RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Bee keeping is like first time finding a nugget out shooting.

Being new to it is good, Germany will pay you 500 Euro in your first year plus 80 Euro per box; depending on your state depends on how much land the gemeinder will grant you. That US vet I know got 3300 square meters of forest land that joined his farm for 280 Euro, he had the pick from 9 locations and one was just right there at the forest byy his farm.

I figured that was like super lucky but that Cop said that is exactly what happened to him as well. He had explained that Germany is very friendly towards keepers.

I hear you on that modified stuff, that is so popular to.

Did you see that neews article 2 years ago where Alnatura pulled their honey because that one firm that claimed the honey was all made in Germany got busted. It was some honey that only comes from New Zealand and is black, sells for like 40 Euro per 200 grams. Turns out it was normal honey with food coloring. The LKA had gotten involved for economic crimes violation against that firm, that firm was also selling Bee Pollen out of Croatia, but such Pollen is not legal in Germany. Not even legal in the EU.

If you need help with grants and stuff then contact your local Imker club or PM me and I will run and archive on the stuff I have on file forward it to you. Germany and Italy are the only Proactive EU members right now bending over backwards to deal with this bee problem.

Do you feed your sugar? If you do, then do you make your own sugar to do so.

Thanks oddjob!

Is the sugar you can buy for feeding not good at all ? Please tell me more about it!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks oddjob!

Is the sugar you can buy for feeding not good at all ? Please tell me more about it!

I would not use it but thats me; we are used to growing or harvesting most of what all we consume. Making sugar is really easy; I am sure you can look up the easy process on youtube using the sugar beet / zuckerrübe.

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today i was at work hauling hay from one farm to the next on the way there i passed by a park. I was looking and i was shocked by what i saw! Another hunter from my little town. To make things more interesting it was a female. Was pretty excited to see somebody else out there in my town.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Randy,

Now you got some competition...do me a favor and don't start stalking her. We don't want to have to take up a collection for your bail.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Monday morn.

Seems like the thread os getting lagged / hung up on loading again... :/

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So today i was at work hauling hay from one farm to the next on the way there i passed by a park. I was looking and i was shocked by what i saw! Another hunter from my little town. To make things more interesting it was a female. Was pretty excited to see somebody else out there in my town.

Well, that is exciting! Hope you are able to hunt together. If you meet and find out she's married or otherwise taken, ask to meet the significant other to make sure they are all cool with it. If she's not attached, then you just need to make friends with her. Be a gentleman regardless of the situation. Could be beneficial for both of you.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
good morning Tnet

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am related to George Carlin through marriage. Wasn't a close enough relation to ever get a chance to meet him though. He was a funny guy.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Monday morn.

Seems like the thread os getting lagged / hung up on loading again... :/

I had to clear all my cookies and history last week. No problems today. Well besides my usual mental ones.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
good morning Tnet

Good morning, gold boy. I didn't expect to see you. I thought you would be going on your trip. I thought about you a couple times yesterday...heard two Toby Mac songs on the radio. It made me think. I have to ask, does your Grandmother drive down the road with the radio cranked and "getting into" her favorite songs on the radio? I do. My grandsons laugh hysterically at me. I'm sure I make a few other drivers laugh, too! :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Some pics from camp a couple weekends ago.

waiting2.JPG Waiting for the fisherman to get out of his way.

Mouthfull.JPG Finally! Time to eat!

problem.JPG This could be a problem.

problem2.JPG "You think?!?"

lump.JPG I think he needs something to wash it down. Too bad the fisherman didn't leave him a beer.

2nds.JPG Oh, well, go back for desert.

stare.JPG "Flipping tourists! I can't even eat in peace!"

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, gold boy. I didn't expect to see you. I thought you would be going on your trip. I thought about you a couple times yesterday...heard two Toby Mac songs on the radio. It made me think. I have to ask, does your Grandmother drive down the road with the radio cranked and "getting into" her favorite songs on the radio? I do. My grandsons laugh hysterically at me. I'm sure I make a few other drivers laugh, too! :laughing7:

i don't leave till Friday and yes my grandmother does it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread