RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Posting that Coca Cola pic reminds me of a hilarious story from two years ago.

Sometimes in the spring, I take turkey hunters to their hunting blinds. I stay at a family friends house for the night, and walk out the next morning. Anyway, I was having a rough night trying to sleep. I just couldn't. I walked to the refrigerator in the kitchen for something to drink. Inside, was a fresh case of Mountain Dew. I had never had a soda up until that point. There is about 59 mg's of caffeine in one of those cans. I have never had caffeine before.

I drank it, and it was so good, I drank another, at two in the morning. I must have had some crazy big eyes, because from there on, there was no sleeping for me.

I was supposed to take this girl and her dad out to the stand at four am. They came, right on time, and as I was walking them in the darkness, an owl hooted.

I jumped straight up, grabbed a tree branch, and swung myself into a tree all in one motion. They were rolling on the bank with tears in there eyes from laughing. Apparently, Mountain Dew makes me jumpy.

It was snowing that day, and as we sat in the blind, a piece of snow fell from the tree above us, and hit the blind.

I screamed, and jumped out of my chair, and hit my head on the roof. I scared the heck out of both of them when it happened again half an hour later. My hands were literally shaking so much I couldn't write with a pen.

It didn't help that my so called "friend" is a prankster. He jumped at me while I was carrying a plate of food. I screamed, jumped back a number of feet, threw the plate to God knows where, and slammed the door in his face is less than half a second. Everybody was laughing so hard, they were crying. They knew I was "doped up" on caffeine. Now that I look back on it, I must have looked psycho, lol! That probably was a funny sight to see.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
By the way, we never found that plate, lol!

And it's a good thing that girl was five years younger than me. I woulda died of embarrassment.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR,

Thanks for the chuckles....believe Mountain Dew is the drink of choice for Simon.

When I went to two organized metal detecting events, last year and this year, I took a bottle of Mountain Dew with me, and drank it in little sips - almost like a shot of whiskey, but with soda instead. It kept me energized, and I wasn't a psychotic loon as well.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
8CDD19227D654EDE99F13B5D83BACEFB.jpg f83a3238aebcc22e7cb07e5305e70b24.jpg

Do any of you have any of these laying around? They are totally worthless, so let me take them off your hands.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Naw, I ain't leg pullin'. Honest Rusty's my name, and trash collectin's my game!:angel7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good night y'all! The storms keep rolling it. I got a pic of a gust front, a small funnel cloud and a building storm. More is coming. Wish me lightning luck!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good mornin'.

Stupid storms came at midnight, and emergency alerts came on our phones at 2am. No sleep around here ever. It's like an unwritten rule.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Bill, AARC, RR, & crew.

Nice weather here today.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Status