RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
So much for German engineering.......So much for their 'Quality Control' :( View attachment 1576195
==================
Tom, you have some explaining to do ........ fb4.jpg ( yea, it's a re-post, but still funny )

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IS it morning or night ?

Ahhh yes... good morning. :P

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey what happened to the random picture thread ? It was closed, then opened,now closed again?????????

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey what happened to the random picture thread ? It was closed, then opened,now closed again?????????

Admins said to shut it down, it was giving page errors due to all the pictures, multiple admins were having issue getting into thread and it was the only thread on our forums we had trouble accessing.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admins said to shut it down, it was giving page errors due to all the pictures, multiple admins were having issue getting into thread and it was the only thread on our forums we had trouble accessing.

Thanks.Too bad.Maybe the trouble is on their end.I've never/ever had a problem pulling it up .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.Too bad.Maybe the trouble is on their end. I've never/ever had a problem pulling it up .

Not on their end as it only affects that one single thread, they pulled the server records and found page error on the thread. Problem was on the pictures on the thread and members when they quote would include the pictures which doubles the pictures. No other single thread has that many pictures.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other

Firstly, let me say that I'm not arguing your statement.

That said, seems strange to me that with such an incredibly slow internet connection that I almost never had any problems with errors. I know that .gifs were slowing things down for me BADLY(!!), but when the .gifs aren't there, the RPT loaded up without any problems.

I should also mention that, due to limited data allowance and slow internet access, that I also use an ad blocker. Maybe it was the addition of ads that helped slow their puters down? Still, have no idea about the errors. That's interesting.

TH, is there still any investigating going on over this? If so, will you please keep us updated?

ADDED:
Btw, our internet gets SO slow at times that I cannot even get the basic search page from DuckDuckGo search engine to come up!! It's fairly rare for it to be that slow, but it still happens now and then. I just have to end up shutting down for the day.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was a teenager my late Aunt Rowena told me "Roger, sometimes my legs hurt so bad I don't think they got no nerves in them"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly, let me say that I'm not arguing your statement.

That said, seems strange to me that with such an incredibly slow internet connection that I almost never had any problems with errors. I know that .gifs were slowing things down for me BADLY(!!), but when the .gifs aren't there, the RPT loaded up without any problems.

I should also mention that, due to limited data allowance and slow internet access, that I also use an ad blocker. Maybe it was the addition of ads that helped slow their puters down? Still, have no idea about the errors. That's interesting.

TH, is there still any investigating going on over this? If so, will you please keep us updated?

ADDED:
Btw, our internet gets SO slow at times that I cannot even get the basic search page from DuckDuckGo search engine to come up!! It's fairly rare for it to be that slow, but it still happens now and then. I just have to end up shutting down for the day.

No, thread is closed and will not be reopened. It only affects one thread, and several mods see the problem.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
==================
Tom, you have some explaining to do ........ View attachment 1576329 ( yea, it's a re-post, but still funny )

Sorry Simon,
I can not make a statement because this would go political again in any way for sure...
Self-censorship works...
I real don´t know anymore what can be said here or not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Simon,
I can not make a statement because this would go political again in any way for sure...
Self-censorship works...

Tom as long as the reply is not political you can reply.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Simon,
Self-censorship works...
===============
duct tape.png

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i really don't like going down the blacktop anymore i go on a four wheeler my site that i hunt is in my uncles field anyway there is this really mean black lab he chases me all the time what should i do i carry a airsoft pistol that really stings any other ideas

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, thread is closed and will not be reopened. It only affects one thread, and several mods see the problem.

"several mods see the problem" ? So you are saying the thread cannot be fixed ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i really don't like going down the blacktop anymore i go on a four wheeler my site that i hunt is in my uncles field anyway there is this really mean black lab he chases me all the time what should i do i carry a airsoft pistol that really stings any other ideas
Get a bag of dog kibble and just start dropping it along the road as you go. It's stomach will take over the brain quickly enough.
Note some dogs just chase anything, it takes a lot to break them.
Note also If you shot my dog (even though it was a airsoft pistol), I'd be inclined to return the favour back onto you.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey AARC, I had wondered while I was posting .gifs ( animated pictures ). This is because they appear to run in perpetual motion so even when not being viewed, they were continually running. Locking that thread is, ( IMHO ), simply a band aid fix. Animated .gifs are popular and used on a lot of threads and sooner or later I am afraid other threads will suffer the same consequences. It does seem odd that all of us that participated and used that thread on a daily basis did not experience any problem getting into the thread. Some of us were posting up to 20+ times or more within a short time frame with no problem. :icon_scratch:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepper spray

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AARC, I had wondered while I was posting .gifs ( animated pictures ). This is because they appear to run in perpetual motion so even when not being viewed, they were continually running. Locking that thread is, ( IMHO ), simply a band aid fix. Animated .gifs are popular and used on a lot of threads and sooner or later I am afraid other threads will suffer the same consequences. It does seem odd that all of us that participated and used that thread on a daily basis did not experience any problem getting into the thread. Some of us were posting up to 20+ times or more within a short time frame with no problem. :icon_scratch:

I agree and is and has been weird... many things cross ones mind.

I would think Crispens thread would have had the same trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread