RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally we are underway !! I'm riding along the beach at 23.5 knots. Still in phone range and on our way from ft. Lauderdale to ft pierce. Late start, so it will be a short run today.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1982_HS_02_017.jpg 4324234-1024x703.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
On Dr. Hook - Cover of the Rolling Stone

I posted that on my music thread. The version I found though, they were so trashed. It was kind of funny. Also, my Pastor played in a little band. We went to see him/them one night. They played that song. It kind of shocked me. LOL!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I can definitely relate to that. We grew up this way....and yes my music is the background to my travels down the hiway…..at the top of my lungs, drives the wife crazy.

I can't get away with it with hubby in the car. Just the grandkids.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Yeah I think I saw the same version and they all looked pretty wasted....lol.

On Dr. Hook - Cover of the Rolling Stone

I posted that on my music thread. The version I found though, they were so trashed. It was kind of funny. Also, my Pastor played in a little band. We went to see him/them one night. They played that song. It kind of shocked me. LOL!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So I went hunting this evening for a couple hours. There was a large tree fallen across the road, so I had to park my ranger and hoof it. I was using the AT MAX. I'm really struggling trying to figure it out. I was getting a hit on the old logging road. The numbers were bouncing between 89 and 93. It's a gravel road with hard clay underneath and digging was tough. There was a big rock I had to dig out. Spent at least 30 minutes trying to dig in this stuff. Could not find anything. Finally figured out the rock was setting off the Max. Could someone explain to me why that is?

Anyways I moved up the road and entered one of the party spots. Got another signal in the 90's. Actually found it with the pinpointer, so I dug. Found a 38 shell. Saw some pretty flowers and decided to go back to the ranger and get the camera. Took some pics and then spied the other party spot. Yes, I am ADD.

Anyways, I started gathering up cans, bottles, shotgun shells, glass, you know, the trash. Started to find some interesting pieces. I found a lot of trash. Worked up a sweat and started thinking about quitting. Checked out this other area and was pulling up mattress springs when lo and behold something round pops out. I was saying, "Please be a coin! Oh please be a coin!" It was so dark in there I couldn't tell. So, that was the deciding factor. I headed back to the ranger to get a bag to load up some trash. When I got in the light I checked, and sure enough, I found a very roached quarter. It's modern, though. I can't get a date only 19__.

Oh well, at least I found a coin!

flower1.JPG

pile.JPG

beer pile.JPG

insituhandle.JPG

insitulock.JPG

total.JPG

find1.JPG

find2.JPG I like this stuff. Will probably use it to decorate my she-shed

find3.JPG Teeth and another square tile

find4.JPG Now this is a roached out spark plug!

find5.JPG

find6.JPG Mortise lock?

find7.JPG I like the hinge and handle

find8.JPG Is this like a mini mortise lock?

find9.JPG Whoop, there it is! My big whopping quarter! I doubt I can retire any time soon.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft pierce is awsome !! Pulled in and who is at the dock !! Dan porter and the sea reaper !! Got a great pic of Dan and I at the bar holding a 2escudo freshly dug by his mate levin. I have tried to load the pic all morn and it just won't go through. We drank late and told treasure tales till the roosters started to crow. Got to hang with the big dogs and feel like I was someone important !! I will be back in 2 weeks and maybe ill be able to ride out on the sea reaper and help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread