RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GB,

Since you do MMA sparing this type of training might help out. It's a very powerful form of Kung Fu called baji. It was the one I was supposed to learn but didn't have the time to practice due to my heavy travel schedule.

I might dabble in it on my own just following some videos though.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found a 1941 wheatie ten feet from my front door this evening!

DSC_0099.jpg

I also notched this point without breaking it.

000001111111.jpg

Goodnight guys.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GB,

Since you do MMA sparing this type of training might help out. It's a very powerful form of Kung Fu called baji. It was the one I was supposed to learn but didn't have the time to practice due to my heavy travel schedule.

I might dabble in it on my own just following some videos though.

I’d learn just enough to get the crap beat of me.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Later folks 2.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I’d learn just enough to get the crap beat of me.

=======

Maybe..........maybe not. The idea is that you are minding your own business when someone with "malicious intent" approaches. Maybe you aren't prepared to kick his a$$ but your ability to surprise and catch your opponent off guard might be all that is needed to send him packing for an easier target. I studied a different but similar discipline as Bill. I was into into Jeet Kune Do, ( The way of the intercepting fist ). I have the early paperbacks which later were combined into a hardback book called Tao of Jeet Kune Do. Been like 15+ years since I looked at them, they currently reside in my safety deposit box. At the very least, these various disciplines can greatly enhance your ability to "safely" live to see another day. I have great respect for you Bill :notworthy: And for those who do not believe, just google. Amazing people 80+ years old completely decimating opponents. And how about this 118 year old and still has the moves.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
folks,

About the best I can do treasure wise was a recovery I made as a favour New Year's day in the snow 2017. The chap had it custom made almost 1 ounce of 14k white gold encrusted in diamonds at a cost of $26,000.

He's a happy camper....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

-

Hi Bill,

I bet you just got a wet handshake for finding it, right? :laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Good lunch time Tom :hello: I ate the last of the bologna from the cave. Now I think I have tummy ache. ???

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning ARC, Simon, Tom, and crew.

Yes the captain is the captain for a reason, besides being handsome, brave, intelligent, able to put down a keg of rum in a single bound....now where did you say the key to the treasure chest is...our brave good captain???[emoji57]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning ARC, Simon, Tom, and crew.

Yes the captain is the captain for a reason, besides being handsome, brave, intelligent, able to put down a keg of rum in a single bound....now where did you say the key to the treasure chest is...our brave good captain???[emoji57]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

-

Hi MS :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions