RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.JPG
Tested multiple times with the Falcon MD-20 ....And it tested.... positive for Gold....!:)
Wife picked it up at some flea market two months ago for $2.00
But I'm thinking its got to be gold plated.No one in their right mind would mark it $2.00. The Falcon will detect a small spec (as per test card) 012.JPG

Last edited:

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1629197
Tested multiple times with the Falcon MD-20 ....And it test.... positive for Gold....!:)
Wife picked it up at some flea market two months ago for $2.00
But I'm thinking its got to be gold plated.No one in their right mind would mark it $2.00. The Falcon will detect a small spec (as per test card)
Think I remember this being posted back then

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take the 10* over the 90 anyday.

i will to especially here in TX in the winter it gets about in the 40's at night and the low 60's through out the day

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RIP Burt Reynolds . One wild & crazy dude.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

this stone "tool" looks indeed a little bit like an neolithic driller (not like a scraper as your friend described it) but this stone wasn´t made by humans. it is a natural form and those parts who looks like flintknapping, are just natural washed out areas of softer stone. I also don´t see any worn or used areas on it. I don´t think a human ever did something with it at all.

Hope you are not disappointed!!

Remembers me that I want to upload some pics of my neolithic collection (with description of the tools)

Yes! I am extremely disappointed! You were just calling me “Sis” and you are already back to “WD!” How many leg gifs do I have to post?!?! LOL!

Seriously, I am glad the people here and on the other thread take the time to explain so that I can learn. What I need to do is print your post and the other posts because I just don’t have the knowledge it takes to explain it to others. I have been hopeful but doubtful, Mr WD and a few others are convinced it’s not just a rock.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes! I am extremely disappointed! You were just calling me “Sis” and you are already back to “WD!” How many leg gifs do I have to post?!?! LOL!

Seriously, I am glad the people here and on the other thread take the time to explain so that I can learn. What I need to do is print your post and the other posts because I just don’t have the knowledge it takes to explain it to others. I have been hopeful but doubtful, Mr WD and a few others are convinced it’s not just a rock.

Sorry my SIS ! ! :laughing7: :notworthy:

Just thought it is may not ok for you if I say sis...

Btw. this kind of stones was used as axes, mace heads and grinders by the native Americans. So if you find anything that is looking strange, always pic it up and show it here in the forum.

You can learn a lot if you just go to Ebay and search for "native American"! There you can see everything from Clovis to Indian tribes and also all kind of used stone materials. That what you have seen once you will not miss on the field while searching :icon_thumright:

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone scuba detect?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I hear of Burt Reynolds I have a flashback to this one day I was giving a briefing to a bunch of students. The instructors slipped in a photo of him naked....I clicked my clicker and everyone started laughing...turned around to see that.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vhoov,

Blak Bart does and AARC also but he's been missing in action lately.
Blak Bart what machine should I get. Apparently AARC is in the brig for going AWOL.

Garrett sea hunter MKII or the Excalibur?
Or one I dont know about yet.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vhoov,

Hopefully Bart will pop in since I don't dive I wouldn't want to lead you astray as to a choice. If that doesn't doesn't pan out the beach and water forum crowd should be able to help you out.

Blak Bart what machine should I get. Apparently AARC is in the brig for going AWOL.

Garrett sea hunter MKII or the Excalibur?
Or one I dont know about yet.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate it Bill.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im an excal man vhoov. Ive used a few different brands but that excal kills it underwater, and on the beach. Im sure ARCC would agree !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions