RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
its finally raining here after about three months without it

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• heisenberg-felt-hat.jpg
    heisenberg-felt-hat.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 37

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,

She must be doing something right....lol, she's worth $200 million.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Bill, I bet EVERYTHING that this one below with same voice and same songs would make approx 200 bucks :laughing7: :headbang:

Attachments

• b1a3de1defc50b3f165a893a25ecb8d3.jpg
    b1a3de1defc50b3f165a893a25ecb8d3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 36

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I thought about using it.But folding up the sifter for transport,many times would probably weaken any metal/steel mesh screening at the fold area .

Did you thought about a wood frame 40 by 40 cm? Why do you want to fold it? Do you have a larger one in mind?

Do you want to use it for detection in flat water?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did you thought about a wood frame 40 by 40 cm? Why do you want to fold it? Do you have a larger one in mind?

Do you want to use it for detection in flat water?

Want one sifter to 'fold' up because of limited space in the car.It will be used to sift sand from 'low' areas on the beach.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I made a gif to give you all a boat ride on Lake Erie. This is West Sister Island. It is known for being on Dirty Jobs for the Cormorant poop.

West Sister.gif

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Want one sifter to 'fold' up because of limited space in the car.It will be used to sift sand from 'low' areas on the beach.

Please let us see how you figured it out and how you build it!!

Just have an idea for a real cheap folding one! Make on two sides of this net loops to put arms in. Than pull it over the arms of your wife and she holds it while you shovel stuff in. :icon_thumleft:

Hope you understand how I mean it. ....damn lack of english...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK, now I see !

VERY good idea with the double frame!! Gives much more stability to the grid!

Damn..... now I have to build a new one.... Anyway, I didn´t saw mine in the cellar for approx 4 or 5 years now.

003.JPG
If your going to make one.I would recommend you put legs on it like this . The screen angle is changed by moving the legs forward or back.The beachsand will hold the unit in place to what ever angle you want.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1617442
If your going to make one.I would recommend you put legs on it like this . The screen angle is changed by moving the legs forward or back.The beachsand will hold the unit in place to what ever angle you want.

If we would use it the same way, I would build it like this. We just need a floating one for flat water. As I said, we use it in the flat water and just shovel with the hands sand and stones in it to find neolithic blades etc. at our beach. There was a neolithic settlement which is now under water. Many years ago I found on the sand many neolithic stuff which was washed out by the waves so we got this idea.

But I can imagine that your sifter safes a lot of time finding the stuff in the sand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread