laughing7: FB06BDC6-CFC7-48A6-B37F-C41157B7CD14.gif :laughing9:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Imagine that. Someone that metal detects here. Good job.

I metal detect, but I have only been at it for six full days. I have done good, but not that good. :laughing7:

Some were found by my dad, and some I have bought. In my catalog, I have which bullet was recovered where and by who.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NSTCW22.jpg

This is literally the only reason most people know I exist, lol. I found this on my second day of metal detecting ever. It was my first military button of any kind.

The night before, I prayed for an eagle button, or a Confederate button. Looks like I got a combo of the two...

Estimated value: $1,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread