RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
WD, You asked what a martingale was last night - it goes on the horses chest on that strap that has a name, but I can't remember it.

=====
They make some really fancy ones don't they RR.
I love horses, especially Mr. Ed :laughing9:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WD, You asked what a martingale was last night - it goes on the horses chest on that strap that has a name, but I can't remember it.

=====
They make some really fancy ones don't they RR.
I love horses, especially Mr. Ed :laughing9:
6E417093-14CB-4CFE-B384-C40B39BBB818.gif Thanks buddy

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
=======
You live in the Boonies RR, Your only company is a lost motorist asking for directions back to civilization in the Union States View attachment 1742790

Just kidding with you RR.

That has happened only once...I'm just not a "people person". Our neighbors visit us often, and for almost two years, they never saw me. I would intentionally run off and wait for it to pass. Diary of a madman you think?:laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That has happened only once...I'm just not a "people person". Our neighbors visit us often, and for almost two years, they never saw me. I would intentionally run off and wait for it to pass. Diary of a madman you think?:laughing7:
======
Nope not a mad man. As you said, just not a people person and nothing wrong with that. Saves money at Christmas because you have fewer cards to buy. :laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember seeing the news when all his neighbors were trying to get him tossed out because they claimed his aircraft made to much noise ?
Does he still live there ?
I did a google satellite search years ago and it was real obvious which house was his :laughing7:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
morning Mike!:hello: how have you been

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Jumbolair.png

By Carlos E. Medina
Posted Jul 7, 2019 at 2:01 AM
Iconic property includes one of the country’s longest private runways, which John Travolta uses.

One of the country’s longest private runways — capable of accommodating a Boeing 747 airliner — and an iconic Marion County property is up for sale along with 550 surrounding acres.

The Jumbolair property, near Anthony, is available for $10.5 million and includes a 7,550-foot long runway, almost 90,000 square feet in warehouse space, a 7,696-square-foot mansion and a nearly 9,000-square-foot banquet facility, according to Bartow McDonald, the listing agent.

The offering also includes several unsold lots in Jumbolair Aviation Estates, a development with access to the runway and which Hollywood actor John Travolta calls home. Travolta’s almost 20-acre property includes a 6,600-square-foot home. An accomplished pilot, Travolta can taxi his Boeing 707 jet right up to the home off the runway.

The property also includes hundreds of undeveloped acres, some which sit across the road from the former Adena Golf and Country Club. The 288-acre course, along with more than 900 additional acres also is up for sale.

“It’s a unique property with a lot of possibilities including with the golf course next door and the warehouse space available,” McDonald said.

The property also comes with a colorful and tragic history. The mansion included in the sale once belonged to Muriel Vanderbilt Adams, an American socialite and great-great-granddaughter of railroad and shipping magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt. Muriel Vanderbilt owned 80 acres surrounding the mansion where she bred thoroughbreds in the 1960s and ’70s. The property was the birthplace of Eclipse champion and U.S. Racing Hall of Fame inductee Desert Vixen.

In 1980, eccentric businessman Arthur Jones bought the property as well as an additional 450 acres surrounding the original Vanderbilt estate. The inventor of Nautilus exercise equipment added the runway and the warehouse facilities. For a time, Jones assembled a menagerie of exotic animals on the property including elephants, rhinos and even a gorilla.

Terri Thayer took over the property after she and Jones divorced in 1989 and helped develop the aviation community, ran the banquet hall and a bed-and-breakfast.

In 2008, five young men died while joyriding on the runway at night. The car they were in drove off the runway at a high rate of speed and crashed into a treeline.

In 2013, Frank Merschman acquired the property, took the remaining aviation estate lots off the market and ended the bed-and-breakfast and banquet services. He built his own estate and kept the property largely private, except for an occasional event where owners of muscle and exotic cars could use the runway as a drag strip.

Contact Carlos E. Medina at 867-4157 or [email protected]

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember seeing the news when all his neighbors were trying to get him tossed out because they claimed his aircraft made to much noise ?
Does he still live there ?
I did a google satellite search years ago and it was real obvious which house was his :laughing7:
Yes he does and he holds his movie premiers here at the local cineplex, AND downtown Ocala has a Church of Scientology in the old Marion Block building.
PS; Meagan Markle's jealous sister Samantha, lives 12 blocks north of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread