Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 2250 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast
Like Tree189248Likes

Thread: RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    10575 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Admins said to shut it down, it was giving page errors due to all the pictures, multiple admins were having issue getting into thread and it was the only thread on our forums we had trouble accessing.
    Thanks.Too bad.Maybe the trouble is on their end.I've never/ever had a problem pulling it up .
    AARC and Tom_Restorer like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Thanks.Too bad.Maybe the trouble is on their end. I've never/ever had a problem pulling it up .
    Not on their end as it only affects that one single thread, they pulled the server records and found page error on the thread. Problem was on the pictures on the thread and members when they quote would include the pictures which doubles the pictures. No other single thread has that many pictures.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7024 times
    Admins said to shut it down, it was giving page errors due to all the pictures, multiple admins were having issue getting into thread and it was the only thread on our forums we had trouble accessing.
    Firstly, let me say that I'm not arguing your statement.

That said, seems strange to me that with such an incredibly slow internet connection that I almost never had any problems with errors. I know that .gifs were slowing things down for me BADLY(!!), but when the .gifs aren't there, the RPT loaded up without any problems.

I should also mention that, due to limited data allowance and slow internet access, that I also use an ad blocker. Maybe it was the addition of ads that helped slow their puters down? Still, have no idea about the errors. That's interesting.

TH, is there still any investigating going on over this? If so, will you please keep us updated?

ADDED:
    Btw, our internet gets SO slow at times that I cannot even get the basic search page from DuckDuckGo search engine to come up!! It's fairly rare for it to be that slow, but it still happens now and then. I just have to end up shutting down for the day.
    AARC, pepperj and Tom_Restorer like this.
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17284 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    When I was a teenager my late Aunt Rowena told me "Roger, sometimes my legs hurt so bad I don't think they got no nerves in them"
    AARC, Tom_Restorer and Oddjob like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kcm View Post
    Firstly, let me say that I'm not arguing your statement.

That said, seems strange to me that with such an incredibly slow internet connection that I almost never had any problems with errors. I know that .gifs were slowing things down for me BADLY(!!), but when the .gifs aren't there, the RPT loaded up without any problems.

I should also mention that, due to limited data allowance and slow internet access, that I also use an ad blocker. Maybe it was the addition of ads that helped slow their puters down? Still, have no idea about the errors. That's interesting.

TH, is there still any investigating going on over this? If so, will you please keep us updated?

ADDED:
    Btw, our internet gets SO slow at times that I cannot even get the basic search page from DuckDuckGo search engine to come up!! It's fairly rare for it to be that slow, but it still happens now and then. I just have to end up shutting down for the day.
    No, thread is closed and will not be reopened. It only affects one thread, and several mods see the problem.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    is
    Restorer

Oct 2009
    At Home
    32234 times
    Shipwrecks, Pool Billard (since 37 years), LR Shooting, Crossbow Shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
    ==================
    Tom, you have some explaining to do ........Attachment 1576329 ( yea, it's a re-post, but still funny )
    Sorry Simon,
    I can not make a statement because this would go political again in any way for sure...
    Self-censorship works...
    I real donīt know anymore what can be said here or not.
    AARC, Simon1 and Oddjob like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Restorer View Post
    Sorry Simon,
    I can not make a statement because this would go political again in any way for sure...
    Self-censorship works...
    Tom as long as the reply is not political you can reply.
    AARC likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    32132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Restorer View Post
    Sorry Simon,
    Self-censorship works...
    ===============
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duct tape.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	1576623

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    16650 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    i really don't like going down the blacktop anymore i go on a four wheeler my site that i hunt is in my uncles field anyway there is this really mean black lab he chases me all the time what should i do i carry a airsoft pistol that really stings any other ideas
    Hoping to join the Marines one day

'Give me liberty or death'. Patrick Henry

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    42149 times
    No, thread is closed and will not be reopened. It only affects one thread, and several mods see the problem.
    "several mods see the problem" ? So you are saying the thread cannot be fixed ?
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16312 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold boy View Post
    i really don't like going down the blacktop anymore i go on a four wheeler my site that i hunt is in my uncles field anyway there is this really mean black lab he chases me all the time what should i do i carry a airsoft pistol that really stings any other ideas
    Get a bag of dog kibble and just start dropping it along the road as you go. It's stomach will take over the brain quickly enough.
    Note some dogs just chase anything, it takes a lot to break them.
    Note also If you shot my dog (even though it was a airsoft pistol), I'd be inclined to return the favour back onto you.
    Simon1, AARC and Tom_Restorer like this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16312 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    I would stay clear away from jethro's bowels
    Good catch

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    32132 times
    Hey AARC, I had wondered while I was posting .gifs ( animated pictures ). This is because they appear to run in perpetual motion so even when not being viewed, they were continually running. Locking that thread is, ( IMHO ), simply a band aid fix. Animated .gifs are popular and used on a lot of threads and sooner or later I am afraid other threads will suffer the same consequences. It does seem odd that all of us that participated and used that thread on a daily basis did not experience any problem getting into the thread. Some of us were posting up to 20+ times or more within a short time frame with no problem.
    AARC, Tom_Restorer and Oddjob like this.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12802 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold boy View Post
    pepper spray
    AARC, Simon1, Tom_Restorer and 2 others like this.
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    42149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
    Hey AARC, I had wondered while I was posting .gifs ( animated pictures ). This is because they appear to run in perpetual motion so even when not being viewed, they were continually running. Locking that thread is, ( IMHO ), simply a band aid fix. Animated .gifs are popular and used on a lot of threads and sooner or later I am afraid other threads will suffer the same consequences. It does seem odd that all of us that participated and used that thread on a daily basis did not experience any problem getting into the thread. Some of us were posting up to 20+ times or more within a short time frame with no problem.
    I agree and is and has been weird... many things cross ones mind.

I would think Crispens thread would have had the same trouble.
    Simon1, Tom_Restorer and Oddjob like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links